Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2019, 15:11   #1
Senior - BHPian

The Revolt RV400 electric motorcycle

Thanks to BHPian //M for sharing these images with other enthusiasts.

Last week, Micromax co-founder Rahul Sharma announced his foray into the electric motorcycle business with the launch of Revolt Intellicorp Pvt. Ltd. Now, the first images of the company's AI-enabled electric bike have reportedly surfaced online.

The Revolt RV400 electric motorcycle-ebike-2.jpg

The bike seen in the spy images is believed to be the Revolt e-bike. It was spotted in Gurgaon. The spy images suggest that the e-bike is likely to get a hexagonal headlamp with LED daytime running lights and a digital instrument cluster. It has a stepped seat and a narrow tail section with a silver grab handle.

The Revolt RV400 electric motorcycle-ebike1.jpg

The e-bike is equipped with upside-down telescopic front forks and monoshock suspension at the rear. It has black alloy wheels and disc brakes at the front and rear.

The Revolt e-bike will be manufactured in Manesar near Gurgaon. The new facility is spread over 1 lakh sq. ft. and has an annual capacity of 1.20 lakh units.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 12th April 2019, 15:17   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: The Revolt RV400 electric motorcycle

Revolt e-bike first design sketch revealed

Revolt Intellicorp has released the first design sketch of its upcoming electric bike, which is scheduled to be launched in June 2019.

The Revolt RV400 electric motorcycle-revolt.jpg

Designed by Chief Designer Shivam Sharma, it took 6 months, three different directions and seven mock-ups to finalize the design. As per the sketch, the e-bike is expected to feature a slim headlamp with a short fairing and a stepped seat.

The batteries and electric motor are expected to be housed where a conventional bike would have its engine mounted. The bike rides on upside telescopic fork suspension at the front and has a monoshock at the rear. It is likely to get multi-spoke alloy wheels and disc brakes.

Last week, Micromax co-founder Rahul Sharma had announced his entry into the electric motorcycle business. The company has setup a new factory that has an annual capacity of 1.20 lakh units at Manesar near Gurgaon.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 4th June 2019, 07:39   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Launching (unveiling?) on 18th June. Pretty cool invite

The Revolt RV400 electric motorcycle-invite.jpg
GTO is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 5th June 2019, 16:59   #4
BHPian

Revolt looks similar to the Super Soco TS electric bike present in Europe. Speculating the specs, the Super Soco has a 2400W 17 inch Bosch hub motor powered by 60V Li-ion battery with 60-80 km range and 6-7 hours charging time. If Revolt gets similar specs then it could be a decent proposition for being the first full size electric bike in the country.

The Revolt RV400 electric motorcycle-super-soco-ts.jpg
Torino is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2019, 10:25   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Launching (unveiling?) on 18th June. Pretty cool invite

Attachment 1881664
Each of those points in that invite is a story in the below page. Humorous read
https://www.revoltmotors.com/revolt-times/
I loved this poem from one of those stories -The story 29 Dec 2026 to be exact

Quote:
धुआं था मेहनत का जो दो पहियों पर दिखता था,

धक धक करके सड़को पर, दिल भी उसका धड़कता था.

खून की तरह बहती थी वो पेट्रोल की बूँदें,

पर अब तो उन यादों को आप अपने सपनो में ही ढूंढें.

बीता हुआ कल, आज कैसे वापिस आ गया समय की नींद तोड़ के,

सुन लो इनको जी भर के, कल फिर शांत हो जाएंगी यह सड़के.
Link to the live event is given below

A teaser image of their bike for the launch event
The Revolt RV400 electric motorcycle-capture.jpg

From the images looks like there is a flap on top of what would be a fuel tank conventionally; for storage or charging I guess

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 18th June 2019 at 10:47.
hemanth.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2019, 14:05   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Some of the points that I got from the launch event.
  • Bike is started from the phone App-No Keystart! There is also a Push button start
  • Airtel 4G enabled connectivity
  • Portable charging - Remove battery and charge it at your home/wherever you want
  • Battery swap stations will be setup across cities- Give your dry battery and get a charged battery
  • Delivery on demand - Order charged battery from the App to your location
  • Geofencing - can set a perimeter outside which the bike will switch off
  • 2 colour choices-Black and Red
  • Biketone- Sound choice for the bike-4 inbuilt sounds plus option to download just like ringtones for phone. Harley, Bullet, KTM whichever you may fancy
  • Prebooking starts from 25.06.2019 on Amazon or Revolt website
  • It is supposed to have voice recognition (shown in a teaser video where a girl says "revolt, Start")

Otherwise the presentation was lackluster, the presenter seemed unprepared and there was no real flow in the presentation.
The bike riders were performing stoppies on the stage.
No price information, range information or delivery dates given out. It is supposed to be revealed in the sequel launch next month!
Basically it just looks like a rebranded SuperSOCO TS to me and the specs of that vehicle isn't that impressive.

Some screenshots from the live event on YouTube.
The Revolt RV400 electric motorcycle-screenshot_20190618134105_youtube.jpg
Rendered image

The Revolt RV400 electric motorcycle-screenshot_20190618134235_youtube.jpg
Front view

The Revolt RV400 electric motorcycle-screenshot_20190618134311_youtube.jpg
Colour choices

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 18th June 2019 at 14:34.
hemanth.anand is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 18th June 2019, 16:04   #7
BHPian

Overdrive's report of the launch event is available here and here's a review of the Super Soco TS from an Australian website.

As per their verdict, it appears to be something that is extremely cheap and gets the job done. The Super Soco TS has a 40-mile range and a 30 mph speed limit. Most reviewers seem to be comparing it to a "50cc moped." Now it remains to be seen how will this be priced in India, and of course the sales and after-sales experience will also be a major factor.

Last edited by TejasKinger : 18th June 2019 at 16:17. Reason: Adding more information.
TejasKinger is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2019, 16:14   #8
BHPian

For those who are interested in range and charging time, excerpt from the above linked article.

Quote:
The Revolt RV400 all-electric motorcycle gets a ARAI certified range of 156 kms per charge and can be plugged directly to a 15-ampere socket for a full charge in four hours.
Yieldway17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 02:03   #9
Senior - BHPian

Autocar first look video
Latheesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 11:19   #10
BHPian

Decent looking bikes

The rear foot brake is missing and seems to be hand operated. So braking is like a scooter / moped. I would have liked it to be left at the conventional position.

But Range looks too good and they have launched pretty quick in comparison to Tork T6X. I also like their battery swap feature. All they need to do is setup battery swap stations along the highway and we are good to go for a long road trip.

SuperSOCO TS seems to have a hub motor integrated with the rear wheel whereas the RV400 seems to have a motor - belt driven setup.

Last edited by pugram : 19th June 2019 at 11:21. Reason: Added the hub motor part of SuperSOCO TS
pugram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 11:35   #11
Senior - BHPian

I think the range is decent for city use. I dont think you would ride a bike inside city for more than 100 kms a day.

Interesting thing about the delivery of charged battery. I can ask them to keep one ready at a place 150 km from start and go there and get a instant charged battery ! This could also help bikes used for delivery and such chores easier to use. But then this can occur only if they are able to sell more of these bikes and scale up the operational part to match it.
Old 19th June 2019, 11:51   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
For those who are interested in range
Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
I think the range is decent for city use. I dont think you would ride a bike inside city for more than 100 kms a day.
Please note that ARAI range isn't very realistic. From my time with the Ather 450 -

Quote:
Small range! ARAI - 107 km. Ather claimed – 75 km (ECO), 60 km (Normal). Actual – 65 km (ECO) to 45 km (Normal) based on how much fun you are having. 60+ even in ECO mode requires patience.
So realistically we can expect around 80 - 100 kms range from the Revolt.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 12:36   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugram View Post
The rear foot brake is missing and seems to be hand operated. So braking is like a scooter / moped. I would have liked it to be left at the conventional position.
It's an belt drive transmission motorbike. So there is no clutch. So the clutch lever is now the brake lever. Hence the foot brake is also removed. Also the gear changing lever is gone making it symmetrical. I feel it's only a matter of time...people will get used to it.

Quote:
But Range looks too good and they have launched pretty quick in comparison to Tork T6X.
156Kms is ARAI range. Ather has 107kms ARAI range and 75kms REal world Range. Similarly this will have 110Kms REal world range which is still more than enough for city usage.

Quote:
SuperSOCO TS seems to have a hub motor integrated with the rear wheel whereas the RV400 seems to have a motor - belt driven setup.
RV400 is more a Supersoco TC styled like TS. This will help in keeping costs down I feel.
hemanth.anand is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 12:51   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
It's an belt drive transmission motorbike. So there is no clutch. So the clutch lever is now the brake lever. Hence the foot brake is also removed. Also the gear changing lever is gone making it symmetrical. I feel it's only a matter of time...people will get used to it.

156Kms is ARAI range. Ather has 107kms ARAI range and 75kms REal world Range. Similarly this will have 110Kms REal world range which is still more than enough for city usage.

RV400 is more a Supersoco TC styled like TS. This will help in keeping costs down I feel.
The Super SOCO TC has a range of 160km with Two batteries. With one battery it would give only half the range. The Revolt Ebike claims 150 Km range with One battery seems a little unrealistic. It could be that the Revolt bike also has the option of two batteries and with two batteries it has the full range of 150 km.
Old 19th June 2019, 13:32   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
No price information, range information or delivery dates given out. It is supposed to be revealed in the sequel launch next month!
Basically it just looks like a rebranded SuperSOCO TS to me and the specs of that vehicle isn't that impressive.
So this is basically a re-branded vehicle that's brought in from another country (the UK? (SuperSOCO)) and assembled here? How is that different from all those Chinese-made e-bikes we see being sold here?

Personally, after seeing the fiascos surrounding such ventures (Benelli, Hyosung, etc.) I'd rather wait and go with a home-grown brand like Ather or a big brand like Bajaj or Hero, when they finally do get into e-bikes in a big way.

Most Viewed