Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2007, 15:08   #1
BHPian

Castrol Bike zone - Amazing service centre

I had jus given my Pulsar 180 (Black engine & Alloy) for service to Castrol Bike zone at Audugodi at Bangalore.

After exhauting my 3 free service with Khivraj. I decided to change my service centre.

Reasons for change:
-> At Khivraj, only basic work on the bike was done.
-> Engine oil change, general cleaning and general checking.
-> Handling of the bike by the mechanics was never up to the mark
-> I found a dent in my bike's fuel tank after the 3rd service
-> The engine always felt rough (Even though in reality the engine was good)
-> Pickup of the bike was dropping steadily.
-> Bike would cry, by the time it reached 100 KM/Hr

Observations at Castrol Bike zone
-> A place where only 10 - 15 bikes are accepted
-> If you have to get your bike serviced, you would have to book a slot
-> Once your slot is booked, the supervisor follows up with you and ensures that the bike is dropped at the specified time. Else, the slot is moved and next available person is given the slot
-> Found the people over there very courteous and friendly. (Remember, I am not from Bangalore)
-> First the bike is examined by the mechanic who would be designated for the bike.
-> After his examination, you inputs are recorded carefully by the supervisor. Line by line

End Result:
For no extra cost, I got extra care and attention.
The bike was serviced extremely well and the deadlines were met
Every point given was checked in the service file and its respective area was shown in the bike.
I had customized my gear lever and the brake setting.
I took the bike for a test drive. I could see a marked difference.
The bike now easily does 100 KM/HR withouth any loss on mileage.

Its been a week and I am still extremely satisfied with the driveability of the bike.

Tips:
For additional care, refer my name. (Just joking)
Old 20th January 2007, 15:59   #2
BHPian

hey do you mean that you can use your bajaj fre service coupons at castrol service centre....
also does anyone know where in mumbai is it located....
Old 20th January 2007, 16:16   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raajks View Post
I had jus given my Pulsar 180 (Black engine & Alloy) for service to Castrol Bike zone at Audugodi at Bangalore.

After exhauting my 3 free service with Khivraj. I decided to change my....
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonecase_01 View Post
hey do you mean that you can use your bajaj fre service coupons at castrol service centre.....
No, gonecase, if you read, you can see quite clearly it does not mean that.

Thanks for that raaj, I will send our bikes in blr there, from now on. Coincidentally we were looking for a good place to service them.
Old 20th January 2007, 16:28   #4
Senior - BHPian

These guys (the Castrol Zone service personnel) also wear helmets while taking test rides of your bikes! That was a first for me!
Old 20th January 2007, 16:35   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
These guys (the Castrol Zone service personnel) also wear helmets while taking test rides of your bikes! That was a first for me!
so does others here at bangy or you get fined ! Similar thread exists http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...-bikezone.html
Old 20th January 2007, 17:17   #6
BHPian

No Problem Sam, It always makes sense to spread the good word
Old 20th January 2007, 19:19   #7
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the info, raajks. will check that out very soon.
Old 21st January 2007, 06:56   #8
Senior - BHPian

hmmm bike zone sucks here. recently on some fiero, a rubber holding the fusebox (or something) broke, and instead of using a single tape to fix it, they tied the whole thing to the chassis with a wire!!!!!!

in another case, they did a bore+piston change on a pulsar, even tho the old one was good, w/o telling the customer...atleast bike zone in mysore sucks
Old 23rd January 2007, 18:03   #9

Well i emailed the guys at castrol bike zone and they said the will be opening centers in rest of india pretty soon and surat (my own )Will get 2 outlets so i am happy just waiting 4 them to show up soon

But here are some bad experiences faced by many indians so chk that out too

Castrol BikeZone - Not your usual Service Center « vinodvv aka vcube
Old 23rd January 2007, 20:03   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebz7 View Post
But here are some bad experiences faced by many indians so chk that out too
Castrol BikeZone - Not your usual Service Center « vinodvv aka vcube
I am vinodvv, yes I had bad experience with castrol bike zone. Initially it was good. 3rd service they screwed it up. I had a high esteem for these people. As many of you been commenting. As there are more and more customers add up, they don't increase the work force. It is the same strength (the team) trying to fix thing quick and being a old customer I ended in a mess.

It is old story. The Castrol MSF Manager came to my office for a patch too (to cover his *ss) that too I have mentioned in the blog.
Old 14th April 2007, 21:01   #11
BHPian

I have given my Pulsar for servicing at Castrol Bike Zone and experience was not so good..I red few very good reviews about castrol bike zone on net but they were not that good...

They have good facility and Machines to service but workmanship is OK OK...
They have messed with my bike's carb and clutch settings...
Old 15th April 2007, 10:43   #12
BHPian

me too had a bad experience wit castrol bke zone(CBZ)..
went to CBZ since it was nearest to my home and also since its open on sundays.

took my discover 125 at 9 am. they took a test ride and said it would be serviced by 5 pm.
i opted for the gold service as they were providing oil free.
there were just minor problems with the bike like chain sound,tightening the brakes,clutch.indicator light-beep mistiming.
the guy took lots of interest in listening to the problems.
i came home satisfied thinking tat my bike will be serviced really well tis time.

Went to the service center at 4pm ,hoping to take a glimpse of wat they do for the fancy service names they have mentioned in the gold service.

to my shock saw my bike still outside , untouched. after a talk with the guy at the counter, he told me tat they would do it soon and tat it takes only 30 mins to do the servicing.finally a bike bay got vacant at 5.30pm. and the bike servicing started.first thing the mechanic told me was tat sum brake stuffs has to be changed as it was worn out. (never had braking problems though)
went home and came back in 15 mins and i c tat servicng(including oil change) was done and he was doing a wax polish.. wich also was done in 5 mins....all this cost me about 500..and the invoice said tat problems if any will be attended only if brought within 3 days.(bajaj service guys wuld correct minor problems wich occurs until nxt service for free)

was completely unsatisfied.. only difference i felt was due to the air screw made really tight. got a mileage of 30 after tat service... thn adjusted the air screw to get my usual 50-55(low!! i know.. but for my kinda driving its gud enuf... generally shoot to max speed wenever i get the chance).
coming to the brakes problem. felt tat the brakes wires had been tightened .. no gud feel about any new part fitted.

and finally about the indicator light-beep mistiming : the beep stopped working after a week(na rahega baas na bajegi basuri) .
now only the indicator lights glow, wich i regularly forget to turn off after turns.

now i am considering going back to bajaj service , but since they r closed on sundays(my only rest day).. hav to explore sum roadside mechanics(i wuldn't mind if they do not wear the helmet while taking the test ride).. i thnk they wuld definitely do a better job thn the CBZ guys
Old 15th April 2007, 17:07   #13
BHPian

You guys do realize that in case some thing happens to your bike and you were getting it service at Castrol Bike Zone and not at the authorized service center, you will not be eligible for any warranty claim.

Last edited by yogesh sarkar : 15th April 2007 at 17:11.
Old 15th April 2007, 22:03   #14
Senior - BHPian

i do realise that i will lose the warranty if some thing goes wrong at the bikezone...
but is the bike zone's service as reliable all over india too? i mean in hyderabad too?
i am looking forward to get my Zma due to buy next week(second hand 2005 model), serviced there? any infos on the service stations in hyderabad, or do you suggest sticking to the hh service centers?
Old 15th April 2007, 22:33   #15
BHPian

my bike was serviced at balkampet,hyderabad wit unsatisfactory results.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks