Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2019, 14:24   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Major battery issue with the BMW G 310 R and GS! BMW Motorrad India is unresponsive

It's been over 40 days, "we will look into it" has never seen any light till date. Meanwhile, we see a lot of battery, alternator issues reported on the global forums, also some of the riders giving up and buying another bike for a trouble free experience. Looks like Motorrad does not even care to respond, the attitude of "I haven't seen anything" continues. How long ? Before you lose every possible sale in India ?
Old 1st October 2019, 08:31   #32

Re: Major battery issue with the BMW G 310 R and GS! BMW Motorrad India is unresponsive

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
It's been over 40 days, "we will look into it" has never seen any light till date. Meanwhile, we see a lot of battery, alternator issues reported on the global forums, also some of the riders giving up and buying another bike for a trouble free experience. Looks like Motorrad does not even care to respond, the attitude of "I haven't seen anything" continues. How long ? Before you lose every possible sale in India ?

I was looking at buying the G310R. But having read the user reviews, a bit confused now.
Would any of the bikers kindly advice on what would be a better choice in a sub 4 lakh budget, for city ride, low on weight, easy maneuverability, good pickup and proven reliability. Did I ask for too much :-)
Old 1st October 2019, 10:02   #33
BHPian

Major battery issue with the BMW G 310 R and GS! BMW Motorrad India is unresp...

Quote:
Originally Posted by navy68 View Post
I was looking at buying the G310R. But having read the user reviews, a bit confused now.
Would any of the bikers kindly advice on what would be a better choice in a sub 4 lakh budget, for city ride, low on weight, easy maneuverability, good pickup and proven reliability. Did I ask for too much :-)

If you want a bike just for cutting city traffic why do you want to spend 4 lacs? If you want exclusivity get the MT-15. It is quick(with slipper clutch), reliable, weighs just 138 kgs (remove the saree guard and it will become even lighter) and has excellent manoeuvrability.
If you want a more powerful naked get the CB300R. Again a great city tool. It weighs 10 kgs more than the MT-15 but is much more powerful as well.
Old 1st October 2019, 10:08   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The Honda 300 sounds perfect for your usage. It is a premium motorcycle and it ticks all your boxes. The EVM Honda dealer at Janatha is the one that deals with the big Hondas.
Old 1st October 2019, 10:50   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Before you lose every possible sale in India ?
Heard from friends that the attitude of BMW Motorrad service towards 310R and 310GS customers have turned very bad, in general. Like a visible difference in treatment when a 310 guy walks in for service, as compared to a 850/1250 GS customer.

Any truth in these allegations of step-motherly treatment from BMW?

PS: Even received forwards in biking groups (Hoping you can confirm) that 310 owners have started seeking help from TVS service centers for regular service instead.

Major battery issue with the BMW G 310 R and GS! BMW Motorrad India is unresponsive-whatsapp-image-20190925-12.26.13.jpeg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 1st October 2019 at 10:58. Reason: Removed owner name from screenshot
Old 1st October 2019, 11:01   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
If you want a bike just for cutting city traffic why do you want to spend 4 lacs? If you want exclusivity get the MT-15. It is quick(with slipper clutch), reliable, weighs just 138 kgs (remove the saree guard and it will become even lighter) and has excellent manoeuvrability.
If you want a more powerful naked get the CB300R. Again a great city tool. It weighs 10 kgs more than the MT-15 but is much more powerful as well.
Thank you. Checked out the CB300R. Delivery is currently pegged for January for the black one. So the dilemma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
The Honda 300 sounds perfect for your usage. It is a premium motorcycle and it ticks all your boxes. The EVM Honda dealer at Janatha is the one that deals with the big Hondas.
Thanks a lot, have visited them. Delivery is an issue, not prior January.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 1st October 2019 at 11:27. Reason: Please avoid dotty posts. Corrected this time, but in future posts will be deleted.
Old 1st October 2019, 11:09   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Heard from friends that the attitude of BMW Motorrad service towards 310R and 310GS customers have turned very bad, in general. Like a visible difference in treatment when a 310 guy walks in for service, as compared to a 850/1250 GS customer...
Although I don't have a personal experience to share, many in my group complain the same !! Its natural for a brand to act 'helpless' that was only dealing with 10 lakhs+ price range bikes all these years and all on a sudden they have 100s of 'cattle-class' poppin in and out of their service 24/7, carrying the same logo

They have only one choice to sustain the market, thats by expanding their service network and increasing the present spaces available. Bangalore has a very tight space, service being on the 2nd floor, every bike being lifted up mechanically and hardly any space to park more than 5 at a time. Its like running a wedding party in a coffee shop

Last edited by shajufx : 1st October 2019 at 11:11.
shajufx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 11:53   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Duke 390 / Duke 250 sound like perfect bikes for you. Light, manouverable, ample power and pretty reliable by now.
Old 1st October 2019, 12:52   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. Checked out the CB300R. Delivery is currently pegged for January for the black one. So the dilemma.

Is the red one available sooner?
Old 1st October 2019, 15:41   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Duke 390 / Duke 250 sound like perfect bikes for you. Light, manouverable, ample power and pretty reliable by now.
Too old for that kind of bike. A retro or naked like the g310r is what interests me. Thanks for the suggestion though. Much appreciated.
Old 1st October 2019, 15:44   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
Is the red one available sooner?
Yes sir! Almost off the shelf as I understand. But the black/grey looks more pleasing.
Old 8th October 2019, 12:37   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Too old for that kind of bike. A retro or naked like the g310r is what interests me. Thanks for the suggestion though. Much appreciated.
There are 100s of 310R owners who are happy with their machines and enjoying every moment of ride. I am happy and I feel lucky not to have issues that are reported by others. When we ride as a group and interact in groups, we can't ignore what some are facing. But I would not take it as a generalised reason not to love this machine.

I think you should just go ahead with your decision on 310R, you will be happier with the present discounts going on. It's a steal. And pray you don't face any issues in the future. That applies to any brand or make anyway.

Mechanical or battery issues mentioned in forums are not something serious, these are simple things which a brand should deal with, in a professional manner. Thats where Motorrad India has failed and hope they learn to keep up with the expectations. If the service centres are accommodating, then I would call it a pleasant ownership experience. As far as all India feedbacks are concerned, Kochi centre is far ahead of others in keeping customers happy
shajufx is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2019, 14:17   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Its natural for a brand to act 'helpless' that was only dealing with 10 lakhs+ price range bikes all these years and all on a sudden they have 100s of 'cattle-class' poppin in and out of their service 24/7, carrying the same logo

Those are very demeaning words. I hope you are not implying that a common man is not worthy of purchase of a BMW with their hard earned money. It is certainly not natural for any manufacturer (much less a brand like BMW) to act 'helpless' if the mistake was on their part in not being able to set up proper after-sales service when deciding to launch a mass-market low-budget premium bikes.
itisravi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2019, 17:24   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisravi View Post
Those are very demeaning words...
Please... get the irony in his post

He himself is the owner of this "cattle class" machine

Urban_Nomad is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th October 2019, 18:08   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisravi View Post
Those are very demeaning words. I hope you are not implying that a common man is not worthy of purchase of a BMW with their hard earned money......
This thread is all about the common man and how he is taken for a ride by the so-called premium brand. Before commenting, read the thread well, I also have an ownership report in this forum, take your time to read it. Nothing is written here without a reason or a proof. We have no time for arguments or debates as it does not serve any purpose to the actual owners
shajufx is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed