Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2019, 12:47   #1
Senior - BHPian

Honda 2-Wheelers : 1,000 dealerships up

Honda 2-Wheelers has inaugurated its 1,000th dealership in India. Platinum Honda, which is located at Rajpura Road, Zirakpur (District Mohali), Punjab is the latest addition to the company's dealer network.

Honda 2-Wheelers : 1,000 dealerships up-honda-motorcycle-scooter-india-1.jpg

Over the last 5 years, Honda 2-Wheelers has added 3,300 new touch-points throughout India, doubling its network from 2,700 outlets in FY2014.

In India, Honda offers products ranging from the Livo and CB Shine in the commuter segment to the performance oriented XBlade and CBR250R. It offers two variants of the Activa, Activa i, Dio, Grazia and Aviator in the scooter segment as well as the Navi. The CB300R is the latest addition to Honda's premium offerings. Bigger bikes that are currently on sale include the CBR650R, CB1000R, CBR1000RR, Africa Twin and the Goldwing.

Honda 2-Wheelers : 1,000 dealerships up-honda2wheelers1.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2019, 08:29   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Honda 2-Wheelers : 1,000 dealerships up

My first thought, upon reading the press release, was "just a 1000 dealerships"?. Honda sells 4 - 5 lakh vehicles every month (source); that means, averaged, each dealership does 400 - 500 deliveries / month . I'm assuming their showrooms must be as chaotic as a busy market area!

In comparison, Maruti sells 1.2 - 1.4 lakh cars / month and has almost double the sales outlets. Of course, the outlets & products are also bigger, but just saying.

Because 2-wheeler stores are smaller & have such high volumes, I'd have expected Honda to have a LOT more than just a thousand.
Old 3rd April 2019, 09:10   #3
Team-BHP Support

An acquaintance of mine started a Honda scooters and motorcycles dealership around the Konkan belt in Maharashtra a few years ago. He was very very diffident when he started off because he wasn't so sure about the success of his rather large investment. His friend who was supporting him through the transaction said, "if you don't get your ROI within a year, I'll pay off all your debt". And his words did come true, he recovered his entire investment in about a year and expanded to some two or three dealerships in tier 3 towns in the belt.

I am sure starting a Honda dealership appears to be a very profitable venture unlike most car dealerships which barely scrape through, continue to be loss making or shutdown without a trace.
moralfibre is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2019, 09:51   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I'm assuming their showrooms must be as chaotic as a busy market area!
Indeed. And the same is true for their service centers.
Had gone along with a friend for giving his CBR250r for servicing and we had to wade through a sea of Activas to reach the service reps.

Literally 200+ Activas parked outside the service bays!
Shreyas_H is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks