Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2024, 09:57   #301
BHPian

Re: Silver Blitz 650: Royal Enfield Interceptor Ownership Review

Couldn’t ride last weekend due to festival commitments so spent some time organizing my shelf to fit the new shoes. More than I like to, the shoes will anyway find its place in the shoe rack outside once it starts collecting dirt but placing it along with the rest of the stuff felt good to look at. This Cello plastic cupboard I got from Amazon in 2021 has decent build but not sure of its long term durability. Could fit most of my bike stuff in here except for the riding jackets. The plastic cupboard can easily handle the weight of helmets, boots, some half empty oil cans and tool box. I’ve kept the heavy stuff like tool box and oil cans in the lower shelf and the lighter stuff above just to be safe. The shelf helps to keep preying eyes away and the fact that the shelf is placed in the balcony helps in avoiding pointing at stuff and bringing up anti-bike topic in the house. Would love to have my own personal man cave but this is all for now.

Silver Blitz 650: Royal Enfield Interceptor Ownership Review-silver-blitz-650-royal-enfield-2.jpeg

Silver Blitz 650: Royal Enfield Interceptor Ownership Review-silver-blitz-650-royal-enfield-1.jpeg

The top shelf has the lighter stuff. Empty oil cans in the oil drain tray.
Silver Blitz 650: Royal Enfield Interceptor Ownership Review-silver-blitz-650-royal-enfield-5.jpeg

Two full size helmets is a tight squeeze so I keep one helmet in the lower shelf next to the magnetic tank bag.
Silver Blitz 650: Royal Enfield Interceptor Ownership Review-silver-blitz-650-royal-enfield-4.jpeg

Some half empty cans of engine oil and gear oil, spares and the tool box.
Silver Blitz 650: Royal Enfield Interceptor Ownership Review-silver-blitz-650-royal-enfield-3.jpeg
Torino is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 19th January 2024, 11:41   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torino View Post
Couldn’t ride last weekend due to festival commitments so spent some time organizing my shelf to fit the new shoes.
Quite a neat looking storage. I guess, this one is stack-able.

Quote:
More than I like to, the shoes will anyway find its place in the shoe rack outside once it starts collecting dirt but placing it along with the rest of the stuff felt good to look at.
Agree.

Quote:
I’ve kept the heavy stuff like tool box and oil cans in the lower shelf and the lighter stuff above just to be safe.
Logical, makes sense.

Query: Used any clip/hanger for gloves?

Suggestion: Please wrap air filter in newspaper layers.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 12:28   #303
BHPian

5 years & 40,000 kms up!

Didn’t have anything to post lately so waited for the 40k milestone and finally the motorcycle crossed 40,000 kms and 5 years of ownership. Overall the Interceptor is doing great as usual performing its usual weekend short rides and occasional office commutes. After all these years of ownership and distance covered my only gripe with the Interceptor is its inability to handle long bumper to bumper traffic. The simple air cooled engine heats up after 30 mins of riding in bumper to bumper traffic and goes to limp mode with all warning lights flashing on the meter console. If it isn’t for this overheating I’ll be taking the Interceptor more often than public transport or car for office commutes. I’ve observed this overheating issue right from my first year of ownership and I’ve recorded this in few posts in this thread. Few other TBhpians have also registered the same overheating issue in the main Royal Enfield 650 thread. I believe aftermarket exhaust and header pipes might resolve this overheating issue since it allows the engine to breathe better. Apart from this gripe the Interceptor has been absolutely trouble free so far. Still in love with the exhaust rumble/burble.

I've been running on the 17 inch aftermarket rims for just over 2 years and 21,000 kms now and the rims have held on well (post #167 (Silver Blitz 650: Royal Enfield Interceptor Ownership Review)). The smaller rims along with the suspension lowering kit have truly enabled me to comfortably manage the bike's heft in tricky situations for my 5.7 ft frame. Also the lowered center of gravity & smaller wheels lowered the learning curve to take the bike confidently in tricky situations like tighter U turns, broken roads, steep inclines etc.

Also a special mention on the time when I flooded the bike during a water crossing (post #284 (Silver Blitz 650: Royal Enfield Interceptor Ownership Review)), have covered over 2000 kms since then and haven’t noticed anything unusual but fingers crossed against any long term implications.

Insurance renewal.
With the 5 year milestone came the time to renew the insurance and the tyres. Renewed the insurance with Universal Sompo, paid Rs4549 which includes own damage, third party liability and PA cover with IDV of 1.24L.

New Tyres
Next was the tyres and since I’m running on 17 inch wheels I wanted to explore options to upsize primarily to increase the ground clearance. The motorcycle currently runs on 110/70/17 & 140/60/17 and now I’ve upsized to 110/80/17 & 140/70/17. The existing tyres lasted ~21k kms with some thread left. After finalizing the upsize began the search for tyres with bit of off-road bias to suit my mild trial riding and rugged thread design. The final choice was between Reise TourR and Apollo Trampler ST and finally got the Apollo since it was easily available and slightly cheaper. Bought online from Amazon and paid Rs 5458 for the pair. Rode over ~600km on the new tyres rides and looks good on the Interceptor. Running with tube inside, no tubeless kit of any sorts as of now. The rear tyre is slightly taller than the front so have set the rear suspension to its lowest setting to get a rear biased relaxed riding stance. Wanted to do wheel truing and balancing during the tyre swap but couldn’t due to plain laziness.

In the meantime I also got a pair of Royal Enfield Stalwart gloves which were selling with good discounts to match my Royal Enfield Platoon riding boots I got recently post#300 (Silver Blitz 650: Royal Enfield Interceptor Ownership Review).

40,000kms on the clock.
Silver Blitz 650: Royal Enfield Interceptor Ownership Review-royal-enfield-interceptor-silver-blitz-650-1.jpeg

Apollo Tramplr STs from Amazon.Luckily both tyres were less than a year old.
Silver Blitz 650: Royal Enfield Interceptor Ownership Review-silver-blitz-650-royal-enfield-5.jpeg

New RE Stalwart gloves to match my boots #300 (Silver Blitz 650: Royal Enfield Interceptor Ownership Review).
Silver Blitz 650: Royal Enfield Interceptor Ownership Review-royal-enfield-interceptor-silver-blitz-650-4.jpeg

Personally the new tyres look more complete. Previous low profile tyres looked undertyred.
Silver Blitz 650: Royal Enfield Interceptor Ownership Review-royal-enfield-interceptor-silver-blitz-650-11.jpeg

Front tyre is actually made for rear, fitted in reverse direction.
Silver Blitz 650: Royal Enfield Interceptor Ownership Review-royal-enfield-interceptor-silver-blitz-650-5.jpeg

Liking the thread design.
Silver Blitz 650: Royal Enfield Interceptor Ownership Review-royal-enfield-interceptor-silver-blitz-650-9.jpeg

Usual Sunday morning scene.
Silver Blitz 650: Royal Enfield Interceptor Ownership Review-royal-enfield-interceptor-silver-blitz-650-6.jpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Query: Used any clip/hanger for gloves?

Suggestion: Please wrap air filter in newspaper layers.
Thanks!
Yes. Using those stick on hooks I got from the local super market.
That's a used air filter, couldn't throw away as it look good. Already using one as a pen stand.
Torino is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks