Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2019, 18:04   #1
BHPian

22 Kymco reveals 3 scooters for India

22 KYMCO has revealed 3 new scooters for India. iFlow electric scooter and two petrol scooters, Like 200 and the X-Town 300i maxi scooter. Really surprised and happy to see the Maxi scooter being considered. Hope other manufacturers like Honda and Yamaha bring in at least their respective 155 cc PCX and X-Max soon.

Quote:
22 KYMCO has revealed three new scooters in India. One of the models is the updated iFlow electric scooter (Rs 90,000), while the other two, the Like 200 (Rs 1.30 lakh) and X-Town 300i (Rs 2.30 lakh) are petrol-powered models. The scooters will go on sale in India in September 2019.

The company will commence sales in six cities – New Delhi, Bengaluru, Pune, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Ahmedabad, where it aims to debut with 14 dealers. Over the next three years, it plans to set up a pan-India dealership network with 300 touch points.

Allen KO, chairman of 22 KYMCO, announced setting up a manufacturing plant in Bhiwadi, Haryana with an initial production capacity of 1 lakh units. While the iFlow will be manufactured in India, the Like 200 and X-Town 300i will be imported as SKD (semi-knocked down) units. That said, the iFlow is not completely Indian as components like the battery and motor are imported from China.

In addition to the launches, the company has also revealed plans to set up its charging network (IONEX) across India. 22 KYMCO said that each city will have 40 IONEX charge points, as the company said this will ‘make e-mobility a more cost efficient and practical option’.

22 KYMCO iFlow

The iFlow is an updated version of the Twenty Two Motors Flow that was unveiled at the Auto Expo 2018. Its feature list includes regenerative braking, cloud connectivity, Reverse, Cruise and Drag (for riding at a slow crawl, in case of a situation like a puncture) riding modes, hill assist, app-based smart functions, all-LED lights and CBS. Its electric motor produces maximum power of 2100W and this gives the scooter a claimed top speed of 60kph. The iFlow also has disc brakes at either end. It is available in six colours.

The scooter will be sold without batteries and KYMCO supplies these as a leased system, which means you never have to worry about degrading batteries over time. Leasing costs Rs 500 per battery per month and the scooter can carry up to two batteries. With a single battery, range is an ARAI certified at 40km, which doubles if you chose to use two batteries. The company tells us that leasing contract will also cover all service costs. The scooter comes with a 5 year warranty.

22 KYMCO Like 200

According to the company, the Like 200 is a retro-modern scooter that the company claims will be ideal for daily commutes. Interestingly, the scooter shown at the unveiling wasn’t the Like 200, but was the international-spec Like 150. 22 KYMCO said that the Like 200 will be similar when it comes to the styling and features, but will use an all-new 163cc engine in place of the 150cc one unit. We expect the company to reveal more details closer to the launch.

22 KYMCO X-Town 300i

The X-Town 300i uses a 276cc, fuel-injected, two-valve, single-cylinder engine that makes 24.5hp and 25Nm. This motor comes paired to a CVT. The X-Town is a maxi-scooter and will be the only one of its kind at its price. The huge scooter has a claimed dry weight of 181kg and a fuel tank capacity of 12.5 litres; these figures are higher than those of similar capacity motorcycles. The scooter also gets disc brakes at either end, and uses a 120/80-14 tyre at the front and 150/70-13 tyre at the rear. It is fitted with ABS too.

All prices estimated, on-road, Delhi.
Source

Note to Mods: Please merge the thread if a similar one already exists or delete if not appropriate.
jayguar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th June 2019, 09:57   #2
BHPian

Re: 22 Kymco reveals 3 scooters for India

X- Town 300i looks exciting. Finally we are getting a proper maxi scooter.
But at this price point and from an unknown brand, it will be a hard sell.
shashant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2019, 11:13   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashant View Post
X- Town 300i looks exciting. Finally we are getting a proper maxi scooter.
But at this price point and from an unknown brand, it will be a hard sell.
It definitely won't be selling in big numbers. The price seem to be reasonable considering other International brands.

For people who are unaware of KYMCO, its a 55 year old brand based in Taiwan. Its currently the fifth largest scooter manufacturer worldwide. It manufactured scooters for Honda, and also supplied engines to BMW.
Old 8th September 2019, 22:56   #4
BHPian

Anybody has any update on Kymco. Last I heard that they were launching in September.

No response to email sent to their official email ID.

I am looking to buy ABS equipped scooter which is not aprilia or vespa.

on a different note:-

Wonder why govt has not made ABS mandatory for all the two wheelers like they have done ABS and airbags for all the cars.
Old 9th September 2019, 17:51   #5
BHPian

Same here
Waiting for the X-Town 300i to launch.
I feel the slowdown in the Industry has something to do with the silence.
If that is the case my 2cents
22Kymco shouldn't worry, their offering is unique they should go ahead with the business.
In fact the slowdown may give this new company enough time and space to setup shops at their own pace.
Old 9th September 2019, 19:27   #6
BHPian

There is absolutely no update from 22 KYMCO after their promotions in July. Their website asks for dealership and energy station partners. Currently there is no information on if there are any dealerships or energy stations selected. They might want to build the charging infrastructure for the iFlow before launching.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks