Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2019, 09:20   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Benelli Imperiale 400 spotted in India, now launched @ 1.69 lakh

After its launch, I started considering Benelli Imperiale 400 as a possible replacement of my 9 years old RE Classic 350. In photos, Benelli Imperiale 400 looks amazing. However, when I went to their showroom for a test ride, I was disappointed with the looks. It was raining in Vadodara on Sunday, so they were not offering a test ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
A capable competitor to RE's highest-selling variant 350 Classic was need of time.
IMHO, Benelli Imperiale 400 can not compete with RE Classic 350 in looks. RE Classic looks way more matured product. Benelli Imperiale 400 tried their hand in Retro style but it looks like a half baked attempt.
SJM1214 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 19:31   #32
BHPian

So having a lazy afternoon and getting off work early, I decided to go to my 3m shop for some TLC on the Ninja. Having reached the location a little earlier due to light afternoon traffic, I decided to drop in to the Benelli showroom near by, to have a look at some of the newer bikes.
Now the auto industry is reeling under one of its worst slumps, so when you enter a showroom you expected to be greeted by some enthusiastic staff. Instead a guy who looked like he had just got up from his sleep walked out. On checking out the bike, he said “ This is the Benelli Imperiale” and froze. Like an actor who forgets his lines or as if he expected me to guess the rest.
After that we moved on to the test ride and I sized the bike. The bike was pretty large, compared to say an avenger. But the design just does not work. It looked dated even by retro standards. The front reminded me of a CD Dawn Deluxe! The rare looked unique but did not gel with the rest of the bike. The seat was pretty large and should.accomodate even the largest of frame sizes easily. The riding position was nice and upright and should be perfect for commuting and the occasional highway run.
The biggest problem with the bike is it's engine. I think when Benelli decided they want to make a bike that can cruise the engineers probably heard it as snooze. You can actually take a short nap on the bike and when you wake up you would still be where you were! It's that slow. There is just nothing in the bottom end and it takes forever to get going. Once on the move it's ok. Also the quality is questionable. The speedo was shaking and rattling like crazy ( bike was only 700kms old) and the switches felt cheap. The Interceptor I rode last had 50000 on the odo and still felt much better. Also the fueling was jerky and cut in abruptly at times.I wish they had gone the whole mile and given this bike a parallel twin motor. Maybe from the TNT300 in a more relaxed state or from the Leoncino ( the next bike I rode and it left me suprised in a good way ) It would have given this bike a real character and would have been a worthy contender to take on the Interceptor. Also at 2.34 lacs on road Pune it's not exactly cheap. If you are taking a loan it's better to stretch just that little more and get the far more exciting Interceptor instead. Sure the emis will be a bit more, but then so will be the grin under your helmet visor ��
Until the next bike! Ride Safe !
Attached Thumbnails
Benelli Imperiale 400 spotted in India, now launched @ 1.69 lakh-img20191116wa0033.jpg  

Hamza123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 09:41   #33
BANNED

Benelli Imperiale 400 garners highest ever bookings response for the company in India

Benelli Imperiale 400 spotted in India, now launched @ 1.69 lakh-imperiale400_15.jpg
Benelli Imperiale 400 is a rival to the Royal Enfield Classic 350. It has generated the best initial booking response for any Benelli bike launched in India till date.
Quote:
Benelli India has received over 4000 bookings for its most affordable bike, the Imperiale 400. This has given a big sales boost for the company.

According to a company official, the motorcycle got good response since the announcement of bookings on 27th September. But there was a drastic increase in showroom footfalls and online bookings once the prices were revealed. The deliveries for the Imperiale 400 have begun across all Benelli showrooms.

The Imperiale 400 follows a classic-vintage styling with chrome highlights and blacked-out components. It features a round headlamp, teardrop-shaped fuel tank with grips, twin-pod meters, two-piece seats and spoke wheels. Benelli is offering the Imperiale 400 with the choice of three colour shades- red, silver and black. The motorcycle is powered by a 373cc single-cylinder air-cooled unit that churns out 19bhp of max power and 28Nm of peak torque and comes mated to a five-speed gearbox. The Imperiale 400 goes against the segment leader, the Royal Enfield Classic 350. While this Bennelli won’t be able to get as much sales at the Classic 350, but the Classic owners now have an option in the segment.
Source: Bikewale

Last edited by wheelguy : 3rd December 2019 at 09:47.
wheelguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 04:38   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamza123 View Post
Also at 2.34 lacs on road Pune it's not exactly cheap. If you are taking a loan it's better to stretch just that little more and get the far more exciting Interceptor instead. Sure the emis will be a bit more, but then so will be the grin under your helmet visor ��
This is what I was thinking, until I had a chance to sit on an Interceptor. The riding posture is disappointing. The handlebar is just too far, and I don't want to get into the loop of getting risers and so on. When you get risers but the footpegs are where the factory put them, it feels odd and I have felt that on other bikes I've had. Handlebar position and footpeg position go together. I sat on a Jawa too, it is much better.

Oddly enough, the best posture is still the good old Bullet. It is just spot-on. I think I will probably go with the all-new Bullet when they launch it (assuming they don't ruin the excellent ergonomics), with the Imperiale a second choice.
Old 19th January 2020, 05:22   #35
BHPian

I totally agree with you as far as the riding position on the interceptor goes. It’s not uncomfortable , but odd. I had a chance to ride one which had risers installed too and that just made it worse as it put a bit of pressure on your lower back, at least for me. You would have to modify the footpegs too, indimotard has some touring options available. That’s why after a lot of thought and deliberation I finally went in for the Thunderbird to replace my avenger as my daily runabout. The seating is just amazing on it. Also had the ninja for touring so the Interceptor as just a city bike felt like a bit of an overkill.
Old 4th February 2020, 16:33   #36
BANNED

Benelli Imperiale 400 prices hiked, increased by Rs 10,000

Benelli Imperiale 400 spotted in India, now launched @ 1.69 lakh-imperiale_400_black_india.jpg
Imperiale 400 in silver colour scheme now costs Rs 1.79 lakh, while the black colour scheme costs Rs 1.89 lakh.
Quote:
Benelli India has revised the prices of the Imperiale 400, and the retro-style motorcycle is now available at INR 1,79,500. The company states that the material costs have gone up for the Imperiale 400, which has resulted in a price increase. The Imperiale 400 was launched in India at INR 1.69 lakh. Do note that the vehicle is yet to receive BS-VI compliance, and the upgrade to comply with the latest emission norms could further affect the prices.
Source
Old 9th July 2020, 14:08   #37
Senior - BHPian

BS6 Benelli Imperiale 400 launched at Rs 1.99 lakh, comes at a hike of Rs 20,000 over its predecessor.Updated engine produces the same power and torque figures as the BS4 model.

Bookings open for Rs 6,000, with deliveries starting in the first week of August.

Benelli Imperiale 400 spotted in India, now launched @ 1.69 lakh-smartselect_20200709140731_chrome.jpg

https://www.autocarindia.com/bike-ne...99-lakh-417941
Venkatesh is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2020, 17:48   #38
BHPian

Re: Benelli Imperiale 400 prices hiked, increased by Rs 10,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
[i]
Imperiale 400 in silver colour scheme now costs Rs 1.79 lakh, while the black colour scheme costs Rs 1.89 lakh.
Did anyone notice the tyres are different in the image? Does the BS6 version come with the Pirelli sportscomps? These are the same ones as on the Interceptor.
I remember the Imperiale was launched with TVS tyres.
ishan12 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks