Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2019, 13:28   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which electric scooter for my wife?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
We are also looking to buy a new scooter for my wife.
My preference is for E-Scooter as it will be used for intra city run only (hope so) and our city is not that big as Pune or Mumbai. So the time required to travel the distance of 4-5 Kms takes hardly 15-20 mins. and the city Radius is around 2-3 Kms.

Also based on current requirement, the scooter will be mostly used on Friday and Saturday to drop and pickup my daughter (8years) for her dance class which is 1 km away from our home.

Even if my wife takes it for some casual shopping, it would be 10-15 Kms two-way (Max. 20kms) with occasionally 30-35kms two-way.

My wife hates E-Scooter for its Battery Charging Nature (she thinks it would require recharging everyday) and plain Jane looks.

My preference for E scooter is because I want to minimise the carbon footprint from our side.

My budget is 50-55 K in range of Scooty Pep, Wego.

Also the scooter should be light weight and suitable for lady of 5'2".

I am delaying the purchase due to less running and lack of information on better options available.
Looking at your requirement, I would suggest a petrol scooter rather than an Electric.
Electric Vehicles should be used daily and more often, else the battery will deteriorate faster, the less use an EV sees, the higher will be degradation. Also irrespective of whether you use an electric scooter or not, the range will decrease everyday.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks