Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2007, 12:54   #16
BHPian

Am getting my Pulsar 150 serviced at Bike Zone on Mysore Road for more than a year now, the guys did a pretty decent job the first few occasions I had been there, after which its pretty much like any other service center.

And whats with the condition that if anything happens to the bike while their mechanic is testing it they would not be responsible for the damage !!

And I get a customary call from the service center a couple of days after the service asking about my satisfaction, on being told that I was not satisfied she told me "okay, thank you" and hung up.
Old 22nd April 2007, 20:40   #17
BHPian

I have got a scooty serviced at castrol bike zone with pathetic results.They didnt have the required spare parts
Old 23rd April 2007, 09:17   #18
BHPian

I got my bike serviced at bike zone, i was really not satisfied at all, i felt the bajaj service center was much better at least they do some thing if you go again and again, but here pathetic it was and the charge was also high
Old 23rd April 2007, 09:39   #19
BHPian

That is sad to see to so many of you..having a bad experience...... I noticed that ones near HOSUR Road or at Mysore Road..have similar opinions... but the one near FORUM seem to be good... I have had 4 guys give their bikes for service.. and they have reported the same!!! Although they are not from the FORUM...

You can ask the guys not to test drive...and merely work on the servicing piece only.... I would recommend that you spend you time with the bike when they are doing the servicing.. that is why these service centres were unique..where they let the person..watch..what you are doing with the bike.....

My preference would be to sit with them and see what they are doing and why?
If they say that a spare part needs to be changed, I would ask for adequate reasoning and examine the spare part
Old 23rd April 2007, 12:47   #20
Senior - BHPian

Any experience with Castrol Bike Zone in Pune?

Has anyone used the castrol bikezone center at Kothrud, Pune? I was planning to give my Pulsar 180 there.
Old 23rd April 2007, 14:42   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Has anyone used the castrol bikezone center at Kothrud, Pune? I was planning to give my Pulsar 180 there.
I have and I will recommend you to give them a try. They are well equipped and disciplined for handling bikes.
Old 25th April 2007, 09:53   #22
BHPian

Dear Mods,
There was a thread on Castrol Bike Zones a few months back and the feedback was the same that time too-that they suck.
In addition, the glowing initial post,, with neatly detailed bullet points and sub-heading, smacks too much of a prepared pitch (at least to me).
A similiar case in point would be the terrific write up on the Pulsar 220 test.
Just something to ponder on, for all of us.
Old 25th April 2007, 17:47   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh sarkar View Post
You guys do realize that in case some thing happens to your bike and you were getting it service at Castrol Bike Zone and not at the authorized service center, you will not be eligible for any warranty claim.
As it is, many of us are not happy with the authorized service stations. Castrol bike zone is a boon for people like these.
Old 25th April 2007, 17:55   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post
As it is, many of us are not happy with the authorized service stations. Castrol bike zone is a boon for people like these.
True, but many are even more satisfied with the local mechanics they normally take their bikes too. And let’s face it; Bike Zone isn’t too different than those mechanic run garages, apart from the fact that it has the backing of Castrol.
Old 25th April 2007, 18:02   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh sarkar View Post
True, but many are even more satisfied with the local mechanics they normally take their bikes too. And let’s face it; Bike Zone isn’t too different than those mechanic run garages, apart from the fact that it has the backing of Castrol.
yep many are, many arent.
The bike zone i go to gets quite a number of bikes. seeing its success, i wrote my last post.
My friend, the bike zone is a lot different from the mechanic run garages. the bike zone mechanics are trained first, they use machines, power tools etc. And ofcourse, i get the piece of mind of getting genuine parts/oils at the zone.
My last service costed me 450bucks, for a power one oil change (costs around 230), full-blown bike serivce, wax/polish, oil filter change, a bulb change, chain cleaning in the automatic machine etc.

But there is one point i see. Wonder if castrol bike zones will be geared to handle the new crop of FI bikes in India
Old 25th April 2007, 18:17   #26
BHPian

If you get your bike serviced properly than I guess it’s a good choice for you, as for machines etc. well not much is needed for our bikes that can’t be done by hand tools.

I normally get my bike serviced from the outside, since my bike is out of warranty. The mechanic I go to only has hand tools to work with, yet he does a better job than most do with the “machines” and that’s all that matters. After all what good is a pressure tool or a bike lift if they don’t know how to set airfuel mixture properly or to diagnose the problem.

As for any one going to Castrol Bike Zone, just remember that it is not authorized by your bike manufacturer and in case of a serious mechanical failure. You would not be able to claim the warranty if your service chart shows that you haven’t been getting your bike serviced from authorized service center. This also includes paid services while the bike is in warranty.

What I would like is for Castrol to get in touch with the manufacturers and get their service centers certified by them, so as not to cause any inconvenience to a customer.
Old 25th April 2007, 19:14   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicki_Rau View Post
Dear Mods,
In addition, the glowing initial post,, with neatly detailed bullet points and sub-heading, smacks too much of a prepared pitch (at least to me).
I did nt get your point?
Are you intending that the first post prepared was a marketing pitch
Old 26th April 2007, 14:45   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raajks View Post
I did nt get your point?
Are you intending that the first post prepared was a marketing pitch
It seemed like that to me, but if I have offended you, my apologies.
Old 27th April 2007, 02:14   #29

In my view, CBZ are a heaven for delhi avenger owners, reason being only 3-4 bajaj service centres (probiking), nearest to me being 12 km away. Also, since they know dat u cant go anywhere else and always have the demand in terms of number of owners, they never-ever do a gud job.
Dis is my own experience coz i've given my bike to 2 diff service stations with specifically stating the repairs n these morons don even look over the jobsheet unless u thrash dem wid fowl language.
Old 3rd March 2009, 11:56   #30
Senior - BHPian

Castrol Bike zone AUDOGODI BANGALORE

hey guys, i would like to recommend castrol bike zone bangalore near audogodi, for all two wheeler repair/servicing.

Went with a friend to get his unicorn serviced .
They are very professional, and did an excellent job ,the bike is doing very well since the service.
All the problems were resolved , at once .

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Last edited by ms001 : 3rd March 2009 at 11:59.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks