Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2019, 08:07   #31
BHPian

Re: Ather Energy launches e-scooters in Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
This question was asked by many people including me over the last few meets and interactions I've been part of.
Thanks for sharing. I searched on Google and found this info from a June article.

Quote:
“To achieve this (sales target), we will launch multiple products in multiple segments. You can expect a launch almost every 12 months in the future.”
Quote:
It currently has one manufacturing unit, with an installed capacity of 20,000-25,000 units. “We are right now on track to reach capacity of 15,000 at our current plant very shortly. With the kind of demand that we are seeing, we will be able to service only 2-3 cities. So, we are in the midst of expanding our capacity in a pretty large way,” he said. “We are looking at a sizeable space because Ather runs battery and vehicle manufacturing both.”

Source:
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/69608022.cms
21Archer84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2019, 12:18   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Before packing the vehicle, they took an Instant photo (polaroid for easy understanding-like Xerox ) of all the owners with their rides. another nice touch!
The instant photo that was taken in Chennai was not given to us there. They told that they'd give it to us at a later date.
I received a surprise delivery yesterday form India Post and when I opened it, saw that photo neatly framed with a thank you message signed by Ather CEO Tarun Mehta...the event managers scored another point!
It is now sitting on my desk at office

Ather Energy launches e-scooters in Chennai-20190730_12102001.jpeg
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2019, 16:20   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

The weekend was well spent with some good memories and some new friends made. The event was very well organized and very well received too by the Chennai folks. The opportunity that they had in interacting with us owners will help in giving them confidence and faster adoption of Ather in specific and EVs in general.
Wow, what a great report on a wonderfully organized event. When Ather launched, I suspected that it would end up carving out a niche for itself as just an expensive alternative to the regular scooters. And that would in turn end up with most buyers keeping Ather off their radar.

But initiatives like this do wonders for building the brand as well as trust, both in the company and its products. If Ather can replicate these grass root level activities as they slowly roll out their presence across the country, they very well could be on the right path to success in the long run. Slow and steady could win them the race.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2019, 11:21   #34
Senior - BHPian

Chennai: Ather 450 deliveries begin

Ather Energy has commenced deliveries of the Ather 450 electric scooter in Chennai. Around 100 e-scooters will be delivered to customers this week along with the new compact home charger called Ather Dot.

Ather Energy launches e-scooters in Chennai-aechennaideliveryevent5.jpg

In Chennai, pre-orders for the Ather 450 opened in July 2019. The company has bookings till December 2019 and those who book now can only get their e-scooter delivered in February-March 2020.

Ather Energy launches e-scooters in Chennai-aechennaideliveryevent6.jpg

The Ather 450 is powered by a Brushless DC electric motor (BLDC) with an output of 7.2 BHP and 20.5 Nm. It comes with a 2.4 kWh lithium-ion battery that is claimed to offer of maximum range of 107 km on single charge.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed