Team-BHP - Want to modify my Kinetic Blaze
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Want to modify my Kinetic Blaze (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/20788-want-modify-my-kinetic-blaze.html)

what should be the tyres that i should change as i wanted to change the tyres both front and rear with some good ones what are the options to which are the branded company tyres that should go with please help me out.
And also some suggestions for any modifications such as disc brakes please:

Sorry to bump an old thread! I have a related quiery so i posted here.

I want to upgrade the headlight on the blaze. Can you please tell me what is the best bulb to go for? The main requirement is ofcource good road illumination.

Thanks for your time!

Anyone? :(

I have read around the forums and found that for cars, evryone is recommending the Philips bulbs. Are they avaiable for 2 wheelers too? If so, how much do they cost?

Another question, are there any LED replacements for the headlights available for the said bulbs?

The manual says that the vehicle has twin 35W bulbs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by samloveu123 (Post 361316)
And also some suggestions for any modifications such as disc brakes

I dunno much about modifying bikes, so cant comment on disc brakes for the blaze.

However you can fit a K&N air filter on the bike. One chennai Tbhp member has a Honda Dio with a K&N (was it hotrod or islero?). There are also quite a lot of bullets and other bikes with K&N filters. Dont expect phenomenal gains though.

@samloveu123 - A K&N will give you pretty good results infact. If your riding steady it will increase the mileage & if you decide to rip you will see a difference too. I speak from experience, i have fitted one to my RX-135.

@chvvkumar - First find out if the blaze has an alternator, if it does then fit a good relay("CUTOUT" as its known at the shops). Once you fit that the go buy a 130/100 watts bulb from philips, thats if the blaze uses 'H4' bulbs. If its not an H4 then it will be an H7 & those are not available as readily as H4's in india and they definately dont have 100+ watts power, they usually come with 55 watts. If your really serious about it then i can tell a website from abroad that will deliver to your house without any shipping cost.

regarding the looks department i would suggest to remove all the stickers from blaze and go for a better sticker job or no stickers ,the o e sticker job in the blaze is pathetic,especially the"catch me if you can"one.

1. throw the windscreen out
2. remove all stickers
3. repaint the scooter with the "titanium" colour that comes on the new apache rtr
4. fit a k&n air filter
5. get a nice exhaust header fitted
6. replace the rear shocks with a slightly longer travel one
7. fit the company supplied disc brake kit available at the dealer itself
8. get an imported set of tyres
9. electricals on the blaze are poor. messing with them might cause failure to the source coils or rectifier units, so leave them alone

Quote:

Originally Posted by n_aditya (Post 576693)
One chennai Tbhp member has a Honda Dio with a K&N (was it hotrod or islero?). .

yea , that would be hotrod . he did say the performance was a wee bit better when ripping . . hmm

i agree with hollywoodhogan

Quote:

@
n_aditya
kunal76
desigNation
hollywoodhogan
jakesride

Thank you for your replies guys!

I have already taken all the stickers out.

Is there any specific thing to say about K&N filter to the dealer? I mean, is there any size/shape specified?

As for the lighting, I think i am not comfortable with modifying the electricals (as the mechanics here s*** big time). Just want something better that is better than and fits the stock bulb.

once again thanks for replying!

Blaze has the same 165cc engine which was on GF-170, it used to produce 15bhp for GF-170.

Can't we get same power on Blaze?

Quote:

Originally Posted by chvvkumar (Post 580290)
Thank you for your replies guys!

I have already taken all the stickers out.

Is there any specific thing to say about K&N filter to the dealer? I mean, is there any size/shape specified?

As for the lighting, I think i am not comfortable with modifying the electricals (as the mechanics here s*** big time). Just want something better that is better than and fits the stock bulb.

once again thanks for replying!

RC1060. problem is got gotta do some work while fitting it into the box.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan (Post 579169)
1. throw the windscreen out
2. remove all stickers
3. repaint the scooter with the "titanium" colour that comes on the new apache rtr
4. fit a k&n air filter
5. get a nice exhaust header fitted
6. replace the rear shocks with a slightly longer travel one
7. fit the company supplied disc brake kit available at the dealer itself
8. get an imported set of tyres
9. electricals on the blaze are poor. messing with them might cause failure to the source coils or rectifier units, so leave them alone

Where can I get the rear shocks and the head-lamps replaced for my Blaze in Mumbai

I m looking to revamp my blaze ...
these are the mods I m looking for to,but I cant source most of them .. can anyone help me with what I would need to look for (specs wise)

1. New brake liners and pads (i have a disc brake model, but not I am looking to change the rear and front brakes setup;as such it has been some 3-4 years)

2.suspensions

3. air-filter

4. exhaust.

to technically, everything except the engine ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaladhi (Post 3143502)
1. New brake liners and pads (i have a disc brake model, but not I am looking to change the rear and front brakes setup;as such it has been some 3-4 years)

2.suspensions

3. air-filter

4. exhaust.

to technically, everything except the engine ;)

Hi Jaladhi,
Were you able to sort out the above. Over time the suspension of my blaze has given way (I have not been riding much), the exhaust is rusting and needs a paint job. I wonder if there is replacement possible for the front forks but hope replacing rear suspension with something from a bike should be possible. Your views?