Team-BHP - Honda Activa 125 BS-VI specs leaked
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Honda Activa 125 BS-VI specs leaked (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/212920-honda-activa-125-bs-vi-specs-leaked.html)

The BS-VI compliant Honda Activa 125 was unveiled in June 2019. Now, the scooter's engine specifications and dimensions have been leaked online.

Honda Activa 125 BS-VI specs leaked-hondaactiva125bsviregulatoryfiling688e.jpg

According to the leaked document, the Activa 125 BS-VI measures 1,850 mm in length, 707 mm in width, 1,170 mm in height and has a wheelbase of 1,260 mm. It is slightly longer, wider and taller than the old version.

The Activa 125 is likely to be powered by a 124cc, single-cylinder engine that makes 8.18 BHP @ 6,500 rpm, which is slightly lower than the BS-IV compliant Activa 125.

The Activa 125 is expected to be offered with optional alloy wheels and a disc brake at the front.

Source: Indian Autos Blog

Link to Team-BHP News

Honda Activa 125 BS-VI to be launched on September 11, 2019

According to a media report, the Activa 125 BS-VI is likely to be launched on September 11, 2019.

Honda Activa 125 BS-VI specs leaked-activa125.jpg

Honda had unveiled the Activa 125 BS-VI earlier this year. It will be powered by a new 124cc, single-cylinder engine that is compliant with the upcoming BS-VI emission norms. The engine uses Honda's PGM-FI HET (Honda Eco Technology) and Honda Enhanced Smart Power (eSP) that is claimed to improve combustion and minimize friction. It also comes with an AC generator instead of a conventional starter, which also charges the battery while riding.

According to a leaked document, the engine produces 8.18 BHP @ 6,500 rpm. The scooter is slightly longer, wider and taller than the BS-IV variant. It measures 1,850 mm in length, 707 mm in width, 1,170 mm in height and has a wheelbase of 1,260 mm.

The new Activa 125 BS-VI comes with a new instrument cluster with a digital readout that displays range, average fuel consumption and real-time fuel economy. It also displays Total Trip, clock, ECO indicator, service due indicator and side stand indicator.

Source: NDTV

Quote:

Originally Posted by TusharK (Post 4652906)
Honda Activa 125 BS-VI launched on September 11, 2019

Hi Tushar,

The title should be "Honda Activa 125 BS-VI likely to be launched on September 11, 2019". But it states as launched on, so could you please change the title and delete my post?.

Thanks,
TK

Finally we have a scooter with a Fuel injection engine. This segment needed this change far earlier. Is a carb engine really possible with BS-6 regulations?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rst89 (Post 4652991)
Finally we have a scooter with a Fuel injection engine. This segment needed this change far earlier. Is a carb engine really possible with BS-6 regulations?

No. Hero Maestro Edge 125 is already available with fuel injection option.

Should I wait for Activa 6G? Since the 125 has not clicked in the market so far, and spares were always an issue.

Is this the first BS VI compliant scooter to be launched in India?
We need to buy a scooter asap. We Have been using a 16 year old Activa and it is a pain every single day. We had decided to push the purchase till BS VI vehicles are launched in 2020 but the scooter is as good as dead. It would be really good if there are some BS VI compliant scooters to choose from.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaghuVis (Post 4654566)
We need to buy a scooter asap. We Have been using a 16 year old Activa and it is a pain every single day. We had decided to push the purchase till BS VI vehicles are launched in 2020 but the scooter is as good as dead. It would be really good if there are some BS VI compliant scooters to choose from.

Not Sure about BSVI but Hero has already launched Maestro Edge 125 with FI which should be BSVI compliant as the primary change that scooter manufacturers will be doing for BSVI compatibility will be adding Fuel Injection to existing scooters instead of carburetor. lol:

In my opinion, the Maestro Edge looks definitely better than Activa 125

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaghuVis (Post 4654566)

You should go with the Maestro Edge 125 Fi. I test rode it and it's more smooth and peppier than the Activa 125 BSIV. What's good is that it returns close to 52kmpl (one of my colleagues owns it). Or try the Access 125. It's tad a expensive compared to the Maestro but overall lighter and time tested. If fancy features are not a concern and you're looking for a budget scooter, get the Destini maybe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arfaat_46 (Post 4654584)
Not Sure about BSVI but Hero has already launched Maestro Edge 125 with FI which should be BSVI compliant

In my opinion, the Maestro Edge looks definitely better than Activa 125

Went to showroom yesterday. Sadly test drive vehicles are not available but sales guy specifically said that even though FI technology is present, Maestro is still BS IV. He said hero is planning to launch BS VI vehicles only by early next year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bismaya (Post 4655497)
You should go with the Maestro Edge 125 Fi. I test rode it and it's more smooth and peppier than the Activa 125 BSIV. What's good is that it returns close to 52kmpl (one of my colleagues owns it). Or try the Access 125. It's tad a expensive compared to the Maestro but overall lighter and time tested. If fancy features are not a concern and you're looking for a budget scooter, get the Destini maybe.

One of my neighbor owns Destini, had a word with him. He is not much happy with the scooter. Having previously owned an Activa and having another Maestro in immediate family, he said Destini cannot match both of these scooters in terms of comfort, style, pickup and general feel. He mentioned that the scooter looks build to a budget and not to last. He said he regrets buying the same. He feels this won't last 15-20-25K milestones.

Planning to test drive both today evening. let me see then. End of the day it's not for me but for Finance minister of the house so I don't have much say. stupid:lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaghuVis (Post 4658282)
Went to showroom yesterday. Sadly test drive vehicles are not available but sales guy specifically said that even though FI technology is present, Maestro is still BS IV. He said hero is planning to launch BS VI vehicles only by early next year.

One of my neighbor owns Destini, had a word with him. He is not much happy with the scooter. Having previously owned an Activa and having another Maestro in immediate family, he said Destini cannot match both of these scooters in terms of comfort, style, pickup and general feel. He mentioned that the scooter looks build to a budget and not to last. He said he regrets buying the same. He feels this won't last 15-20-25K milestones.

Planning to test drive both today evening. let me see then. End of the day it's not for me but for Finance minister of the house so I don't have much say. stupid:lol:

Absolutely agree that Destini is built to a budget and cannot be compared with Meastro Edge or even Activa. My wife has been using Maestro Edge (110cc) variant since last one year and there's absolutely no issues till date. All I do is regular services and it's good to go. Although her monthly usage is not more than 400-500 kms , once a while I use it for my office commute (60 kms both way) and I just love the practicality and comfort it provides :).