Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 12th August 2019, 20:02   #46
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Honda unveils Activa 125 FI BS-VI scooter

I was at Silicon Honda to check out CBR 300, overheard the sales lady saying 'discount of Rs 8000 on bikes like Hornet etc' (2019 model). Honda is struggling to sell anything other than Activa, in this tough market. I was stunned. This talk of discount from Honda is rare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Quite fishy for a Honda bike to be lying in stock from the last eight months at least(considering the bike is Dec 18 make). I think there is some reason this bike was not sold. Better avoid it. 5k is nothing if you plan to keep it for a long time.
Sebring is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2019, 19:41   #47
BHPian

Default Re: Honda unveils Activa 125 FI BS-VI scooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
Ha! Ha! So I am in good company.

If I use it everyday and if the weather is warm mine takes around 10-15 kicks in the mornings. If it is cold then 15-20 kicks. If not used for more than three days add 15 more kicks.

Compared to this, my wife's puny little Scooty Pep+ starts with one self push, no matter what the weather is. She reaches her office by the time my kicking ritual is over.
Quoting my self to keep the context. I have an update.

My Activa is 9 year old. In the first seven years, I don't remember using the kick starter. The problem came up in the last two years. Two causes I could identify.

Our office moved to far away place so I take the car. Scooter usage was mostly on weekends.
Second is I started servicing with an FNG who I am sure must have used unbranded engine oil.

A month back, I went looking for Motul engine oil but instead got a Honda branded 2 wheeler four stroke oil. Bought a tube of Castrol gear oil from a Castrol bike servicing centre.
Filled these two.

It has been a 25% improvement. After 4-5 'dead' kicks Scooter starts with the ignition on along with Choke in the next kick.
If I use it immediate next day, then it can be started with only the self start plus choke in 1-2 tries.

I will now look into fuel pump to see if it needs any attention.
Next will be removing the carb and cleaning all its components.
fordday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2019, 17:04   #48
Senior - BHPian

Default Honda Activa 125 BS-VI launched at Rs. 67,490

Honda has launched the Activa 125 BS-VI in India. Honda's first BS-VI compliant scooter is available in three variants - Standard, Alloy and Deluxe priced at Rs. 67,490, Rs. 70,990 and Rs. 74,490 (ex-showroom, Delhi) respectively.

The Honda Activa 125 FI BS-VI scooter-activa-1251.jpg

The Activa 125 comes with a new instrument cluster that has a digital readout. It displays information like distance to empty, average and real time fuel efficiency. The scooter has an external fuel filler, side stand indicator with engine inhibitor and LED headlamp with LED position lamp .

The Activa 125 is powered by a 124cc, single-cylinder engine with fuel-injection. It produces 8.18 BHP @ 6,500 rpm and 10.3 Nm @ 5,000 rpm. The scooter comes equipped with a 190 mm disc brake at the front and a 130 mm drum at the rear.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2019, 17:24   #49
BHPian

Default Re: Honda Activa 125 BS-VI launched at Rs. 67,490

We own both Activa - 5G and Activa - 125, the later's suspension is very good in negotiating speed breakers even with a pillion. Though it has new features, it is still lagging behind the TVS Ntorq in features.

But Honda is Honda, they stick to basics. And they missed a golden opportunity here.
TorqueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2019, 18:07   #50
BHPian

At Rs. 74,490 (Ex Showroom), i.e nearly Rs. 1L on road seems a very expensive proposition for what is basically a 8 bhp run around scooter. I think Honda is getting greedy & trying to get as much profit as possible from the highest selling product portfolio range. I was looking to pick up a corner store errand run around scooter but will give this a miss & maybe wait for other BS VI, FI injected ones to be launched or better still the Ather range to be launched in my city.
goswami.j is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2019, 21:41   #51
Senior - BHPian

We will wait out for Activa 6G. It has no issues, better resale and spares are easily available. Fi will be standard across range from now on.
Sebring is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2019, 09:04   #52
BHPian

Default Re: The Honda Activa 125 FI BS-VI scooter

I am in dire need of a scooter. Initially thought of waiting till April 2020 but the existing one is almost dead. Had been to Honda showroom and was gobsmacked by the prices. Existing BS IV Activa 124 is almost 84K on road. Almost 1L for BS VI scooter. NO wonder sales are going down.

Very confused to see the so called auto decline scenario in person. I was in the showroom with wife. We were ready to buy it that day itself. BUt shockingly there was no interest to sell any vehicle. They were so busy in their own world. The sales guy was not interested to explain anything in detail. He just quoted on road prices. Not even a penny of discount offered. Even after I had stated that I was ready to immediately with no finance option. When I mentioned that I want to have a look at prices for BS VI, he mentioned to me that the BS VI will be at least 10-11K more than existing price of 84K. When I asked about booking, he said he cannot take booking without it being announced which I thought was fair. While leaving he did not even ask for a contact number. When I asked for his contact, he gave me a card and told me to call after 2 days preferably in the afternoon session. Is this how sales guy behave when they are going through a crisis?
RaghuVis is online now   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2019, 19:45   #53
Senior - BHPian

Scooter has not reached dealerships in Bangalore. We can expect to see by end of the month, and TD will be in November - I was told. Sales guy was prodding me to book without seeing or test riding. Silly fellow. LOL. Meanwhile, TVS NTORQ has got some interesting updates, so looking at that as well.
Sebring is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2019, 09:55   #54
Senior - BHPian

Despite having a happy Activa for 15 years, I really wish Honda gets some serious competitors to knock their Activa from the top of the chart for their sheer arrogance attitude.

1. They want folks to book vehicle without even having one on display (they didn't do this even for CBR 250R back in 2011). They didn't give TD for C250R, yet they had one in display before accepting official booking
2. They would deduct Rs 100 for refund, which is damn ridiculous
3. Book a Fi model now & get it delivered after 2 months & they're behaving like this at this time of the year.

BTW, their stockyard is flooded with Dio like mad, seriously, like mad. we counted like some 50+ Dio parked right outside the small showroom & I'm sure their stockyard must have even more. So the Fi is like bonus or teaser sales & that's they're arrogant probably; and no sign of Aviator or Gracia
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote