Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2019, 10:54   #31
BHPian

Re: Review: Bounce self-drive scooter rentals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
I've begun to hate these yellow scooters for the unruly parking everywhere. I have even seen them parked on ring roads (Bangalore) 2 feet into the main road, some even under dark underpasses. This is turning into a nightmare unless Bounce or BTP takes notice mishaps are bound to happen.
Same here. Almost crashed into one which was precariously parked in the overtaking lane on the electronic city flyover.
And the location was right before the point where the flyover diverges to exit towards ecity toll gate. I informed the toll booth attendant about the hazardous situation and hoped that BETL would remove it. It was still there for 2 days

As much as I like the convenience these start-ups offer with last mile connectivity, I hope they do something to curb such menace and penalize the violators. Also, I hope people who use it gain some common sense and avoid abusing the system like this.
pratik1992 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 08:25   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post

Positives
Cheap ride, good service
Ease of dropping anywhere
Thanks for sharing the info.
Will check if it is available in Hyderabad.
If it is dropping anywhere, how do they ensure about the condition of bike? Say for example, the bike met with an accident and the customer left it there ending the trip, how would it be taken care?
Old 30th April 2019, 09:52   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmind View Post
If it is dropping anywhere, how do they ensure about the condition of bike? Say for example, the bike met with an accident and the customer left it there ending the trip, how would it be taken care?
They have a feedback mechanism where in the next user shall be asked few questionnaire including scooter condition, fuel, helmet etc. What I am not sure is how seriously these feedback are taken.
PrideRed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st May 2019, 14:17   #34
Senior - BHPian

I have not used any of these 2 wheeler rental services so far but feel that maintenance of drivezy vehicles seems to be better than Bounce. I have atleast 3-4 instances over the last 1 month when I have seen poorly maintained possibly broken down Bounce scootyies left abandoned on Bangalore's ring road. Just yesterday I saw a traffic police tow truck carrying atleast 3-4 bounce scootyies which must have been lying around abandoned. People definitely abuse rented vehicles but the company also seems to be fairly lax about maintenance.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 18:31   #35
BHPian

On a different note, if not everyone; some of the bounce riders have no mercy on the oncoming vehicles. Since they don't own the vehicle, they ride it as they have stolen it. Recently, a bounce rider scratched my new car bumper and ran away; bad day for him as I caught and made him cough for the scratches he made.

A friend had a similar experience, where a bounce scooter was made to lean on the car door since there was no space for two wheeler parking.
rvd8732 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 24th May 2019, 01:17   #36
Senior - BHPian

So, on my current trip to Bangalore, I tried this Bounce rental. Very easy to sign up. To book a ride, you need to finish the KYC, which they claim to do in 10 minutes, which took about 3 hours for me and a reminder email.

The scooty pep was keyless and was parked inside a men's hostel. It was about 8 minutes away by walk. I had to enter the private premises to get to the scooter. The seat was not closing properly, so I had a look see and it had a stone to cover the lock, so that the seat can be kept unlocked all the time. Dont know what is the purpose of that. Started the scooter, tested the brakes and then noticed that headlights are not working and the fuel was near empty. I did not have far to travel, just a couple of kilometers to get food, as I did not want to use zomato or swiggy. The scooter did drive OK, went to the restaurant, parked it and paused the trip, returned and started again to get to my hotel. Parked it on the roadside, couple of meters from the hotel gate.

Overall, it was OK. Will try and use drivezy in this trip as well.
Old 3rd June 2019, 12:02   #37
BHPian

Warning!

Lately I have noticed a lot of broken down and abandoned Bounce scooters. I travel on the electronic city and I see about 1 broken down Bounce scooter every week. Last week when I visited the tollway office for renewing my toll pass, I saw 6 Bounce scooters that had been recovered by the tollway people and deposited at their office.

Sometime last week I noticed a broken down Bounce TVS scooty zest abandoned on the flyover. The next day I saw it again and thought that it hasn't been recovered by the flyover crew. Then 150 metres later I another broken down Bounce scooty zest!

I have not seen this sort thing happening with the competitor, Vogo. For me atleast, it seems clear that hiring a Bounce scooter is likely to leave you stranded somewhere! Stay away from Bounce!
Old 3rd June 2019, 12:11   #38
Senior - BHPian

Biggest issue with Bounce is scooters running out of petrol in the middle of nowhere. Since there is no fixed pickup/return location - its probably difficult for Bounce to keep refilling their scooters - and they stopped paying for customers to refuel their scooters recently.

I guess most of the cases you saw above are of out-of-fuel scooters and not broken down one's
ethanhunt123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 12:19   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
Warning!

Lately I have noticed a lot of broken down and abandoned Bounce scooters. I travel on the electronic city and I see about 1 broken down Bounce scooter every week. Last week when I visited the tollway office for renewing my toll pass, I saw 6 Bounce scooters that had been recovered by the tollway people and deposited at their office.

Sometime last week I noticed a broken down Bounce TVS scooty zest abandoned on the flyover. The next day I saw it again and thought that it hasn't been recovered by the flyover crew. Then 150 metres later I another broken down Bounce scooty zest!

I have not seen this sort thing happening with the competitor, Vogo. For me atleast, it seems clear that hiring a Bounce scooter is likely to leave you stranded somewhere! Stay away from Bounce!
I think their initial strategy was that they wont hire any personal to look into scooter issues and fueling and thought riders will do all these things for them, that seem to have backfired. They thought rentee will fill petrol and park scooter in public parking area only, but they forgot its India. And they failed to use cheap manual labor available in India. In their terms and conditions, if there is an puncture, it seems the person riding the scooter has to fix it on his own expense, really ?

I guess now they are thinking to hire and get bit streamlined, as they are asking questions regarding petrol and vehicle issues. Hope they deploy few maintenance guys in each area.
Old 3rd June 2019, 13:33   #40
BHPian

I have been seeing some people (seen at least on 2-3 occasions) wearing bounce helmets, but riding their own private bikes / scooters.

It looks like bounce scooters have helped some people get helmets.

And one other strange thing.. these days whenever I see a yellow scooter, I try to look more keenly to see if that is a Bounce. And if it not, I feel bad for the rider. His scooter is more often being mistaken for a Bounce scooter. At least I do! It's somewhat similar to private Etios owners' cars being mistaken for a taxi.

Last edited by ajmat : 3rd June 2019 at 15:21.
Old 9th June 2019, 10:49   #41
Senior - BHPian

Like any good service people have started misusing this too, as per this forward I have received.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Bounce self-drive scooter rentals-9de3ac47eaff4b438ea481ddc75ce102.jpg  

Old 19th June 2019, 13:11   #42
BHPian

This would have been an excellent service for civilised people. Unfortunately the service has been offered to people who are unruly and lack civic sense, mostly. I have seen kids ( clearly looking underage) driving dangerously, bikes parked at underpasses, people driving carelessly. They are not only a threat to themselves, they are dangerous to other users on road. The service offers ease of transport to all, but in present conditions, I wish the service stops soon.

Last edited by nozzlering : 19th June 2019 at 13:23.
Old 20th June 2019, 14:11   #43
Team-BHP Support

Returned home and saw two shifty looking people opening their bike seat and putting a long tube in it. I stared at them and they stared back as if they had committed something. I went to examine the cars parked over there and found an abandoned Bounce scooter. They had chanced upon the scooter or just rented it and had siphoned out the fuel. Petrol was everywhere!
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 19:07   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Returned home and saw two shifty looking people opening their bike seat and putting a long tube in it. I stared at them and they stared back as if they had committed something. I went to examine the cars parked over there and found an abandoned Bounce scooter. They had chanced upon the scooter or just rented it and had siphoned out the fuel. Petrol was everywhere!
I'd seen something along similar lines in my neighbourhood. Only thing i couldn't tell for sure was if they were refuelling the vehicles or siphoning off of it.
Twice in the evening today i'd seen clearly under age kids riding triples on these scooters without helmets (a disaster waiting to happen) and one incident yesterday where a guy on a non-bounce motorcycle wearing the bounce branded helmet. I don't even want to get into these scooters parked everywhere from BETL to right in the middle of the road.
Clearly, as a society, we don't deserve such services. Not sure how long bounce can bear this and i wouldn't be surprised if they shift to a vogo like model soon, or shut shop entirely.
One query for the experts: How is modifying the locking mechanism to digital locks is looked upon by the RTO, specifically will or wouldn't this fall under the 'illegal modifications' category?
Old 9th July 2019, 08:53   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmind View Post
In Hyderabad its Vogo, Bounce is not available there. But works in similar way. We have Vogo in bangalore also.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks