Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2020, 07:41   #61
Team-BHP Support

Re: Review: Bounce self-drive scooter rentals

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady View Post
Saw this last week when I went out cycling. Fuel tanks were dry for sure. Saw a few more vehicles with their wheels nicked off. Really sad to see people misusing this.
It's not just misuse, plain theft, around my house, students leave these scooters lying around. I then see local rowdies pulling these bikes behind cars and removing the fuel.

Frankly, Bounce ain't working if these things are happening. Time for them to organise docking zones if they want to survive.

Last edited by ajmat : 8th February 2020 at 08:18.
Old 8th February 2020, 07:50   #62
Senior - BHPian

As a true lover of automobiles, when I see someone rip apart the fairing of a scooter like that I would be deeply offended. I would want to ram that person down, or at least call take a photo and video of that goon and hand it over to the cops! Such horrible behavior, I really feel bad for the company and its vehicles while I also feel disgusted with my fellow countrymen
aravind.anand is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 08:05   #63
BHPian

It seems Bounce might be shutting down its shop.

Rushlane News Link
Old 18th April 2021, 21:22   #64
BHPian

Over the weekend, I saw quite a few abandoned Bounce bikes, including 2 at Begur Lake (1 almost intact and the second one, with its body panels almost dismantled); 1 parked on the median on the Richmond Road Flyover and one in the fast lane on the first flyover (while heading from Hebbal to the Airport).
Old 19th April 2021, 08:50   #65
Senior - BHPian

Last week while travelling to Kerala from Pune via NICE road, saw couple of Bounce scooters dumped at the shoulder of the road, inside storm water drains. Felt bad for the start up. Such services will never succeed since there is no way to monitor. We indians as a whole never respect others property. Do we ever see rental cars in well maintained condition?
rakesh_r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 20:59   #66
BANNED

Bounce scooters and rentable scooters, in general, are really abused by some of the users. I have not rented a scooter just because I see abandoned scooters every day and am never sure if it will be in a safe usable condition.

Also, it is sad to see such pathetic treatment of the scooters just because the users can get away with it.

It is not surprising Bounce is closing. Though I am not aware of the actual reason for closure, the abusive treatment, and related repairs may have played a big part.
Old 1st July 2022, 17:58   #67
BHPian

Bounce finally shuts shop in Bengaluru ?

Has Bounce Scooter rentals finally shut shop in Bengaluru ? I have been checking the app from a few days and I cannot find any scooters anywhere.

Just before the lockdowns started, I had added around 3K INR to the Bounce wallet (I was planning to use it for running regular errands.); and I still have around 2.5K remaining in the wallet.

Their customer service email is not responding; and they don't seem to have a contact number either.

Has Bounce finally shut shop on the scooter rental business ? *

Any ideas on getting the wallet balance refund ?

* I remember seeing the yellow scooters still plying on the roads even a few days ago.. and a couple of them abandoned on the E-city flyover a few weeks ago. Not sure if they are still around or they are out of the rental business.
Old 9th July 2022, 17:50   #68
BHPian

Re: Bounce finally shuts shop in Bengaluru ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotstuff View Post
... Their customer service email is not responding; and they don't seem to have a contact number either.

Has Bounce finally shut shop on the scooter rental business ? *

Any ideas on getting the wallet balance refund ?
Just an update. I raised a request through the Bounce app 'Help' options. Since there is no refund related option, I just selected 'incorrectly charged' as the option.

The Bounce folks processed a refund of the balance amount back to the source credit card.

The amount may be insignificant, but the prompt refund of the unused balance does indicate good business ethics and encourages trust in their brand*.

* Unlike the Curefit / Cultfit folks, who refuse to refund the pending balance amount, even though they shut down the preferred center I had opted for when I enrolled.
hotstuff is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed