Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2019, 15:34   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Reviving the legend - My Yamaha RX100

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post
Just visited them, but they're out of stock even on the line-stickers. Any other leads that I could try locally before ordering from shopclues?
Online shopping is convenient and gives you peace of mind. I suggest you order it online.

Pramod
Old 14th April 2019, 11:35   #17
BHPian

Amidst the routine visits to in-laws' houses post wedding, came to know that my wife's uncle happens to own a '93 model RX 100. The colour and graphics is stock and seems to be really rare as I haven't seen one like this yet.

Reviving the legend - My Yamaha RX100-imageuploadedbyteambhp1555221730.200044.jpg

The engine has been overhauled once and he claims that under sedate driving it returns 51 kmpl 😱. The fuel tank has a leak and hence the stain on the side. Apart from that, the machine is a reliable workhorse he says.
Old 15th April 2019, 15:00   #18
BHPian

for graphics you can contact Vinayaka on the right side from Vanross Junction to Housing board junction. They can get the stickers cut in the way you want
jayakrishnan_v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2019, 15:28   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayakrishnan_v View Post
for graphics you can contact Vinayaka on the right side from Vanross Junction to Housing board junction. They can get the stickers cut in the way you want
I've placed an order for the sticker set at Shopclues. If things don't go well that way, will surely visit them mate
RiGOD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2019, 18:30   #20
BHPian

Just received the sticker set from shopclues. If you look at the edges closely it can be seen that the two pieces ain't perfectly identical. Don't think it's nowhere near to 'Genuine' as claimed by the seller. Still, planning to use the same while I repaint the tank.

Reviving the legend - My Yamaha RX100-img_4187.jpg

Next job is to find the exact factory colour that used to be painted on these last lot of RX 100's. Seeking help from all RX gurus here with regard to the same

Meanwhile, a few observations after the first service:

* Even with a bit of spirited riding, she now returned ~34 kmpl
* The jerking issue at slow speeds is completely gone now. The mechanic said that the tank cap air inlet was blocked, which was the main culprit.

Last edited by RiGOD : 24th April 2019 at 18:33.
Old 30th April 2019, 18:55   #21
BHPian

Got the seat redone. The foam had disintegrated completely at the rider portion and hence only the base was taken from the original seat. The job was done very neatly. Opted for the RX 135 model foam and cover. Special thanks to Pramod for the reference.

Reviving the legend - My Yamaha RX100-01.jpeg

Reviving the legend - My Yamaha RX100-02.jpeg

Reviving the legend - My Yamaha RX100-03.jpeg
RiGOD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2019, 23:24   #22
BHPian

Attempted the "popular" headlight upgrade for my ride yesterday. A brief summary of how it turned out.

Lumax reflector for DCM Toyota (w/o park light) - Rs.135
Bosch HS1 12V 30/35W bulb - Rs.85
H4 headlamp holder - Rs. 65

Reviving the legend - My Yamaha RX100-01.jpeg

The stock bulb that I had on my ride.

Reviving the legend - My Yamaha RX100-02.jpeg

Taking a look at the old and the new holder side by side, it was pretty much straight forward to cut and join the new holder to the stock lead.

Reviving the legend - My Yamaha RX100-03.jpeg

Slipping the new reflector to the stock ring was a little tricky, but still got it done. There was a bit of play that was arrested by some cardboard packing . The new and stock reflector side by side.

Reviving the legend - My Yamaha RX100-04.jpeg

While putting the assembly back to the stock doom, realised that I was doomed!. The holder was hitting the rear end of the doom and I couldn't manage to get the thing closed, let alone put the screws in. Cutting the doom would've solved the issue, but I wasn't ready to do that yet. The extra height of the new holder was the culprit.

Reviving the legend - My Yamaha RX100-05.jpeg

The next day, bought the headlamp holder for Royal Enfield (Rs.30), which has just the connectors insulated and there was literally no "holder". Prepared the assembly and voila! Everything was just so snug fit that I didn't have to put any extra pressure.

Reviving the legend - My Yamaha RX100-06.jpeg

Reviving the legend - My Yamaha RX100-07.jpeg

And about the output, didn't really feel much difference for the low-beam, but the throw and intensity of the high beam is commendable

PS : Special thanks to Pramod for his advice and help, and Mr.Boss for his well written guide on how to do this DIY.
RiGOD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 00:21   #23
BANNED

I'm using a Lumax MFR for the HH Ambition/Dawn on my CT100B, the connector I used was from Hero itself as it sits flat unlike the Car connector you've got, plus it inspires more confidence than the RE connectors.

If headlight output is an issue then buy the Osram Rallye 45/40 HS1, I've been using it for a while now and the output is just crazy bright, so much that it comes close to the 80W Phillips installed in my P220.

All the spares I'm using were procured from Prince, Karamana, with the exception of the bulb which is only available on Amazon.

BTW, from where did you buy the DCM dome? And what material is the reflector?

Cheers,
A.P.
ashwinprakas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 07:54   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post

If headlight output is an issue then buy the Osram Rallye 45/40 HS1.
Thank you for stopping by Ashwin. Will definitely try out the connector and bulb you suggested.

Quote:
BTW, from where did you buy the DCM dome? And what material is the reflector?
The DCM/Eicher/Mazda reflectors are available at VM Automobiles (Power House Road, Trivandrum). They do have a good collection of commercial vehicle reflectors and lighting accessories. And I don't have much idea about the reflector material mate
Old 3rd May 2019, 13:38   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post
Slipping the new reflector to the stock ring was a little tricky, but still got it done. There was a bit of play that was arrested by some cardboard packing.
I used a rubber beading for better fit
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2019, 07:36   #26
BHPian

Good luck with your build project @RiGOD.
Chris_Xtreme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2019, 09:04   #27
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your RX 100. I too had one of the last RX100's with the 12V electricals and tank graphics like you posted. Mine was black. I got mine restored and painted Blue (one of the original shades. I was available in Blue, Red and Silver. Black came later) and dual pin striping on the tank.
I see you are planning a RD handlebar and tail lamp. My suggestion is not to do it. Restore your bike to absolute stock. It will have more admirers and will grow in value too (should you decide to sell it later).
The RX125 (not sold in India) came with the same 3 striped sticker on the tank. It also came with the RXZ instrument console, headlight (without fairing) and indicators.
pedrolourenco is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2019, 21:47   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Xtreme View Post
Good luck with your build project @RiGOD.
Thanks a lot Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Congrats on your RX 100. I too had one of the last RX100's with the 12V electricals and tank graphics like you posted. Mine was black. I got mine restored and painted Blue (one of the original shades. I was available in Blue, Red and Silver. Black came later) and dual pin striping on the tank.
Oh that's great news mate! Would love to see some pictures of your ride. Please do share them once you get the chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
I see you are planning a RD handlebar and tail lamp. My suggestion is not to do it. Restore your bike to absolute stock. It will have more admirers and will grow in value too (should you decide to sell it later).
The RX125 (not sold in India) came with the same 3 striped sticker on the tank. It also came with the RXZ instrument console, headlight (without fairing) and indicators.
Even if I attempt some cosmetic mods, will eventually come back to the bone stock setup as I love the RX 100 that way. And about the resale, there's no way I'm selling it off mate. This is a dream come true for me and lot of emotional attachment towards the ride for both me and my wife

And thanks a lot for the RX 125 info. Was not aware of the model.
Old 6th May 2019, 10:24   #29
Senior - BHPian

IMHO RD handle not only looks great also makes the bike handle well. The short handle was mainly for the agility in traffic.

Regarding selling the bike The RD handle actually adds value to the bike.

Pramod
pramodkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2019, 10:15   #30
BHPian

A query to 2-stroke Gurus

Tried a RX 135 silencer core (with two inner caps) on my RX 100 yesterday. The exhaust note was not so appealing but I felt like the same was giving better acceleration that too with a sudden surge. The silencer core that I earlier had was RX 100 stock (with no caps inside). Have anyone of you experimented with the same? Ever noticed any variation in pickup?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks