Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2019, 18:32   #1
Senior - BHPian

Okinawa i-Praise e-scooter launched at Rs. 1.15 lakh

Okinawa Scooters has launched its i-Praise electric scooter priced at Rs. 1.15 lakh (ex-showroom). The company claims to have received 450 bookings in the pre-launch phase.

Okinawa i-Praise e-scooter launched at Rs. 1.15 lakh-okinawa-ipraise_4.png

The Okinawa i-Praise measures 1,970 mm in length, 745 mm in width and 1,150 mm in height. It has a ground clearance of 175 mm and underseat storage capacity of 7 litres. It features a V-shaped LED headlamp cluster mounted on the front fairing. The e-scooter rides on telescopic fork suspension at the front and twin shock absorbers at the rear and comes with aluminium alloy wheels.

Okinawa i-Praise e-scooter launched at Rs. 1.15 lakh-okinawa-ipraise_3.png

Powering the i-Praise is an electric motor with a rated power of 1,000 Watt and peak power of 2,500 Watt. The motor is paired with a 2.9 kWh lithium-ion battery that offers a claimed range of 160-180 km on a single charge. The battery pack in this scooter is detachable and can be recharged in 2-3 hours.

Okinawa i-Praise e-scooter launched at Rs. 1.15 lakh-okinawa-ipraise_2.png

The i-Praise comes with the Okinawa Eco app. The Android app has features like Geo-fencing, virtual speed limit, curfew hours, battery health tracker and overall vehicle status, SOS notifications, driving behaviour monitoring system, trip data logger, navigation as well as a maintenance and insurance reminder.

Okinawa i-Praise e-scooter launched at Rs. 1.15 lakh-okinawa-ipraise_1.png

The Okinawa i-Praise is available in three colour options - glossy red black, glossy golden black and glossy silver black.

Okinawa i-Praise e-scooter launched at Rs. 1.15 lakh-okinawa-ipraise_6.png

Okinawa i-Praise e-scooter launched at Rs. 1.15 lakh-okinawa-ipraise_5.png

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 10:16   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Okinawa i-Praise e-scooter launched at Rs. 1.15 lakh

Isn't the price really high for what they are offering? I can understand that this scoot offers a very good range (180-200 km on a single charge) but I fail to see anything else (distinguishing features) other than this.

Personally, I feel this is overpriced.

--Anoop
Old 25th January 2019, 10:32   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Isn't the price really high for what they are offering?
Could be due to the battery pack?

They claim to have a 2.9 KWh Li-ion battery pack compared to 2.4 KWh on the Ather 450, and 1.9 KWh on the Ather 430.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 18:57   #4
BHPian

Sounds interesting because of detachable battery and claimed range. Feels overpriced still worth checking out. But no dealers in Mumbai yet !!
Old 25th January 2019, 20:59   #5
BHPian

The range is really nice. The vehicle seems feature packed but the price seems a bit too much on the higher side. Okinawa scooters never did well in Odisha. It remains to be seen what'll be future of this one. The paint schemes will entice younger generation for sure.
Old 24th June 2019, 15:47   #6

I am looking to buy an electric scooter in Mumbai.
Wanted to understand if the i-Praise is a good buy overall? If not, what other options are worth exploring?
Any inputs will be deeply appreciated guys!
Old 24th June 2019, 17:18   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
They claim to have a 2.9 KWh Li-ion battery pack compared to 2.4 KWh on the Ather 450, and 1.9 KWh on the Ather 430.
Ather 430? When did this happen? I thought there was only Ather 450 & 340 isn't it?
Old 24th June 2019, 18:23   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Isn't the price really high for what they are offering? I can understand that this scoot offers a very good range (180-200 km on a single charge) but I fail to see anything else (distinguishing features) other than this.

Personally, I feel this is overpriced.

--Anoop
The top speed is 65kmph.

Also, it's got turbo mode that can provide extra boost for 20sec that helps accelerate quickly when needed and/or if you are already at 65kmph, you can hit 75kmph for a few seconds. Note: All this is hearsay. From the dealer and youtube video reviews.

But nice. Really nice. 160km range, 65kmph top speed is super awesome. The batteries are easier to remove than the ones in my Avan Xero+.

Downsides as I see:
- Price
- Absolutely no storage as the underseat storage is now occupied by the removable batteries. In my Xero+, the batteries are below the floor board.

Now I have 2 on my radar: this (Okinawa i praise) and the Revolt 400!

Hope the prices reduce after the budget.
anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks