Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2019, 22:31   #1
Team-BHP Support

Rumour: Bajaj Pulsar AS250 small adventure bike to launch soon

As per various media reports - Bajaj is working on a small adventure tourer, likely to share the 250 cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine from the KTM Duke 250.

Quote:
Rushlane has learnt that Bajaj Auto went straight back to the drawing board after the failure of Pulsar AS in an attempt to get the concept right.

In its new avatar, the Bajaj Pulsar AS will be a quarter-liter motorcycle which would do justice to its adventure tourer classification. Unlike the original version which was essentially a semi-faired version of the Pulsar NS, the new generation model will adopt a completely fresh styling.
Source

Quote:
Bajaj Likely To Launch Adventure Spec Pulsar 250 Next Month

The upcoming adventure tourer from Bajaj will feature an advanced suspension setup with longer travel and proper dual purpose tyres.

As per our sources, Bajaj Auto is working on its own adventure touring motorcycle that will rival directly against the likes of the recently launched Hero Xpulse 200 and the popular Royal Enfield Himalayan.

Although not much detail of the upcoming motorcycle is available at this moment we can expect that the motorcycle will feature a long travel suspension, bigger 19-inch alloy wheels at the front and smaller 18-inch wheels at the rear wrapped with proper dual purpose tyres.
Source

Hope this will not be just a styling exercise as was the case with the (now discontinued) AS200. For a change, this time Bajaj could look at Hero Motocorp and learn a thing or two about designing an adventure motorcycle for the market.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 24th May 2019 at 22:35.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2019, 22:46   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rumour: Bajaj Pulsar AS250 small adventure bike to launch soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
As per various media reports - Bajaj is working on a small adventure tourer, likely to share the 250 cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine from the KTM Duke 250.

Absolute hogwash and clickbait.

1. No spy shots at all for a bike so close to launch. Pretty impossible today.
2. I don't think even KTM has a BS6 ready 250, not sure why Bajaj would launch a bs4 engine now, which they don't own.
3. Articles seem to have been placed to derail whatever little the xpulse will try and sell
4. https://www.zigwheels.com/newbikes/Bajaj/pulsar-250 where article states Feb 2020, which is usually when Bajaj will launch after the auto expo (whether they participate or not is immaterial).
5. Porting a 250 cyl engine into a pulsar ns chassis with long travel suspension is not an adventure bike. You will need a new stronger chassis to take luggage loads.
6. Bajaj has historically always launched only its bread and butter street oriented models first in every range it has.
7. Bajaj will not launch its adv model based on a ktm engine, which KTM themselves haven't! Ans definitely not before the 390 adv launch, which in itself has been going on for years, so for Bajaj to drop this bike in less than half the time, i mean really?

A 250 ns to replace the original 200ns. Yes, possible. The above news? Its mindless to discuss clickbait.

This is nothing but trying to mess with Hero. Like KTM 'S press release about the adventure during the GS310 launch.

By the way, both "original" sources above, are the absolute worst of automobile reporting in the history of automobiles. They knew nothing of reporting, and nothing automotive. We both know that TVS has banned one of them from any and all product launches innthe future.

Last edited by Red Liner : 24th May 2019 at 22:52.
Red Liner is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th May 2019, 23:02   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
The above news? Its mindless to discuss clickbait.
Agreed on the timelines! I doubt an all new adventure motorcycle could launch so soon. Next month? Would be shocked if that happens.

What we could get next month may be a new 250F, as an update to the Pulsar 220? Those have been spied since November last year. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...lsar-220f.html (Is this the next-gen Bajaj Pulsar 220F?)

However, with all the rumours - I guess we can expect something interesting from Bajaj at the Delhi Auto Expo.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2019, 23:11   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
However, with all the rumours - I guess we can expect something interesting from Bajaj at the Delhi Auto Expo.
I am the last guy who should comment on such launches here, because i do not follow any of these things in this market segment.

But i honestly feel, 2020 may see the launch of a 250 NS and its faired sibling... That abomination of a love child between the predator and the Alien which still apparently sells in the Bajaj showrooms.

Don't hold your breath for any new adventure offering. All hands on deck only for the 390 adv.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed