Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2019, 17:19   #31
BHPian

Re: Updated Bajaj Dominar 400 launched at Rs. 1.74 lakh

Saw some videos in YouTube stating there is a new ECU update for 2019 Dominar that brings the gear shift indicator to main console. Has anyone got the update? BTW I think bringing the odo or trip meter to the main console could have been even more useful
Old 30th July 2019, 19:46   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VishJ View Post
Saw some videos in YouTube stating there is a new ECU update for 2019 Dominar that brings the gear shift indicator to main console. Has anyone got the update?
I am part of Dominar Riders Club Bangalore. I have seen many people complaining about this update.

The issue is, after update, clock stops showing 2 digits for hour. Ex: For 12:20pm, it shows 2:20pm

And owners complain that the dealers are not downgrading ECU to previous version. Also they say there is no fix as of now and bajaj is working on the fix

So suggest to wait

Last edited by gkveda : 30th July 2019 at 20:10.
Old 21st September 2019, 09:33   #33
BHPian

The price of the Dominar has been hiked again and now stands at Rs.1.90 lakhs ex-showroom. What the heck?
Old 21st September 2019, 11:51   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisravi View Post
The price of the Dominar has been hiked again and now stands at Rs.1.90 lakhs ex-showroom. What the heck?
Just when the dominar was doing decent sales, Bajaj comes up with this . They are playing with the "vfm" tag which was one of the reasons for good sales.
Old 25th September 2019, 09:15   #35
BHPian

Yesterday while I was discussing exchange of my Duke for Dominar, I was told by dealer in Delhi that Bajaj is now offering Rs 6,000 discount on all its models. No info on major auto sites so googled and found info on this rather low key site

https://www.amarujala.com/photo-gall...take-home-bike
Old 25th September 2019, 11:10   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangdu View Post
Yesterday while I was discussing exchange of my Duke for Dominar, I was told by dealer in Delhi that Bajaj is now offering Rs 6,000 discount on all its models. No info on major auto sites so googled and found info on this rather low key site

https://www.amarujala.com/photo-gall...take-home-bike
Interesting. Why would you want to do this?

I recently took a test ride of the all new Dominar and i was not very impressed.
Old 25th September 2019, 14:19   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post

I recently took a test ride of the all new Dominar and i was not very impressed.
For long distance rides.

Actually I too took a test ride few days back and I didn't find any ergonomic issue, was easy to maneuver and also given that there's no other comfortable power tourer in this price range. Is there anything specific that bothered you?
D200 has served me well for intra/inter city jiffy rides but isn't fun on highway above 85-90 for hrs together.
Old 25th September 2019, 14:48   #38
BANNED

Quote:

Quote:
For long distance rides.

Actually I too took a test ride few days back and I didn't find any ergonomic issue, was easy to maneuver and also given that there's no other comfortable power tourer in this price range. Is there anything specific that bothered you?
D200 has served me well for intra/inter city jiffy rides but isn't fun on highway above 85-90 for hrs together.
Bajaj Dominar 400:
Peak Torque: 120kmph
Peak Power: 150kmph

KTM Duke 200:
Peak Torque: 100kmph
Peak Power: 130kmph

Power-band is between Peak Torque and Peak Power i.e Best oomph for overtaking.

Having said that, wind buffeting is still a concern on either.

Cheers,
A.P.
Old 25th September 2019, 15:04   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
For long distance rides.

I felt it was heavy at slow speeds. There was hardly any refined acceleration. The bike didn't have the kind of punch the 390 slams. I was really scratching my head on what the usp of this bike was apart from the fact that its reasonably priced. I just couldnt say, this is one thing this bike stands out for. Granted, maybe its a jack of all trades and a master of none, but is that why you buy a bike?

You have to look up this power drift review which kind of elaborates on the points i try to make.

If i were you, i would just wait until Dec for the 390 adv. Granted no where close to the budget you are sitting at right now.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2019, 16:43   #40
BHPian

The Dominar really is designed for highway cruising. The long wheelbase (about 1450 mm - about 100 more than most 200 to 400 cc category) and the gentle power delivery makes it ideal for highways. But the same characteristics make it dull no in the city.

The bike is reliable, no doubt. People have taken it across the world. As I see it, the problem is not with the bike, rather with the marketing and communication by Bajaj. They need to be clear about what the bike is.
Old 25th September 2019, 18:58   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Granted, maybe its a jack of all trades and a master of none, but is that why you buy a bike?
Sure, that could easily be *the* reason why a person would buy a bike. Not everyone buys separate bikes for daily commute, weekend rides, track days etc. for whatever reasons best known to that individual.
itisravi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th September 2019, 10:18   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
And an official "discount" of Rs 6000/- introduced.

Source
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2019, 11:04   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sure, that could easily be *the* reason why a person would buy a bike. Not everyone buys separate bikes for daily commute, weekend rides, track days etc. for whatever reasons best known to that individual.
Yeah, i agree with you. Its a one bike garage that does a few things (road touring + commute) reasonably well for a very good price.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 15:58   #44
BHPian

Classic 350—>> Dominar 400

Am a noob if we talk about bikes.
But still here is my experience about a bike which has been with me for a while and trying to decide for a new one. When few years back in 2016, I got my new job (a stable one after 6 years) and I was in dire need of a bike mainly to be used to go to office. And as the better half heard of the decision, she jumped in with her option (her favourite) a Classic 350. I too was energised with the bike as I always wanted to have one of my own. And a month later the black bull was home.
Classic 350 ownership
It has been a smooth sailing for past 4 years. Timely service at the authorised service centres, a bit of detailing and kept it shiny; all thanks to Team BHP as I have been following it from many years but was able to be part just recently. Only two niggles I faced were a puncture (not bike’s fault) and a battery change few months back. I am too surprised after what I have heard about the Royal Enfield. But part 4 years have been smooth as butter.
Even made a new year trip 2 years back to Kasol with friends and even in such cold and my first mountain trip the bull never backed down.
Time to part from the bull
As everyone welcomed 2020, I thought to bring a dream to reality. It has been back of my mind from a long time(I think since Dhoom released way back in 2004). Yes, a sports bike not seriously a 1000CC bike but something which can give a feel I have been craving. So what I read in all these yearsabout bikes or what I had in mind about what I wanted, these 20 days were everything about deciding the ONE.
There were few that were shortlisted:
1. Suzuki Gixxer 250
2. KTM 250 Duke
3. Yamaha FZ25
4. Dominar 400
I didn’t wanted any other RE. After few test rides and what I read online and different forums I decided that hamara Bajaj has nice ring to it .
Rest is yet to be done as I am in process of selling my Classic 350.
It has been quite a decision to take as me and the better half are expecting are first in March. But all’s well that ends well. As convincing her didn’t take a lot and she is happy for me about fulfilling a long awaited dream (as I am the boring one and don’t like changes a lot). I presume shifting from RE would not be as difficult as I am 31 and weighing 80kg and Classic 350 is on heavier side of the Dominar400(When you love something you try to convince yourself that everything is OK) so I think handling wouldn’t be that tough in terms of weight but width may take sometime to adjust.
Will continue once I have sold my bull and book the Black Devil.
Note: It is my first post in any forum, so please be patient.

Last edited by aah78 : 25th January 2020 at 21:10. Reason: Additional smileys removed.
BlackMamba24 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2020, 15:46   #45
BHPian

BS6 Bajaj Dominar launched at ₹1,91,751!

Quote:
Come 1 April 2020 and car and bike manufacturers in the country won’t be able to sell BSIV products in the country. Hence, most companies have been busy rolling out BSVI-compliant versions of their popular products ahead of the deadline. The latest to join the bandwagon is the Bajaj Dominar 400, which has been launched at Rs 1,91,751 (ex-showroom). Compared to the BSIV-compliant model, the 2020 Bajaj Dominar 400 BSVI version is only Rs 1,749 dearer. Bookings for the new model are already underway at several dealerships and one can order the motorcycle for anything between Rs 1,000-5,000. Visually, there are no differences between 2020 Bajaj Dominar 400 BSVI and BSIV models. Mechanically, however, the motorcycle has got a significant update in the form of a BSVI-compliant motor. Specifications have not been revealed officially. However, the 373.3 cc single-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC, the fuel-injected engine of the new motorcycle is expected to belt out the same figures as its previous iteration.

For reference, the BSIV engine of the Bajaj Dominar 400 produced a maximum power of 40 PS at 8,650 RPM and a peak torque of 35 Nm at 7,000 RPM. The 6-speed transmission of the previous motorcycle has bene carried over to the new model. The compliance with the stricter emission regulations has been achieved seemingly through an updated ECU and a new catalytic converter. The new cat-con could have made the motorcycle marginally heavier. Suspension and braking components remain untouched. Like the previous motorcycle, the 2020 Bajaj Dominar 400 will be kitted out with upside-down front forks and a monoshock at the rear. Braking will be courtesy of a disc brake on both wheels. Dual-channel ABS will be offered as standard.
Source
Neeraj1903 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed