Team-BHP - KTM 250 Adventure, launched at Rs. 2.48 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   KTM 250 Adventure, launched at Rs. 2.48 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/212668-ktm-250-adventure-launched-rs-2-48-lakhs-4.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoumenD (Post 4942159)
I didn’t know Hyderabad taxes are so low compared to Bangalore. He mentioned on road Hyderabad is 2.84L. In Bangalore we need to pay around 45-50k more(3.3-3.4L)

I have been to 2 showrooms. Not available in Bengaluru as yet.

Bikewale.com does not feature the prices yet.

3.3 on road in KA will be shocker. I am hoping it will be 3.05 ish

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mafia (Post 4942308)
I have been to 2 showrooms. Not available in Bengaluru as yet.

Bikewale.com does not feature the prices yet.

3.3 on road in KA will be shocker. I am hoping it will be 3.05 ish

Well adv390 with exshowroom 3.04L is 3.97 on road. So I expect this to be around 60-65k cheaper which brings it to around 3.3/3.4L at best. Let’s see

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoumenD (Post 4942330)
Well adv390 with ex-showroom 3.04L is 3.97 on road. So I expect this to be around 60-65k cheaper which brings it to around 3.3/3.4L at best. Let’s see

I did some proportional math calculations. The proportional difference between the KTM 390(INR 258,234 ex) and the 390 Adv(INR 304372) is the same as the KTM 250(INR 209,408) and the 250 Adv(INR 248,000).

According to some more guesstimating the on-road in Bangalore will be INR 318,000 stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mafia (Post 4942359)
According to some more guesstimating the on-road in Bangalore will be INR 318,000

I got my 390 for 2.41 L on road, four years back. Price hikes by KTM and sky high Karnataka taxes, I can't even think of spending 3.2 lacs on a 250 cc bike. :eek:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ast.ggn (Post 4942683)
I got my 390 for 2.41 L on road, four years back. Price hikes by KTM and sky high Karnataka taxes, I can't even think of spending 3.2 lacs on a 250 cc bike. :eek:

Madness. I agree.

Even international reviews are saying that the 390s have lost the VFM tag. With their dollars and euros no less.

The best way to own a KTM now is being the second owner. :)

The problem with other nakeds in that cubic capacity is that they are either overclad or anemic motored. Think Suzuki for the former, Honda for the latter, and Yamaha for both former and latter.

Cheers, Doc

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mafia (Post 4942359)
I did some...

Finally got a quote today from Langford KTM. The OTR price in Bangalore is 3,13,799INR. So around 84k cheaper than 390 adventure. Thanks to the tax structure here it’s around 25-30k dearer here compared to Hyderabad/Mumbai :deadhorse
KTM 250 Adventure, launched at Rs. 2.48 lakhs-a81485bcbea64047a15dddcd4b587b2d.jpeg

Bangalore OTR for adv bikes are :

1.5L(XPULSE 200), 2.4L(Himalayan), 3.13L(250 adventure), 3.65L(GS310), 3.97L(390 adventure).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Liner (Post 4941220)
I think the 200 was the best combination of motor, frame, and general appeal as a daily driver to make it one of the best in the KTM lineup. Does it remind people of the legendary 690 single?

I have a feeling it does.

I once got a chance to ride the 200 and my 390 back to back through some very twisty ghat sections in Karnataka. After riding the 390 the 200 felt almost telepathic in the way it carved through corners! It had sharp turn-in and kept its line with minimal fuss while the 390 was understeering and needed more lean angle and I had to shift more weight on the insides to make the corner. It's a no-brainer though, that chassis was primarily designed for the 200 and the 390/250 were afterthoughts and it shows. Think the 200 had a perfect central weight distribution and 390 with the heavier engine is more front biased which causes it to understeer.

But once you step into the 4-lane droneways the 390 starts to make sense. 390 is a good all-rounder while the 200 is a one trick pony (albeit a good trick) :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitro.1000bhp (Post 4943544)
I once got a chance to ride the 200 and my 390 back to back through some very twisty ghat sections in Karnataka. After riding the 390 the 200 felt almost telepathic in the way it carved through corners! It had sharp turn-in and kept its line with minimal fuss while the 390 was understeering and needed more lean angle and I had to shift more weight on the insides to make the corner. It's a no-brainer though, that chassis was primarily designed for the 200 and the 390/250 were afterthoughts and it shows. Think the 200 had a perfect central weight distribution and 390 with the heavier engine is more front biased which causes it to understeer.

But once you step into the 4-lane droneways the 390 starts to make sense. 390 is a good all-rounder while the 200 is a one trick pony (albeit a good trick) :)

The 200 is a proper street fighter in the RX 100 mode. A small thing like the more compact handlebar, without the guards, makes a big difference to the feel when riding "enthusiastically" through the city streets. The cockpit just "feels" better.

Cheers, Doc

Awaiting a good review from reliable channels on the bike.

Most freelance reviews agree that the bike is smooth and flickable.

Basic off road reviews are positive. The seat height seems to be manageable. Can clarify only on a test ride.

Has anyone managed a test ride so far

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mafia (Post 4944971)

Basic off road reviews are positive. The seat height seems to be manageable. Can clarify only on a test ride.

The 390 Adv itself is very flickable. I liked it's punch and dynamics a lot more than the new 390 Duke. Both courtesy our resident mile muncher rb2399.

So I don't see any reason why the 250 shouldn't feel the same. Though it's definitely going to disappoint on the punch for those used to the 390.

Cheers, Doc

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mafia (Post 4944971)

Somehow none of the channels seem to have got hold of the bike till now. It’s only the individual youtubers picking it up from showrooms. But then nowadays every tom, dick & harry with a mobile and go-pro is a reviewer lol:

Having said that the more I compare this to its elder sibling, lesser sense it makes. I mean for 56k more(exshowroom) you really get a lot more bike (~50% more power, that beautiful console and a lot more safety tech). I wonder why would anyone get this over the 390adv. Even the weight and seat height is almost similar.

Or maybe launching this at the higher price was KTM’s play to make 390adv look more VFM? Heck the lacklustre launch and no media reports after almost 3 weeks kind of shows even KTM doesn’t care much about this iteration :deadhorse

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoumenD (Post 4954878)
Somehow none of the channels seem to have got hold of the bike till now. It’s only the individual youtubers picking it up from showrooms. But then nowadays every tom, dick & harry with a mobile and go-pro is a reviewer lol:

That is the feeling I am getting too.

Why launch a product and kind of ignore it?

The reason I am considering the 250 adventure is because I feel the 390 is simply too much.

And as a stand alone product it still holds some merit. With crazy taxes in KA the onroad difference in price with the 390 is nearly 80k.

I am getting back on a bike after 10 years. My benchmark of performance is low due to RE usage stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mafia (Post 4955401)

The reason I am considering the 250 adventure is because I feel the 390 is simply too much.

And as a stand alone product it still holds some merit. With crazy taxes in KA the onroad difference in price with the 390 is nearly 80k.

I am getting back on a bike after 10 years. My benchmark of performance is low due to RE usage stupid:

A very close friend of mine swayed similarly by a lot of internet riders and their pearls of wisdom thought that the 250 would be perfect because the 390 would be too much.

All my advice to the contrary later he bought the 250 for riding in the mountains around Gangtok.

Then Rishikesh.

Now after having barely ridden the bike (he's a RX100 rider from college days, the blue one I had posted elsewhere) he's passing it on to his elder brother and buying a 390.

Cheers, Doc

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mafia (Post 4955401)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebonho (Post 4955437)
A very close friend of mine swayed similarly by a lot of internet riders and their pearls of wisdom thought that the 250 would be perfect because the 390 would be too much.

All my advice to the contrary later he bought the 250 for riding in the mountains around Gangtok.

Then Rishikesh.

Now after having barely ridden the bike (he's a RX100 rider from college days, the blue one I had posted elsewhere) he's passing it on to his elder brother and buying a 390.

Cheers, Doc

+1 to this. agree:

@Mafia: For that extra 80k you get way more stuff. Totally worth the dough and some more if you ask me

2020 KTM 250 Adventure reviews

https://youtu.be/ckdUbzgekEQ

https://youtu.be/k2JrOf3_Ruk

https://youtu.be/rkscunmyXuc

https://youtu.be/ZVXRPcQiggI