Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2019, 14:55   #61
BHPian

Re: Which motorcycle? Commuter on weekdays, Cruiser on weekends

Did you finally buy the bike Sachin? If you still haven't, then I would highly recommend that you take a long TD of the apache 200. I've had it for the past year, done around 13k kms as of now, and have no complaints whatsoever. My daily office ride is 18 kms and the most I've ridden in a day is 500 kms (working on a separate thread for that). In both scenarios the bike performs really well.
jomson13 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th December 2019, 09:32   #62
BHPian

I finally bought a Gixxer 250 naked.
Ownership review coming soon

Having said that, let this thread not end. I believe this debate needs to go on, and with new bikes coming in, there will be enough and more to discuss here.

Last edited by sachinnair : 15th December 2019 at 09:34.
sachinnair is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th December 2019, 09:54   #63
BHPian

Congratulations on the Gixxer 250! Wish you many happy miles.

I haven't seen a naked 250 in Hyderabad yet, I have seen few SFs but not a single naked. Eagerly waiting for your review.
Old 16th December 2019, 14:24   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinnair View Post
Congratulations Sachin. I thought the pillion seat in GXR250 is not usable. Please give your review. How's the seating position and the overall city riding comfort? Eagerly awaiting your review.
Old 22nd December 2019, 09:31   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravradha View Post
Congratulations Sachin. I thought the pillion seat in GXR250 is not usable. Please give your review. How's the seating position and the overall city riding comfort? Eagerly awaiting your review.
Thanks.

This bike is not made for pillion riding. The pillion seat is basically a cover for the underseat glove box

I rode pillion once, and a colleague rode pillion once on my bike. I had my apprehensions, but its quite okay for short rides. My colleague also rode along for about 5 km. He did not have any major discomfort.

As for overall city comfort, the bike is quite easy to ride in the city. Decent power, easy to maneuver. I'm writing the ownership review (thread under construction in the Assembly line). Read all about it there.
sachinnair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2019, 10:26   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
One word: Dominar.

City commuter during the week. Comprehensive mile muncher over weekends with good ergonomics for long hours in the saddle and an engine that's capable of munching miles at a good clip.
Quote:

Having said that, let this thread not end. I believe this debate needs to go on, and with new bikes coming in, there will be enough and more to discuss here.
Congratulations on the Gixxer - Suzuki makes genuinely lovely bikes and I hope you have a great time on your new steed.

To your point of the debate continuing and to my suggesting a Dominar to people who may be taking a similar decision, this review by BHPian @mohansrides is a fabulous and comprehensive read. Its relevant for just plain non Dominar specific riding stuff as well but really does give a thorough insight into owning a Dominar by someone who has truly put some comprehensive miles in the saddle.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...r-400-a-2.html
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2019, 12:03   #67
BHPian

Congratulations Sachin. Great choice in going for the Gixxer250. looking forward to your ownership thread.
MadRasTan4986 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2019, 12:48   #68
BHPian

While the looks are polarizing, the Intruder is a bike that fits the bill between a comfy commuter and a hungry Highway ride in my experience. I've had it for just over a year, clocked nearly 5k kms and the lowest knol I've got in Bglr traffic (Whitefield to Indiranagar, for those who really want to know) in 38. It's gone up to 44 when I time my commute right. On the highway, I've gone as high as 85 (not comfy going higher) but the acceleration has always been effortless, and the engine feels like it could easily cross 3 digits without breaking into a sweat.

I've been intending to put up a LTOR on the Intruder for a while, but never really managed to get around to it because I would rather take Po (that's his name) out for a spin whenever I get the time.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 23rd December 2019 at 12:58. Reason: spacing for improved readability
ChevyTeddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2019, 17:57   #69
Senior - BHPian

Seeking suggestions.

Should we sell a 12 year old bike or hold on to it as it's 15 years registration will expire in next 3 years and probably we won't be allowed to renew the registration as BS-VI kicks in? Or will we be allowed to renew the registration? Running is pretty low at 100-150kms a month max. Used only for local errands (vegetable shopping/ATM). In last 1 year did only ~1500kms. Serviced once a year & all electronics work fine.

Bike is in good condition. 2007 RTR 160. In a recent breakfast ride (70kms only) managed to touch triple digits with pillion, although took its own sweet time. Here it is

Which motorcycle? Commuter on weekdays, Cruiser on weekends-img_20191215_113638.jpg

TIA
Old 23rd December 2019, 18:30   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Seeking suggestions.

Should we sell a 12 year old bike or hold on to it as it's 15 years registration will expire in next 3 years and probably we won't be allowed to renew the registration as BS-VI kicks in? Or will we be allowed to renew the registration? Running is pretty low at 100-150kms a month max. Used only for local errands (vegetable shopping/ATM). In last 1 year did only ~1500kms. Serviced once a year & all electronics work fine.

Bike is in good condition. 2007 RTR 160. In a recent breakfast ride (70kms only) managed to touch triple digits with pillion, although took its own sweet time. Here it is

TIA
Please hold on to it. I'm sure they will allow RC renewals for BS4 vehicles. Its a brilliant bike, would be a pity to let it go.

Quote:

Congratulations on the purchase Sachin. On my recent ride to hampi I met a guy who was going from mumbai to kerala on his Gixxer SF. haven't seen a naked one yet so looking forward to your ownership review.

NOTE FROM SUPPORT - Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here (How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP).

Please quote only the relevant bits of a post.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 24th December 2019 at 18:05. Reason: Mod note attached.
jomson13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 08:53   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomson13 View Post
Please hold on to it. I'm sure they will allow RC renewals for BS4 vehicles. Its a brilliant bike, would be a pity to let it go.
BS4 started in India only around 2010 IIRC. This must be a BS-3(2007 model). The bike is working just fine for the limited usage it sees & I have no reason to sell it, except ofcourse for this 15 year LTT expiry. Can someone confirm if registration renewal would be allowed once 15 years completes for BS3 vehicles?
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2020, 12:37   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRasTan4986 View Post
Congratulations Sachin. Great choice in going for the Gixxer250. looking forward to your ownership thread.
It's finally up on the site

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...xer-250-a.html (Review: My Suzuki Gixxer 250)
sachinnair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2020, 13:49   #73
BHPian

Quote:
BS4 started in India only around 2010 IIRC. This must be a BS-3(2007 model). The bike is working just fine for the limited usage it sees & I have no reason to sell it, except ofcourse for this 15 year LTT expiry. Can someone confirm if registration renewal would be allowed once 15 years completes for BS3 vehicles?

Few months back I got FC of my 2004 model Bajaj eliminator (current avenger) without any problem. I'm sure that was before BS2 right?
girishv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2020, 14:46   #74
BANNED

Quote:
BS4 started in India only around 2010 IIRC.
My 2017 Bajaj CT100B is BS3.

BS4 mandate was enforced from mid of 2017.

Me being the fool I am didn't even ask for discounts!
Old 19th January 2020, 09:22   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
BS4 mandate was enforced from mid of 2017.
For bikes , yes. My statement was more on lines of when BS IV actually entered our shores. For cars it started around 2010. My 2010 Estilo was BS IV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Few months back I got FC of my 2004 model Bajaj eliminator (current avenger) without any problem. I'm sure that was before BS2 right?
Currently things are not so stringent. But going forward the way things are moving you never know if they force us to scrap anything but BS VI. Hence the doubt, will we be allowed to re-register BS-2/3 vehicles post BS-VI kicks in? Guess post April 2020 we will get the answer

Last edited by SoumenD : 19th January 2020 at 09:27.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks