Team-BHP - KTM RC 125 caught testing near Pune
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   KTM RC 125 caught testing near Pune (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/208293-ktm-rc-125-caught-testing-near-pune.html)

The first spy images of the KTM RC 125 have surfaced online. It is the fully faired version of the 125 Duke.

KTM RC 125 caught testing near Pune-ktm_rc125_india_spotted_2_720x540.1.jpg

The spy images suggest that the RC 125 is likely to have a similar design as the RC 200. It has twin headlamps up front, a short windscreen and a narrow tail section. The bodywork is finished in orange and white, while the alloys are painted in orange. Unlike the RC 390, the RC 125 could get an underside exhaust.

KTM RC 125 caught testing near Pune-ktm_rc125_india_spotted_720x540.1.jpg

The RC 125 is expected to be powered by the same 124.7cc, single-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine that is available on the 125 Duke. It produces 14.3 BHP @ 9,250 rpm and 12 Nm of torque @ 8,000 rpm and is paired with a 6-speed transmission. Like the 125 Duke, the RC 125 is expected to get upside down fork suspension at the front and a monoshock at the rear. The bike also gets disc brakes at both ends and is likely to get ABS as well.

Source: Zigwheels

Link to Team-BHP News

As a Past Pulsar owner, I can see the same pattern repeating with the Duke albeit , a better difference in cc. Pulsar 135, Pulsar 150, 180, 200, 220. Over a point of time, the brand was diluted to the core. Hope KTMs don't meet the same fate.

Exactly! Dont know who is the target customer for this set product?

This is like the Enticer (which was a wanna be Cruiser with 125 cc engine) The most pathetic bike I have ever ridden! This is a fully faired bike with 125 cc engine! I think it may just work in rural India where people will proudly claim. 60 ka mileage dene wali racer bike hai!!

During my childhood, my mother used to ask me to bring milk from local shop near by for whatever money we had.

Sometimes, I used to buy for 10 Paise, sometimes, 12 paise, 15 Paise. Sometimes 20 paise, or 25 Paise.

The milk person used to happily give 100 ml, little more than 100 ml(110 ml), 120 ml, 125 ml, 200 ml for 25 Paise. (One litre of milk, it used to cost around 1 Rupee 05 paise)

For whatever money we pay, he used to pour milk into the vessel we give. He never used to say, NO.

I remembered this story, when I read this post. KTM, Bajaj and almost every dealer is selling every bike in similar way now.

Example:
Bajaj Discover, we have 100, 110, 125, 150 and what not ?

I don't understand why some people here have this urge to slate a product simply because they're not the target demographic. If you're better off then get something that fits your bill instead of mocking the product.

This is a good learners bike for someone just getting into motorcycling. It has good suspension and brakes and the wide tyres mean there is adequate grip for most scenarios. It is better in that regard than any other 125 in the current market. The 200 is still a manic bike for a beginner which is evident by the number of crashes I've come across.

If it's not your cup of tea, just move on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neo18 (Post 4571720)
As a Past Pulsar owner, I can see the same pattern repeating with the Duke albeit , a better difference in cc. Pulsar 135, Pulsar 150, 180, 200, 220. Over a point of time, the brand was diluted to the core. Hope KTMs don't meet the same fate.

I highly doubt that will happen because I feel like there is such a HUGE difference between bikes like the KTMs and the R15 when compared to others in the market. Perhaps it is the focused ergonomics along with rigid superior chassis that lend these bikes their feel. I own an RC390 and bought it as my first bike not just because of the power, but because of the way it felt. I would have bought an R15 back then but they used to have ergonomics more suited towards shorter riders. The Pulsars on the other hand have remained just that; a brand. They did not really hold any merit or distinguish themselves amongst rivals at the sheer product level.

That said, I do feel that a 125cc 4 stroke sportbike makes no sense unless people are legally allowed to ride them from the age of 15 or 16.

There is no "slating a product because of a demographic" or "I am not the target demographic" attitude here. I was a first generation Duke 390 owner and simply loved the bike despite all it's niggles. The views expressed are simply a matter of practicality for the end user and a feeling of history repeating itself, based on past experience.

The ex-showroom price of the RC125 is expected to be 1.45 lakhs approximately and the RC200 is 1.75 Ex Showroom approximately. More than 90% Duke owners are not going to take it to a track and master the bike. Also one tends to outgrow a 125 RC pretty quickly. Again, "outgrow" is a notation term and not that one has mastered the bike,the itch to move to a bigger bike is what i mean. With a price difference of ~ 30 k between the 125 and 200 siblings, it does make street sense to buy a 200 straight away and have a longer and satisfying ownership.

As is always the case, with bikes it is always "different strokes for different folks". We can only wait andwatch if the market resonates with the RC125 or differs otherwise.

Rumour: KTM RC 125 to launch by end of June 2019

According to a media report, KTM might launch the RC 125 by the end of June 2019.

KTM RC 125 caught testing near Pune-rc125.jpg

The RC 125 is the faired version of the 125 Duke, which is already on sale in India. Reports suggest that the RC 125 could be offered in different colour schemes. The bike is expected to get upside down fork suspension at the front and a monoshock at the rear as well as an underside exhaust.

The RC 125 is likely to be powered by the same 124.7cc, single-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine that is available on the 125 Duke. It produces 14.3 BHP @ 9,250 rpm and 12 Nm of torque @ 8,000 rpm and is paired with a 6-speed transmission. It could get disc brakes at both ends and ABS.

Source: Autocar India

Link to Team-BHP News

Will be a tough fight against the Yamaha R15!

It clearly has multiple advantages over this Duke 125, at least on paper.

KTM RC 125 teaser video out

KTM has released a teaser of the RC 125, suggesting that the bike is likely to be launched in the near future.

https://youtu.be/sKgU0RBTpZg

The RC 125 is the faired version of the 125 Duke. The teaser video reveals the silhouette of the bike and gives us an idea of its new orange and black colour scheme.

The RC 125 is likely to be powered by the same 124.7cc, single-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine that powers the 125 Duke. It produces 14.3 BHP @ 9,250 rpm and 12 Nm of torque @ 8,000 rpm and is paired with a 6-speed transmission.

The RC 125 is expected to get an upside down fork suspension at the front and monoshock at the rear. Stopping power is expected to come from disc brakes at the front and rear. The bike is expected to come equipped with ABS and a saree guard.

Link to Team-BHP News

I did a test drive with 125, when I was trying to book 200. Initially I had a doubt whether I can drive 200 (I am 40+). After the test drive, I decided that I should go 200 and beyond.

125 was very poor in terms of pick up (as expected). I wondered who could buy 125 cc for 1.3L, when they can get a similar powered bike around 60+.

At the showroom I was surprised to see, lots of bookings happening for 125. The reason is, most of the buyers are College students, whose parents deny 200cc bike. Instead they are ready to pay 1.3L for a 125cc bike

The young guys are satisfied that they got a KTM. The parents are satisfied as their son is safe. the showroom guys are satisfied as they get enough sales. :Cheering: