Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2007, 10:39   #31
Senior - BHPian

I am a 'two-Fiat' owner too. And I will be willing to take in the third Fiat like RX-135 also. But I am more worried about our roads now. With great power comes great responsibility. Hmmm ....
Old 16th February 2007, 11:15   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
I am a 'two-Fiat' owner too. And I will be willing to take in the third Fiat like RX-135 also. But I am more worried about our roads now. With great power comes great responsibility. Hmmm ....
I wonder if its a characteristic. Because my friend also owns 2 Yamahas, RX135, RXZ and a 2006 Palio 1.2 Sport. And he is extremely passionate about all.
Old 16th February 2007, 12:21   #33
Senior - BHPian

Yeah. I traded in my RXZ for an RX-135 5-speed after I was busted by a CBZ in the straight. Could kill the CBZ on the curves but I wanted more power and hence the move to the 5-speed. Too bad that was the last two stroke gem from Yamaha. And when I had to go for a car it had to be the 1.6 Fiat engine. And yes I am passionate about both too. As is RX. Too bad we guys fall for the bad girls (in terms of machines).
Old 16th February 2007, 12:23   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
But Bajaj has proved that it is not necessary to sacrifice those extra 10kmpl to have some riding fun. Its mass market riding fun, but its still fun.
You got a valid point. I have driven Pulsar 180 and CBZ, but they never appealed to me as much. Let me know explain.

5-6 years back, I used to drive my friend's Splendor a lot. I used to like it for its fantastic suspension and hated my RX for the same. (BTW, Splendor is really a good bike, comfortable and refined one). But, the moment I used to switch back to RX, I used to realize what I was missing Same is the case with Pulsar and CBZ.
Old 16th February 2007, 13:17   #35
Senior - BHPian

*Sigh*. Guess I will never understand Yamaha/Fiat lovers passion. Even my cousin brother was crazy about his Rx100. (Which,btw, was flicked from his home last month,and he hasnt taken it well.Anybody sees a black RX100 abandoned on the roads/police stations anywhere, can you please PM me?).
Old 16th February 2007, 13:41   #36
Senior - BHPian

@sajo, the only worthy competitor to RX was Shogun and that's about it. Those, who have used it, will know what I mean.

On second thoughts, I am just old fashioned among this younger lot.

Last edited by RX135 : 16th February 2007 at 13:43.
Old 16th February 2007, 14:58   #37
nbr
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
@sajo, the only worthy competitor to RX was Shogun and that's about it. Those, who have used it, will know what I mean.

On second thoughts, I am just old fashioned among this younger lot.
i agree with you. and among the 2 , its the RX to go for.
Old 22nd February 2007, 17:42   #38
BHPian

I own a 135 5 speed and still I love it just because of the feel I get when we drive it. I was using it with a 1mm port and opened exhausts. Had a K&N too. Removed most of the plastic parts for better performance. Performance was better than any other bike in India. (pls guys I am not trying to argue with anyone else. I know a stock 135 can be easily beated by a 180 or zma. But I am talking about a ported one and especially 5 speed.)
But I get just 22kmpl and I can't use it for everyday needs. So I also own a 150 dts-i for daily usage
Old 23rd February 2007, 03:22   #39
BHPian

Quote:
I was using it with a 1mm port and opened exhausts.
Could you please elaborate?
Old 27th February 2007, 22:51   #40
BHPian

great bike!!!

guy's i think the bike looks great! talk about the projector headlamp,the front forks,gas shoks,underseat exhaust which resemble to a '04,'05 R1,alloy foot peg's,engine cover,a tach. which resembles that of a R1 in more than one way...phew!!! if the pictures are exactly how the bike is going to look,this is goin to be another step ahead in Indian motorcycle industry.our Indian bike scenario really looks bright then,also thanks bikes like pulsar DTS-Fi for gettin first technologies like self cancelling turn indicators,illuminated handle bar indicators which happen to be for the first in two wheeler's in the world.way to go 2007!!!
Old 28th February 2007, 12:13   #41
BHPian

I do hope the 165cc gladiator retains the inverted front shocks as shown in the expo!! that will be another first for the indian market..
Old 28th February 2007, 12:26   #42
BHPian

wHAT u see is not what u get atleast in the case of YAMAHA, so lets wait and see if they are really gonna launch it, by the way the other day i read abt Yamaha thinking of closing its sales in INDIA

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks