Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2019, 19:03   #46
BANNED

Re: Ownership Review : BMW G 310 R

Sorry for hijacking the thread, have done 4200 kms on my G310 GS and done with 2nd service in September month, got few stuff added even though I am selling the bike, but whenever I ride I feel like riding the way I like my bikes to be, fully loaded.
Got Givi Tank Bag ring to use my tigers tank bag in baby gs as well along with power supply to power the 3 port USB charger sitting in the bag.
Got BMW tail box which really gels well with the bike and can carry helmet, jacket and pair of gloves if I am leaving the bike.
Attached Thumbnails
Ownership Review : BMW G 310 R-66435250_10219340287077326_6722216953223577600_n.jpg  

Ajaybiz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2019, 19:12   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
....have done 4200 kms on my G310 GS and done with 2nd service in September month, got few stuff added even though I am selling the bike....
Buddy, I always thought you crossed 10k on the ODO. We have done rides together and I wish we could do it again many times in the future, no matter what your machine is. Hope you have listed in team-bhp too
Old 21st October 2019, 19:29   #48
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Buddy, I always thought you crossed 10k on the ODO. We have done rides together and I wish we could do it again many times in the future, no matter what your machine is. Hope you have listed in team-bhp too
Actually not riding the GS, tiger takes the chance most of the time.
After 2nd service it's covered and parked peacefully.
Will ride together for sure, last week you guys could have joined us at Big Rock, Tigers were roaring there.
Old 21st October 2019, 20:27   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
..you guys could have joined us at Big Rock, Tigers were roaring there.
We are careful not to be in the Tiger territory
Ten of us went to Yelagiri, it was a pleasant group ride, around 350 kms total
Old 30th October 2019, 13:43   #50
Senior - BHPian

Happy to be part of a bigger family !!

Almost close to 700 machines in Bangalore, our family is growing and its a happy moment. Touchwood, I never had any battery issues till date. Hopefully that is sorted out with the local brand.

ODO close to 5000, 9 months of happy ownership, it's time for me to plan some Solo rides. I believe that's the only way to explore the engine and its capabilities the best way. November seems to be the right time to explore South India. Ideally a 2000 kms ride is what plays in my mind. Further updates and photos will follow soon. Keep tuned

Ownership Review : BMW G 310 R-access.png
It's a never ending list of accessories, but most needed for our roads !!
Also got a Michelin foot pump and puncture kit for longer rides !
shajufx is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2019, 17:03   #51
Senior - BHPian

Re: Happy to be part of a bigger family !!

Quote:
It's a never ending list of accessories, but most needed for our roads !!
Also got a Michelin foot pump and puncture kit for longer rides !
Hey - Could you share a quick review of the Viaterra gloves?

Also, have you used the foot pump? How does it fare in the real world? How long would it take to go from (say) 0 - 20 PSI?

TIA
Old 30th October 2019, 17:50   #52
Senior - BHPian

Re: Happy to be part of a bigger family !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Hey - Could you share a quick review of the Viaterra gloves?....Also, have you used the foot pump? How does it fare in the real world? How long would it take to go from (say) 0 - 20 PSI?
Viaterra gloves is an underestimated product not known to many riders. I bought it as one of my rider friends strongly suggested it. What you see in the pic is the Holeshot leather variant with advanced Knox scaphoid protection system which allows the palm to slide forward on a fall. It has 3M scotchlite reflectives, super grip silicon and conductive touch (for touch screens). Best part is the price, its under 3k but looks and feels above 5k.

Foot pump (Michelin 12204 Analogue Single Barrel Foot Pump on Amazon) is a very practical, easy to carry on rides, light weight item. I tested it and 28 to 33 psi was done under 3 or 4 minutes. It all depends on how we pump and the speed. Once I get used to it, things would be faster. What I heard from other users is, it fills faster from 0 to 20 than 20 to 30 !! Many friends are using it for their car tires, it's a reliable product, rated high on Amazon too
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 13:07   #53
Senior - BHPian

ODO : 5000 kms

Completing 5000 kms last weekend and I must say, its been a happy 9 months so far. Although I expected some battery or alternator issues in between, something else has come up which require some attention right now.

Low quality Cush rubber on the rear wheels. There is a kind of slippage at certain incline/turnings/speed breakers on 1st and 2nd gear. It's a part reported to be very weak on this bike, changed by many riders once at different km points. This issue happens by low quality rubber used in the cush, usually enhanced by a slack chain. Not an expensive part to worry about, but it's a concern !
Ownership Review : BMW G 310 R-5000.jpg
shajufx is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 20:37   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got BMW tail box which really gels well with the bike and can carry helmet, jacket and pair of gloves if I am leaving the bike.
Hi,

I am looking at a tail box which can accommodate jacket and gloves. Which version do you have, 29L or 30L? Can you post photo of the bike with top box?
Old 2nd July 2020, 04:05   #55
BANNED

Re: ODO : 5000 kms

Quote:
Low quality Cush rubber on the rear wheels. There is a kind of slippage at certain incline/turnings/speed breakers on 1st and 2nd gear. It's a part reported to be very weak on this bike, changed by many riders once at different km points. This issue happens by low quality rubber used in the cush, usually enhanced by a slack chain. Not an expensive part to worry about, but it's a concern !
The Cush-Drive/Damper-Clutch, are just rubber cushions/dampers as the name suggests they absorb jerks to/from the chain drive with respect to the rear wheel.

Ownership Review : BMW G 310 R-unnamed.jpg

There shouldn't be any slippage if at all it is worn out,there'd be noticeable play when you turn the rear sprocket, slight play is normal as even with a new cush-drive in place there is slight movement which is how it works, also there'd be a loud thud when shifting into 1st gear, but other than that ride-ability won't be hindered, most people do not even noticed that theirs have worn down.

So do make sure that it is really what is at fault, as logically only worn sprockets or friction plates cause slipping.

If you're a bit too harsh when it comes to disengaging the clutch, lugging or engine braking then this could wear down the cush-drive but then again nothing to be bothered about as they're changed every time you change your chain/sprocket kits i.e if you have a sensible mechanic attending to your motorcycle.

Regards,
A.P.
ashwinprakas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 18:21   #56
BANNED

Pretty later reply but hopefully not too late, here you go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Hi,
I am looking at a tail box which can accommodate jacket and gloves. Which version do you have, 29L or 30L? Can you post photo of the bike with top box?
Attached Thumbnails
Ownership Review : BMW G 310 R-img_9299.jpg  

Ownership Review : BMW G 310 R-img_9304.jpg  

Ajaybiz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2020, 13:29   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pretty later reply but hopefully not too late, here you go.
Thanks! This costs 17k officially. Looks great on the motorcycle. Good to know that 30L accommodates jacket and gloves. I thought one would require at least 40L or above for this.
Old 20th July 2020, 23:22   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Here is my number (temporary printing at home, until I find someone who can make it on the metal) :
Attachment 1853628
Congratulations on acquiring a baby from BMW motorrad stable. I am seriously considering the 310 GS and may buy it very soon, fingers crossed. BTW, what is with 369 ? Is it like you asked for it or you were lucky to get that sequence ? I ask this because my Civic wears 369 on number plate
spoth001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 15:24   #59
Senior - BHPian

Update at ODO 7500

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoth001 View Post
C...BTW, what is with 369 ? Is it like you asked for it or you were lucky to get that sequence ? I ask this because my Civic wears 369 on number plate
I didn't ask for it, it came by default.

My life with 310R mostly comes to an end with the launch of 900R which I plan to upgrade before Xmas. So far it was a complaint-free zone for me all the way. Loved every moment riding it, always looked forward to taking it out. Kept it like brand new with regular washing, chain lubing and waxing once every 6 months. As Gurus always tell : Love your engine, it will love you back

Although I have not listed it officially anywhere, passed the word through my rider group and that's it. No hurry. Whatever is the situation, depreciation will be much higher considering the new face-lift is getting launched this week. There are no major changes, except LED headlamps and cosmetic stuff.

I believe 310 is going to stay longer on Indian roads. We all assumed it may not be sold in large numbers, but it was a wrong thought. There are 1000s of 310 twins on Indian roads now, on its own positioning.

Readers who are considering 310, I would strongly recommend it to anyone. Its a go-happy bike by all means. As long as you take care of it well, it will not give you any troubles. There is a long que and waiting for services at the moment, but it may vary city to city. Further updates from me when a deal is through and I will start a new Thread on the new possession
shajufx is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 18:59   #60
Senior - BHPian

Bye to 310R, Welcome to 900R

As mentioned in the previous post, although it got delayed due to our favorite Chinese virus, finally things have come to a conclusion. This will be my final post on this thread.

I have booked the F900R red today and it will be delivered by Valentines Day. It will be shipped from Berlin tomorrow and reach here in few days. Hope the process and delivery goes smoother. I will try to start a new thread, as there are just 5 deliveries till date of this version in Bangalore. I took a test ride and what a machine to fall in love. Hope it stays with me for a longer time and gives me miles of happy riding ahead.

My 310R is up for grabs, if anyone is interested, let me know. Will hook up an excellent deal, nobody can offer. Its at ODO 8000 and at the service center for a routine service today. Will be as good as brand new within 24 hours. No damages, no issues till date.

Peace

Last edited by shajufx : 4th February 2021 at 19:00.
shajufx is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks