Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2023, 11:29   #121
BHPian

re: Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FURY_44 View Post
Once the cast was removed, after 10 days, it was really difficult to fold my ring and middle finger together.
At least you had the sense to get it looked at by a doctor. I just rode home, saw my knuckle was swollen, put on some ointment and got on with life through the pain! Not very intelligent! But then I was being silly and "being a man"...

One side effect was that I developed a kind of pseudo googly slipped through that gap when playing cricket! Worked well after practice.
Pennant1970 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th March 2023, 14:53   #122
BHPian

re: Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FURY_44 View Post
Tale Of Two Weddings & FURY’s 5th Anniversary Ride
When: Feb 3rd - 5th
The Sketch: Bangalore - Velankanni - Nagapattinam - Nagercoil - Kanyakumari - Bangalore
Stay: Covered by the bridegroom
42 days since I parked the bike after the wedding trip, I took the bike out for a short spin and a much-needed wash. The bike was left as is since I returned back from the trip, this was the longest duration the bike was parked up post covid. Glad to be back on the saddle!

FURY IN ALL ITS GLORY

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-img_7831_remastered.jpg

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-img_7865_remastered.jpg

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-img_7870_remastered.jpg

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-img_7879_remastered.jpg
FURY_44 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th June 2023, 12:36   #123
BHPian

The Clan Summer Vacation - April - May 2023
When: Labour Day long weekend
Planned: Bangalore - Valparai - Bangalore
Executed: Bangalore - Valparai - Athirapilly - Chalakudy - Palakkad - Bangalore
Stay: Briar Group, Monica Garden Bungalow & Stanmore Bungalow

Day 1 Route Map: Bangalore - CBE - Pollachi - Valparai

For reasons unknown, a total of 37 members, decided to sign up for this trip which included 25 RR310s from the Bangalore RR310 owners group and the rest of them were mutual friends on different bikes. Props to me for planning this long weekend trip a month in advance and blocking entire bungalows. However, the dynamics of the trip suddenly shifted from easy to challenging. Since I usually start late than the rest of the group, I suggested we split the group into two for effective timekeeping and optimum coordination. Most of the guys, in fact, the majority, gave me the silent treatment, only 7 of the total signed up for a 5:30 AM start, while the rest started at 3 AM from E City toll plaza. Well, we all know how this one ends. *enter evil smile*

With my super aggressive Indie, Mayo, in my parent's custody for the rest of the weekend, I left home by 4:30 AM, to meet the rest of the 7 members at E City toll plaza, a quick pep talk later, and we began our journey by 5:30 AM. The traffic was light and the pace was good until Thoppur toll plaza, well, it had to be Thoppur of all places. Twin accidents on both up and down carriages had created mayhem, we resorted to the shoulder of the road to filter through the traffic. I was shit scared seeing & passing all of those heavy trucks, they were struggling to stop downhill in the stop-and-go traffic, props to all those drivers who were patient and handled their huge vehicles carefully. In all those car threads and travelogues Tbhpians mention how bikes are a hazard on the highways, it's time for me to give it back. The most impatient, rash, and negligent drivers were the car drivers on the scene, jumping over rocks on the side of the road, kicking up dust, and causing inconvenience to other users, harsh braking and cutting across huge trucks to merge into lanes, I mean all of this antics just to gain a few meters.

We lost around 20 minutes at Thoppur and decided to have breakfast at Hotel Sharvesh just after descending the ghat, the food was surprisingly delicious and cost less compared to all those hotels at Shoolagiri and Krishnagiri, a new breakfast point added for all of our future trips. Salem had the office rush hour traffic and we had to filter through, it added another 30 mins to our time. Our next stop was planned for a fuel break at one of those LOA IOC bunks just after Sankari. After taking the roundabout towards CBE from Salem, the road was pretty empty and I was just cruising at a decent pace. Spotted one of those LOA IOC bunks at the last minute and made it just into the fuel bunk. Lo behold at the far left of the bunk, I could see a bunch of bikers, a few meters later, ah, these are our 3 AM starters, you should have seen their faces, I was laughing like a madman inside my helmet. Told ya guys, we should have properly split into two groups.

The ride was surprisingly "uneventful" by our standards, with sedate riding we made it to Hotel Gowri Krishna, Pollachi for lunch at around 12:30 PM. We were quite puzzled about what to do if we reach Valparai before dark, haha. We were at the Aliyar checkpost by 4:30 PM and began our ascend to Valparai. I was frustrated with the Bangalore heat and I made sure not to carry any rain gear just for the sake of it, I really wanted to enjoy some rain this time. A few km later from the checkpost, the climate drastically changed within minutes, the clouds went dark, and the wind was gusting, the air had that "first drops of rain" smell, it's called Petrichor, and I knew at that moment, the time I was waiting for had come. To my disappointment, all of the guys took shelter to put on their rain gear and I among a couple of others were the only few to ride in the rain. It was a surreal experience, the roads were literally empty, with the sound of rain falling on your helmet, the beautiful ghat roads of Valparai, I couldn't have asked for a better entrance. With lots of time in hand, I also stopped at a few scenic locations to take some stunning pictures with the rain falling.

Rules are meant to be broken?

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-20230429_145513.jpg

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-20230429_145734.jpg

The mango showers, the reason I was here

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-20230429_151623.jpg

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-20230429_154210.jpg

The "Valparai" shot

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-20230429_154317.jpg

We made it to our bungalow by 5:30 PM, yes, we made it before dark which is surprising with 34 odd bikes and a couple of pillions. Given how our previous trips have begun/ended I will take this . Monica Bungalow was fully booked for us accommodating around 26 members and the rest of the gang was accommodated at Stanmore Bungalow which was 3kms apart but of the same group. A gala dinner and a small "party" of sorts later, we decided to call it an uneventful day and hit our sacks late at night. With absolutely no proper plan sketched for local sightseeing the next day, I had a good sleep.

Day 1 stats from REVER

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-valparai-ride.png

Day 2: Local sightseeing, Valparai

Me being an early bird of sorts, woke up at 6 AM, and also woke up a couple of others for a morning walk around the property.

Walks around the property, yielded this stunning shot

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-20230430_064237.jpg

The overnight rain at Valparai

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-20230430_065943.jpg

A game of friendly shuttle, multiple photoshoots, drone shots, and an a la carte breakfast later, we were ready only by 12:00 PM for local sightseeing. A few minutes down the road and the gang was skipping with one leg in the air trying to wear the rain paint, it started pouring on our way to Nirar Dam which was the one and only sightseeing place which we went to.

On the way to Nirar Dam

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-20230430_132632.jpg

The Clan at Nirar Dam

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-20230430_131652.jpg

Hungry stomachs and pure frustration about their rain gear not holding a candle against the Valaparai showers, all the other plans were canceled and we decided to head to town for lunch at the famous Sri Lakshmi Chettinadu Mess. Hungry, and wet, a big line of people welcomed us at the mess, we took our turns, trying to sit at whichever table was getting empty. It was the typical "pandhi" style where a guy behind you stands for your seat and makes you eat faster to the sheer pressure and guilt that you are making him wait in hunger. 1:30 hrs later, I was the last one standing after allocating a seat to every person from our gang, when I finally got the seat, quickly dissected a biryani and we were good to go.

I was exhausted, so I decided to head to the property to take some rest, while the rest of the gang split up towards different locations for photoshoots. The Baku GP was on by the time I reached the stay, and spent the rest of the time catching up with F1 while the rest of the gang returned. F1 priorities

We had a couple of birthdays to be celebrated, cut them cakes, a gala dinner, and a party of sorts later, and hit the sack again late at night.

Twist: After lunch, before the gang split up for photoshoots, we had a small discussion about how we improvise, I'm stressing on improvise here, our ride by riding through Athirapilly and reaching Bangalore. Conditions were put in beforehand, we start by 6:30 AM, or else we take the traditional route back to Bangalore. A few newbies unknowing what was ahead of them signed up for this adventure, falling for their hunger for adrenaline and excitement. The rest of the core group knowing what was ahead of them had a small grin on their face.

THE PLAN IS ON! *insert Beast BGM*

Day 3 Route Map: Valparai - Athirapilly - Chalakudy - Palakkad - Bangalore

We had a 12:30 hrs ride ahead of us as per Google estimates, add in a couple of hours of breaks and it easily extends up to 15 hrs, if not more. Surprisingly, everyone was up mostly by 6:00 - 6:30 AM, we had a quick breakfast of bread toasts and were ready to leave, around 7:45 AM, remember the original plan, that we leave by 6:30 AM or stick to the traditional route, well, it didn't matter, read on.

Out of the total, 7 of them had decided they stay back at the resort, have proper breakfast and take the traditional route back to Bangalore by leaving around 10 - 10:30 AM, so we were 30 odd heading towards Athirapilly.

This was my 1st time inside the rainforest, after failing multiple times due to the checkpost being closed. The roads on the KL side were under construction, we could not ride above 40-50 kph. We didn't encounter any wildlife on the way much to our dismay, we were spoiled by all those Instagram Reels showing Elephants chasing KSRTC buses and bikers inside Athirapilly. It took us all 3 hrs to ride through the forest and exit.

Lower Sholayar Dam

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-20230501_081958.jpg

An early lunch stop at Nandikarra after Chalakudy at around 12:00 PM. The sun and heat were in full force in KL, and the progress was really slow, a few stopped for a power nap at tea stalls, while the rest rode at a very slow pace around 80 kph, including myself.

By 4 or 4:30 PM, we were at the Coimbatore Jn, under the flyover, on the NH, the weather took a turn for the worst after 6 PM, and the delta belt of Tiruppur - Perundurai - Erode - Salem was lashed with heavy rains, with floodings near Perundurai bypass. It was 7 PM when we reached Erode and it was pitch dark, a few of the guys threw in the towel by calling it a day and stayed at a hotel for the night, which was probably the sanest thing to do.

Twist: Remember those guys who wanted to take the traditional route to Bangalore by starting late at Valparai. Well, one person had giddiness during the descend, he had to be medicated and take rest on the way, after feeling a little better they continued their ride. Once in Pollachi, an INT650 failed to start due to a low battery, the gang had to resort to charging it and trying to find a replacement, but they couldn't find one. They lost a lot of time due to all of this and we caught up with them at the Coimbatore Junction. We all took different routes and ended up altogether. Coincidence?, Not.

Stops of 30-40 mins during regular intervals, trying to get protection from the rain, meant we were at Managalam, Krishnagiri at 11:15 PM, the break lasted an hour, when I decided to throw in the towel, heck, I am reaching home, no matter what. Heavy to very heavy rains lashed until Hosur, assisted by very strong winds, if this had happened during daytime while I could see the force of the rain, I would have probably stopped riding, since it was dark, and I couldn't gauge the force of the rain and braved the conditions, reached home at 1:45 AM, that's around 15 - 16 hrs on the road for a journey from Valparai to Bangalore.

The rest of the gang followed suit and reached home around 4:30 AM in the morning, they decided to wait out the rain at Mangalam, Krishnagiri. The Erode stoppers who had a nice, warm, cozy, sleep on their comfortable beds reached home at various times the same day. As always, we've had our fair share of luck, excitement, and unpredictable conditions on our ride, a big thanks to all of the riders in the group for sticking together throughout. I am sure I cannot find a better set of riders than these guys.

Last edited by FURY_44 : 9th June 2023 at 12:39.
FURY_44 is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 11th June 2023, 20:01   #124
BHPian

15-16 hours on the saddle is a lot, though the RR310 is comfortable compared to other sport bikes. Though with your past experiences this may be a cinch! Well described. The only decision I've decided to stick to ADVs for touring is solely comfort and visibility. I am heavily built and unfortunately my opthal sense has degraded to the lowest standards due to genetics. The lack of an easy fix for AUX lights for sports bikes is what would make me consider a Multi, rather than a Street Triple - although the Multi is no slouch the striple would prance circles around it with its superior handling and planted feel.
100Kmphormore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2023, 10:20   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100Kmphormore View Post
15-16 hours on the saddle is a lot, though the RR310 is comfortable compared to other sport bikes. Though with your past experiences this may be a cinch! Well described. The only decision I've decided to stick to ADVs for touring is solely comfort and visibility.
As you put it, the RR310 is much more comfortable to cruise around compared to the other sports tourers, due to a much leisure rider triangle, with not-so-rear-set footpegs. Our marathon rides which last 12+ hours are breaks included, be it, a lethargic attitude to reach home, bad luck, or unforeseen circumstances like rains or deviation from the original ride plan. I'm 5'10" with long legs, and my knees almost reach the level of the tank when I sit on the saddle, if comfort is a priority, I myself will choose an ADV or a GS310 over the RR310.
FURY_44 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2024, 12:04   #126
BHPian

THE 310 CLAN BENGALURU’S SOUTH INDIA COASTAL TRIANGLE TOUR

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-sictt-route-map.jpeg

Introduction:

As I sit down to reminisce about the past 6 years and 40,000 kilometers spent riding alongside my friends from the Owners Group in Bengaluru, I'm flooded with a mix of emotions. From those initial mornings of bonding over breakfast to the excitement of our overnight adventures, our shared love for biking and travel has woven a rich tapestry of memories. Buying the first batch of RR310 back in 2018 wasn't just a purchase; it has been a gateway to a world where I've met some of the most incredible people I never imagined crossing paths with in this lifetime. Such has been our bond over these 6 years.

The Dream Takes Shape:

Every biker dreams of those epic journeys, of conquering Ladakh's rugged terrain or traversing the length and breadth of our beautiful country with nothing but the open road ahead. While a lucky few in the group have ticked off Ladakh from their bucket list, for me, that dream still flickers on the horizon, waiting for the right moment to come alive. But amidst our individual aspirations, a collective dream began to take shape – the dream of that “ONE BIG RIDE” as a group. Ideas had been floating around since 2019 – such as the Golden Quadrilateral Challenge, the daunting Iron Butt Challenge – but it was the allure of the South India Coastal Triangle Tour (SICTT) that truly captured our imaginations.

Making the Decision:

Fueled by determination, I made a decision – we were going to tackle the South India Coastal Triangle Tour in January 2024, come what may. It was a bold move, planning a trip of such magnitude with three months' notice, requiring everyone to carve out 5 precious days from their busy lives. Who would be crazy enough to sign up for this adventure? Yet, to my utter amazement, as soon as the ride was announced, 25 of our group members jumped on board without a second thought. Their enthusiasm left me both humbled and exhilarated, and it wasn't until the week before the ride that it truly sank in – this was really happening.

Preparing for the Journey:

With the commitment from my friends, the real work began – ensuring both myself and my trusty steed were ready for the road ahead. From poring over maps to checking and rechecking our route, from fine-tuning our bikes to stocking up on essentials, the days leading up to the journey were a whirlwind of anticipation and excitement. Each passing moment brought us closer to the adventure of a lifetime, and I couldn't wait to hit the road with my fellow riders by my side.

The Bike:

FURY got a fresh set of tyres in the form of TVS EUROGRIP PROTORQ XTREME. A full service including oil change and filters, I wanted to keep it simple. I knew she didn’t need much TLC, and she had never let me down so far, this ride wasn’t going to be any different.

The Rider:

I geared up with the following upgrades:
- SOLACE Riding Jacket: [Link](https://solacegears.com/product/ramble-jacket-neon/)
- SOLACE Riding Pant: [Link](https://solacegears.com/product/coolpro-v2-0-mesh-pant/)
- MT Helmet: [Link](https://powersports.in/products/mt-t...00752347&_ss=r)
- Carbonado Thigh Bag: [Link](https://thecarbonado.com/collections...urtle-legpouch)
- A few dry fit T-shirts from Technosports

The Group:

- 18 RR310s
- 2 HIMALAYAN 450s
- 1 TRIUMPH SCRAMBLER 900
- 1 YEZDI SCRAMBLER
- 1 HONDA CBR 250R
- 1 YAMAHA R15
- 1 HIMALAYAN 411
- 25 RIDERS AND BIKES IN TOTAL

The Sketch:

SOUTH INDIA COASTAL TRIANGLE TOUR
JAN 25 – 29, 2024
2300+ KMS
- Day 1: Bangalore to Kannur via Charmady Ghat and Mangalore.
- Day 2: Kannur to Thiruvananthapuram via Kozhikode, Kochi, and Kollam.
- Day 3: Thiruvananthapuram to Rameshwaram via Kanyakumari, Tiruchendur, and Thoothukudi.
- Day 4: Sunrise at Dhanushkodi - Rameshwaram to Pondicherry via Nagapattinam, and Cuddalore.
- Day 5: Pondicherry to Bangalore via Chennai, Ambur, and Krishnagiri.

The Stays:

- Kannur: HOTEL LUXE INN [Map](https://maps.app.goo.gl/TTyaXSgxhNRgeULD6)
- Trivandrum: HARITHAM RESIDENCY [Map](https://maps.app.goo.gl/nuVQSn1kAd9FLjUB7)
- Rameshwaram: HOTEL KNP NEST [Map](https://maps.app.goo.gl/vNzi1vzjYuZ9ARhm9)
- Pondicherry: VEERAS RESIDENCY [Map](https://maps.app.goo.gl/cVkAy1xsrhi8ZhtH6)

Fresh from the factory, these tyres were 2023 manufactured, felt solid and plush

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-20231011_153958.jpg

Installation & Alignment @ Madhus

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-img_3283.jpg

Helmets, Helmets, and more Helmets

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-20231014_143046.jpg

I was fed up with the paint chipping off from the master cylinder, hence, rubbed it off completely

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-20240117_212224.jpg

Custom Tees for the ride

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-20240124_173500.jpg

Day 1 Route Map: Bangalore to Kannur via Charmady Ghat and Mangalore.

A fresh start to the ride, we decided to start early by 4 AM to take the ride slow and easy on Day 1. All of us met up at the Nelamangala Junction. After a brief wait for everyone to show up, we started our ride at 5:30 AM. I did not pack any thermal or rain liners considering we’ll be hitting the hot and humid coastlines of Kerala and Tamil Nadu. Bangalore gave us a chilly send-off that day; it was awfully cold, helmets fogged up, and our mesh jackets got to work. Air passed through every small hole in the jacket. It was as if our Solace Riding Jackets had been engineered by none other than Adrian Newey himself, maximizing airflow. Our last group ride was in July before we went into hibernation to save up for SICTT; maybe we were just out of touch with the weather. Our breakfast stop was Anagha Restaurant, Channarayanapatna; it couldn’t come any sooner.

All of these had to go on the bike, I started packing only on the previous night of the ride

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-20240124_192505.jpg

The full line-up trying to fit into one frame at Anagha Restaurant

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-img_3547.jpg

The all-exclusive RR310s

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-img_3559.jpg

FURY standing out amongst the crowd

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-img_3544.jpg

The entire gang

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-img_3576.jpg

We were just showing off at this point

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-dscf2986.jpg

The rest of the ride was uneventful and straightforward. We split into multiple small groups in Mangalore; ice cream enthusiasts visited Bonda Factory and Pabba’s, seafood enthusiasts visited the famed Machali restaurant for a feast, and the new Himalayan 450s headed for their 1st service. What coordination right? We didn't wait for each other and carried on in our own smaller groups towards Kannur. This was my first time exploring this part of Kerala, especially the coastline. Passing through Kasargod, I was a bit confused because it felt like I was in Kerala but the architecture and the people made it seem like I was in an Arab country. The mosques looked stunning, and the whole atmosphere was different. I was left speechless every time I crossed such small towns; North Coastal Kerala was a real surprise.

A quick breather at Charmady Ghat

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-img_3578.jpg

These were mind-blowingly delicious at the Bonda Factory, Adyar

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-img_3582.jpg

At the iconic Pabba's, Bharat Mall

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-20240125_161307.jpg

I reached our stay Luxe Inn, at around 8:30 PM, and the rest followed, didn’t head out anywhere, ordered food, and hit the sack. Tomorrow was shaping up to be a long day, a true test of our stamina and endurance on the road.

DAY 1 RIDE STATS

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-strava-stats.png
Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-strava-2.png
FURY_44 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 14th February 2024, 12:14   #127
BHPian

Day 2 Route Map: Kannur to Thiruvananthapuram via Kozhikode, Kochi, and Kollam.

We knew what we were in for—a 470 km journey with Google Maps estimating a 13-hour ride without breaks. Much was discussed and anticipated for today’s ride. It was new territory for all of us; even our friend from Thalaserry, who joined us, hadn't traversed beyond Kochi. No one knew how the real road conditions were, and we took a gamble. One of my colleagues, a native of Kerala, when asked about the road conditions, simply mentioned, "Bro, the highway is under construction," little did we know.
A planned start at 5 AM got delayed—hey, that’s group rides for you. We split into batches based on those comfortable with each other’s pace. The first group, including me, departed Kannur at 6:15 AM, a full hour later than planned. We hooked up with our friend from Thalassery on the way, who just said, “You have started very late for Kerala,” well, that was a good pep talk. Kerala’s fuel prices were sky-high; I think they are still in the Covid era, as they haven’t revised prices since then, a whopping 112 Rupees!! Well, we were lucky with one full tank. Enter Mahe, Union Territory of Puducherry, where petrol prices were a more reasonable 95 Rs per liter. I’ve never been happier filling up to the brim.

But first chaya at Thalassery

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-20240126_070303.jpg

A classic shot? at our breakfast spot

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-img_3608.jpg

After Kozhikode or even before that, the roads went south pretty fast, and our speeds dipped too. I, for one, did not care if there were a thousand AI cameras on this stretch, working or not. Frankly, with the condition of the roads, it’s illegal to have a speed cam setup. When there was a clean patch of road ahead, we upped our pace accordingly. We had a target of reaching Trivandrum by 9 or 10 PM at max. We reached Kochi at around 2:30 PM, Vytilla Junction; we had a quick lunch break in one of the numerous restaurants lined up on both sides of the road. Vytilla Junction and the Road gave me pure Bangalore ORR vibes. We had covered a good number of km to reach Kochi at 2:30 PM. Our pace was such that one of the RRs' rear brakes had a heat stroke; it simply overheated and lacked bite. Thankfully, our lunch break, just in time, helped cool the brake before we were back on the saddle.

After lunch, we were fully in the zone, don’t know if it was the Kerala meals or just pure ride adrenaline. The private buses, KSRTCs, the autos, the cars, the numerous black THARs, and the two-wheelers who want to show off by cutting in front of us—we tackled them left, right, and center. Nothing, absolutely nothing, stopped us that day. Pure pace and form at its finest.

The Triumph even had time for a quick water wash enroute

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-img_8196.jpg

We had no other option but to refuel at Alleppey at an eye-watering 112 Rs per liter. Those who have been to Alleppey might know about the bridge from where one could get a view of the beach. We did not have any time to visit tourist hotspots en route on the ride, but we did have a good view of Alleppey Beach, thanks to that bridge. Our breaks were short and out of necessity—water and loo breaks, combined, in short durations. We did not waste any time at all. All of our sacrifices gave us benefits in reaps—enter Trivandrum’s own version of the Electronic City-style flyover. The finest piece of tarmac for the day, Lulu Mall on the right, the biggest I have seen in the country; it was like Disneyland for us, after what we’d been through the day. Ride time of 11 HRS 33 MINS, beating Google’s estimate by a full 1:30 HRS? I just couldn't believe it. For dinner, we treated ourselves to the most delicious Shawarma I’ve ever had; Kerala’s non-veg scene at its peaks. The rest of the group followed, some as late as 2 AM the next day. Everyone had their fair share of incidents that day; the Triumph's battery died, and they spent a lot of time on the road to find a new one.

A few who were yet to sleep headed to visit the Padmanaba Swamy Temple for the early morning darshan at 3:45 AM and returned at around 5:30 AM to hit the sack. At the same time, I woke up and was prepping for departure towards Rameshwaram; such was the time difference between all the groups.

DAY 2 RIDE STATS

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-sr.png
Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-se.png
FURY_44 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 14th February 2024, 12:32   #128
BHPian

Day 3 Route Map: Thiruvananthapuram to Rameshwaram via Kanyakumari, Tiruchendur, and Thoothukudi.

A relatively easy day today, covering around 400kms with Google estimating 9 hours. We left Trivandrum at daybreak around 6:30 AM, feeling no pressure whatsoever, since we were entering TN, and the roads comparatively should be better than KL. We wanted to bypass Nagercoil to avoid the early morning traffic and took a right from Thuckalay, traversing the beautifully laid State Highways of TN. It turned out to be a good decision; there was no traffic at all on the road, and we had a blissful journey until Kanyakumari with scenic views of the ocean.

A quick detour to Kovalam Beach, which was just 1.5kms from the highway

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-20240127_064338.jpg

Got my FURY's 6th Year Anniversary Shot @ KL - TN Border

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-20240205_085923.jpg

Couldn't believe my eyes, the beauty of Kumari district

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-20240127_084116.jpg

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-20240127_084121.jpg

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-20240127_084524.jpg

We had a quick breakfast near the beach and started towards Tiruchendur. We went near the temple to check if there was an option to park our bikes close to the temple, but there was none. We decided to turn back and head towards Thoothukudi for lunch. TN started to show its heat; it was comparatively hotter than KL. The roads were fair until Thoothukudi; it was all pothole-ridden. We had lunch a little after Thoothukudi, a small fuel break, and it was non-stop to Rameshwaram after that.

A few shots of the group from Kanyakumari

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-img_3648-1.jpg

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-img_3686.jpg

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-dscf3004.jpg

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-img_3757.jpg

YOLO?

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-img_8342.jpg

By 4:30 PM, we were on the Pamban Bridge; a few quick photos before the heat hit us, and we decided to check into the hotel and return back for sunset. A quick impromptu decision to visit the Sri Arulmigu Ramanathaswamy Temple saw us jumping into a share auto for the last darshan of the day. Post-darshan, we had dinner and returned to our hotel.

Sunset from the Pamban Bridge

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-20240127_183142.jpg

Inside the Arulmigu Ramansathaswmay Temple, Rameshwaram

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-20240127_203503.jpg

DAY 3 RIDE STATS

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-se.png
Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-sr.png
FURY_44 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 14th February 2024, 12:50   #129
BHPian

Darshan scenes at 3:45 AM from Sree Padmanabhaswamy Temple, Trivandrum

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-img_3615.jpg

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-img_8238.jpg

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-img_8252.jpg

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-img_8254.jpg

Day 4 Route Map: Sunrise at Dhanushkodi - Rameshwaram to Pondicherry via Nagapattinam and Cuddalore.

A Dhanushkodi ride for the Sunrise early morning. The Dhanushkodi entry opens only after 5:30 AM, giving you enough time to reach Arichal Munai before 6:00 AM, just before sunrise. The clouds played spoiled sport and we did not see a proper sunrise, but we clicked some beautiful pictures at Dhanushkodi; photos hit differently at that location though. We returned quickly to the hotel, all packed and checked out, had breakfast on the way out, and we were on our way to Pondicherry.

A few clicks from Dhanushkodi

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-20240128_060055.jpg

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-img_3787.jpg

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-img_3851.jpg

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-20240128_072940.jpg

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-img_3895.jpg

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-img_3906.jpg

It was the most boring day of the ride of the entire trip, at least for me, until we reached Nagapattinam. One of my friends who was from Nagapattinam had initially planned lunch for us at his home, but we decided against it since we were in multiple small groups and it would mean a loss of time for us and an inconvenience to his family. I think a VIP was visiting the Church at Velankanni; we had Police on the roads for security for kilometers together, and some were rather tired standing in the hot sun all day, waiting for that VIP to pass. I don’t understand when this elitist mindset will change; there were woman cops too standing in the peak afternoon heat profusely sweating and uncomfortable; what a pity.

Basilica of Our Lady of Good Health, Velankani

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-20240127_154657.jpg

A quick cheap fuel break at Karaikal at 96 Rs per liter later, the roads seemingly turned ugly. My Nagapattinam friend had warned us, but I did not expect the roads to be this bad. Under construction flyovers, diversions to non-existing service roads, diversions to towns, you call it, and the roads had it. A big round of applause to the KL government; was a lesson shown to the other states on how to maintain the under-construction roads. Not once did we encounter a muddy diversion anywhere between Kannur – Trivandrum; the 450 km stretch had tarred service roads, with warning signs placed everywhere, which helped us a lot. Coming back to the rant of our Karaikal – Pondicherry stretch, it was muddy, dust all over, and even had some motocross tracks. We did not stop anywhere in that stretch and reached the Pondicherry entrance by 6:30 PM and our hotel by 7 PM. A quick stroll for dinner, desserts, and the beach, and we were done with our day.

DAY 4 RIDE STATS

FURY_44 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 14th February 2024, 13:15   #130
BHPian

Day 5 Route Map: Pondicherry to Bangalore via Chennai, Ranipet and Chittoor.

Thanks to the Republic Day weekend, a VIP was staying on the beach road. The beach was inaccessible to the public until 9 AM. What’s the point? We woke up at 5 AM to catch the sunrise, and we were disappointed. We returned back and planned to visit the Arulmigu Manakula Vinayagar Devasthanam since it was also SankashtI Chaturthi, a good day to visit the deity. Ahh, guess the VIP culture poured into the temple as well; Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan, the Governor of Telangana, was ahead of us and was offered the first darshan. A good hour later, we had our darshan, and piping hot Pongal was served as Prasadam; well, that worked out well.

We had a leisurely departure from Pondicherry at around 11 AM; we knew our roads from then onwards and took it a little easy. The ECR was very peaceful all the way, due to it being a Monday; we were at Marina by 2:30 PM. A few photos clicked at Napier Bridge, and we had our lunch at TTDC Drive-In Restaurant just ahead of the bridge; surprisingly well-maintained and tasty food.

At the infamous Napier Bridge

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-img_4039.jpg

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-img_8373.jpg

Chennai showed us the heat until Poonamallee; we were lucky. Sriperumbudur was rather peaceful, thanks to the three-lane roads being completed, and the HYUNDAI factory buses entering the city rather than the factory, which resulted in our road toward Bangalore being rather empty. Since I am based in North Bangalore, I decided to take the right at Ranipet towards Chittoor. One last fuel break at Jupiter Agencies, Ranipet, and we cruised all along until Hoskote Toll Plaza. I reached home at 9:30 PM and had dinner. That was a surprise for me; according to my estimation, I would have reached no earlier than 10:00 PM. Good pace, good company, good decision, and good roads improved our ride time.

The final push

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-img_8400.jpg
Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-img_8401.jpg

A few closing pictures from everyone

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-20240129_142433.jpg

Dr. Ranga, a very close friend of ours waited for all of us to join for dinner at his home in Ambur, only a few could make it

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-20240130_023042.jpg

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-img_2206.jpg

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-img_2129.jpg

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-img_2105.jpg

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-img_2076.jpg

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-img_2062.jpg

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-img_2040.jpg

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-img_2042.jpg

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-img_1981.jpg

Closing Thoughts:

From the excitement of discovering new places to the fun we had together as a group, every part of this trip was special. Despite the long rides and the challenges, we faced, the memories we made will always be special.

We rode through Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, and Pondicherry, seeing so many beautiful sights along the way. Each day brought its own adventures – from vehicle breakdowns, dehydration, and navigating bad roads to enjoying the calm of the coastline, every moment was unique.

The South India Coastal Triangle Tour might be over, but the experiences we shared will always be a part of me. A big thank you to all of my friends who were a part of this ride. I am sure each one of you will have moments to cherish for a lifetime.

FINAL ODO

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-20240129_211806-1.jpg

DAY 5 RIDE STATS

FURY_44 is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 20:32   #131

This is the stuff that truly represents the ideals of riding as a community, nourishing local cultures, and surely making the best of such wonderful opportunities nurturing thousands of heart-felt memories in the long run. This post was awesome and I hope to join y'all very shortly.
Ashhsnarayann is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2024, 23:50   #132
Senior - BHPian

You certainly have made loads of memories to cherish for a long time to come! Not all group plans works. Unfortunately, for me, I cannot recall any group plans working out at all! Once in a decade I reckon if I were to be lucky. Regardless, seeing a group coming together for biking is a whole different story altogether.

I enjoyed reading through and you're putting your bike to good use

Hope to see many more from you and your Fury! Ride safe and have million more happy rides!
gururajrv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2024, 14:59   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashhsnarayann View Post
This is the stuff that truly represents the ideals of riding as a community, nourishing local cultures, and surely making the best of such wonderful opportunities nurturing thousands of heart-felt memories in the long run. This post was awesome and I hope to join y'all very shortly.
Thanks a lot for your kind words, Asshsnarayann. I look forward to you join our rides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
I enjoyed reading through and you're putting your bike to good use

Hope to see many more from you and your Fury! Ride safe and have million more happy rides!
Thank you very much, gururajrv. FURY sees highways only, all 43k kms of 'em.
FURY_44 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2024, 11:12   #134
BHPian

FURY TURNS SIX

Over the past six years of owning the first lot RR310, it has truly been a "fill it, shut it, ride it" experience. The bike has held up remarkably well, with all the plastic parts remaining intact and no signs of squeaks, rattles, or broken pieces. The quality is exceptional. Despite some paint chipping from the front master cylinder, the rest of the paint on the bike has held up excellently without any shade of colour or chipping elsewhere.

The bike may have a few cons, but once I hit the highway, it's all too perfect for me. I don't see a reason to upgrade, except perhaps for the limited luggage carrying capacity. The tail can only carry one baggage, so maybe I should invest in a bigger bag, like the Viaterra Claw. Well, there is another reason not to upgrade!

Data for the RR310 owners to munch on

Name:  Screenshot 2.png
Views: 227
Size:  42.9 KB

Name:  Yearly Usage.png
Views: 222
Size:  17.5 KB

Name:  Yearly Fuel Costs.png
Views: 227
Size:  17.9 KB

Name:  Yearly Service Cost.png
Views: 229
Size:  16.8 KB

Name:  Expenses.png
Views: 221
Size:  18.6 KB

Name:  Overall Service Expenses Accessories Insurance  KMS covered between FEB 2018   FEB 2024.png
Views: 217
Size:  35.1 KB

To 6 Years

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-20240217_233015.jpg

Last edited by navin : 27th February 2024 at 11:24. Reason: typos
FURY_44 is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 28th February 2024, 12:24   #135

How did you got the wheel balancing done ?
I have a Honda CB300R and I'll be replacing my front rim soon as it got bend, should I go for wheel balancing?
geekyankurr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks