Team-BHP - Hero MotoCorp unveils the Xtreme 200S
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Hero MotoCorp unveils the Xtreme 200S (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/208951-hero-motocorp-unveils-xtreme-200s.html)

And the cat is finally out of the bag as Hero unveils the fully-faired version of the Xtreme 200. clap:

Hero MotoCorp unveils the Xtreme 200S-img20190501wa0015.jpg

Hero MotoCorp unveils the Xtreme 200S-img20190501wa0014.jpg

Hero MotoCorp unveils the Xtreme 200S-img20190501wa0016.jpg

How do you like them apples, eh? :D

More pictures are up!

Hero MotoCorp unveils the Xtreme 200S-img20190501wa0024.jpg

Hero MotoCorp unveils the Xtreme 200S-img20190501wa0026.jpg

Hero MotoCorp unveils the Xtreme 200S-img20190501wa0027.jpg

Hero MotoCorp unveils the Xtreme 200S-img20190501wa0028.jpg

Hero MotoCorp unveils the Xtreme 200S-img20190501wa0029.jpg

Hero MotoCorp unveils the Xtreme 200S-img20190501wa0031.jpg

Enjoy! :)

Attachment 1873025

It does have a 'Knight Rider'y feel to it doesn't it?stupid:

As far as first impressions go, that large seat and tall comfortable handlebars point to a nice tourer, maybe this generation's new Karizma. The bike looks quite handsome as well. A little Robocop-ish for me given the headlights but much better than say the Pulsar RS200.

Hero MotoCorp unveils the Xtreme 200S-robocop198702.jpg

The headlamp looks like a rip off the Benelli 302 Tornado. I honestly don't get the point of a faired Xtreme. It was always supposed to be a naked sports bike. They could have spent more effort on working after a newer Karizma to keep that line-up running.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bismaya (Post 4582691)
The headlamp looks like a rip off the Benelli 302 Tornado.

Lol, finally someone else gets it! :D

Hero MotoCorp unveils the Xtreme 200S-img20190501wa0035.jpg

Hero MotoCorp unveils the Xtreme 200S-images-1.jpeg

Always been a secret admirer of the 302r, if by chance Hero had appointed sound engineers like Benelli to work on the exhaust then I'd be one of the first adopters of the 200S. clap:

Looks like a bike from GTA Vice city, hope it looks better in flesh.

My 10 year old neglected Hero Honda still runs like a charm, there is more to these machines than just number, not sure how much compromise has been made on quality to keep the cost low(hopefully none).

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashwinprakas (Post 4582709)

Am I the only one who likes this design? Looks pretty neat to me. Need to see how it looks in person.

But, again.. That fairing. I get reminded of your P220 rattles story :)

Side profile looks clean. Thankfully hero kept the sticker job for the facelifts.

Front looks are a bit meh !!

Pricing looks neat and this might sell well

I would sum it up as stagnation of technological upgradation, with nothing new to offer in the powertrain and mechanicals alike.

Very little attention is being paid to improve and upgrade their range technologically eversince HeroMotoCorp bid farewell to its once collaborator. Their commuter class bikes sell well as most prefer a reliable and economical transport from place A to B. But in the higher segments buyers are too savvy these days and may not settle for technologically non-refreshed or mediocre products.

The cosmetic touches and the new looks etc may not take them places in the long run, seeing the constant mechanical and powertrain upgradations being offered by the competition.

Was it possible for Hero to name it Karizma instead? Or was it also a Honda owned name, just like the CD and the CBZ? The Karizma name probably would have increased the buzz around the launch besides keeping up with the recent trend of bringing back iconic nameplates.

Shot me back to this memory. I still welcome the amazing value and a decently handsome faired motorcycle from the stable that bought us the Karizma.

Quote:

Originally Posted by giri1.8 (Post 4582715)
Looks like a bike from GTA Vice city, hope it looks better in flesh.

My 10 year old neglected Hero Honda still runs like a charm, there is more to these machines than just number, not sure how much compromise has been made on quality to keep the cost low(hopefully none).

I believe you're referring to the PCJ 600. PCJ is actually based on a Honda CB400 Super Four. Quality has surely deteriorate down in these years. It's evident from my 2015 Splendor's quality which has been showing issues which my dad's 25 year old CD100 never did.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashwinprakas (Post 4582709)

Always been a secret admirer of the 302r, if by chance Hero had appointed sound engineers like Benelli to work on the exhaust then I'd be one of the first adopters of the 200S. clap:

I always liked the 302 Headlamp. It wouldn't be no surprise if a Benelli engineer has joined Hero. Exhausts were never a strong point of Hero and Honda. They don't like heavy sound vehicles.

My God ! What an awful looking motorcycle. Hero has reached the extreme end of its ability to generate a decent bike.
This is one company which must have the smallest R&D budget of all. Bajaj and TVS have taken huge strides by themselves post breakup with their collaborators. Even RE has surprised everyone with their new launches but not these guys. The original Honda engines ( 100, 125, 150 cc) and frames are still doing duty on all their freshly stickered products.

Awful looking to say the least. But I think there still will be takers. Its pitted right against the Gixxer SF and the Yamaha Fazer(Face-lift coming soon). A 50cc advantage could lure some people this way, but the other two bikes look so much better than this motorcycle.