Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2020, 18:59   #91
BHPian

Re: Major battery issue with the BMW G 310 R and GS! BMW Motorrad India is unresponsive

Hello all,

I have been considering buying a bike since quite some time (link (Lack of parking space inspired a midlife crisis. What motorcycle should I buy?)) and finally zeroed down on BMW 310R. Seems to be ticking all my boxes.

Just wanted to check with the members if this issue is now fixed in the 2020 BS6 version. Are there any reports of this (or any other issue) in general?
shifu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 19:27   #92
Senior - BHPian

Re: Major battery issue with the BMW G 310 R and GS! BMW Motorrad India is unresponsive

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Just wanted to check with the members if this issue is now fixed in the 2020 BS6 version. Are there any reports of this (or any other issue) in general?
All the lights are turned into LEDs, major worry in the previous version was halogen low beam acting as DRL, which we assume caused a lot of battery drain. We have a document maintained within the group on number of battery issues, I assume it was always less than 10% of the owners had battery issues !!
shajufx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2020, 19:49   #93
BHPian

I had a disappointing conversation with the dealer at Hyd. I was ready to pay Rs 20k as the booking amount when I got the shocker - this is non refundable! So if I pay the booking amount and they don't keep their promise of delivering in a month, I am at their mercy.

Is this practice across all BMW dealers? I turned a blind eye to Rs 10k that they are collecting as handling charges because I need the bike, but this is pushing it a bit too much now.
shifu is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks