Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2019, 22:35   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: TVS NTorq 125 Race Edition launched at Rs. 62,995

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
That, there...is a dry leaf, and it's driving me nuts since I cant reach in
Wouldn't a tooth pick or the good ol'safety pin do the job for you to pick the leaf out?

Just out of curiosity...
Old 13th November 2019, 22:59   #32
BHPian

Quote:
So thoughtful of TVS to give a powerful LED light in the glove box. It is really helpful, and we wonder how we managed without it for so many years. Not sure if there are other scooters with 'factory fitted' glove box light?
As far as I remember, this was present in our 2006 model Tvs Scooty pep+ as well.
akhil_007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2019, 05:14   #33
Senior - BHPian

It's not fine enough to get in there, will try a glue tip or have to remove the switch and get to it. But, my point to TVS (if they're reading this), is to reduce the gap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Wouldn't a tooth pick or the good ol'safety pin do the job for you to pick the leaf out?

Last edited by Sebring : 14th November 2019 at 05:36.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 12:48   #34
Senior - BHPian

NTORQ Race Edition original accessories are really classy. This (glove box?) looks straight out of batman movie. Again, finished in carbon fibre
Attached Thumbnails
TVS NTorq 125 Race Edition launched at Rs. 62,995-img_7579.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 06:59   #35
Senior - BHPian

So 500 Kms came up in no time on the Race Edition, and I was petrified of where to service it since I heard horror stories about TVS Servicing aspects. I was clear that I will not step into Bharath TVS, but Preetham Motors 'rose to the occasion' and ensured I had the best experience at their JP Nagar outlet. Its a 'owner monitored workshop', so he immediately ushered me in and service was done in 1 hour. Opted for the most expensive, fully synthetic oil at Rs. 570. Scooter is really clean and rides smooth now.
Attached Thumbnails
TVS NTorq 125 Race Edition launched at Rs. 62,995-img_7577.jpg  

Old 27th November 2019, 20:02   #36
BHPian

Quote:
So dived straight in and got my original heart-stopper NTORQ. The Race Edition.
As per consumer reports the ideal time to buy a vehicle is when it is about to be discontinued as it will be most reliable then. Conversely, the time to avoid buying a vehicle is when it is just launched. While this is more applicable to cars which have lot more parts/electronics, but the theory is applicable to two wheelers as well.

So, you got the vehicle at right time!!

On a related note TVS Jupiter was launched today in FI which resulted in the bump in price of little under 8K. It was launched in the drum variant only
. So for Ntorq with additional taxes the bump in price could be 9-10K
highlander is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2019, 07:45   #37
Senior - BHPian

TVS makes some really sexy bikes and the well engineered NTORQ. These vehicles are the best in their class, but their prowess stops right there. They do not think through the entire consumer experience (at least take inspiration from Apple). Just take their accessories, I was given an original bike cover for the gorgeous NTORQ Race Edition (premium scooter costing 89,000 on road) and it is nothing but a PU blanket. Or, the cheap seat cover which does zero justice to the best seats they have (original seats with amazing red thread are not even available - though I'll pay a premium for that). Look at the cheap key chain provided. And last but not the least, TVS does not have enough respect for the 'NTORQ Race Edition' to warrant even a user manual, they hand out a two-year old regular NTORQ manual and say 'take it or leave it'. Tool kit is not NTORQ, as it mentions JUPITER, WEGO and ZEST model names. The engineers should have a control on every aspect that goes into this great machine, else a race horse will definitely turn into a bullock cart. (By the way the glove box integration is great). Even software. After a lot of follow ups and tweets to Company, finally got the iOS support yesterday (after 60 days and first service)! So disappointed! Hope someone from TVS is reading this!
Attached Thumbnails
TVS NTorq 125 Race Edition launched at Rs. 62,995-img_9148.jpg  

TVS NTorq 125 Race Edition launched at Rs. 62,995-img_9147.jpg  

Last edited by Sebring : 28th November 2019 at 07:53.
Old 3rd December 2019, 09:30   #38
Senior - BHPian

Well, my landlord just got one and it looks nice and seems to have all the right equipment, though on-road it's touching a lakh.

But for whatever other worth it possesses, I am going to have to be a spoilsport and strongly object to the "HELLO, RACER" popping up in the LCD whenever starting.

I can race a TVS XL moped as easily as I can race a KTM or this neat little scooter, but the question is whether this is how my identity should be defined when I head out onto the typical urban streets of this land... in a context where our government only requires 60% pass marks on a driver's license written test (and if we can't even manage those meager marks, we can STILL, here in H.P., "purchase" the license for around rs.700...). Combined with the actual reality that even those knowing the rules are not highly inclined to follow them, we've got, eh, a bit of a situation here.

I met an elderly American up here who used to actually race bikes... Honda team bikes back in the 60's, etc... The last powerful bike he rode was a 220+bhp modded, turbocharged Kawasaki. Still rides in his mid/late-70's (Avenger 220 at present) and said he never got injured on a track, only on the street.

I can only hope that most of those who fail their driving tests also fail to read (and believe) this "RACER" nonsense. On a real race-course there are actually some precautions and rules observed.

I'm inclined to say that TVS will bear some responsibility for fatalities / serious injuries sustained aboard these, considering that sort of encouragement.

As for my landlord - he will regrettably be laid up for at least a month after having broken his collar-bone in an unfortunate spill about ten days ago. He apparently wasn't "racing" - he was trying to slalom around a stray dog!

Scooty unharmed... just great!

-Eric
ringoism is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2019, 09:19   #39
Senior - BHPian

NTORQ crosses 4 Lakh units in Sales. Driven by new updates!
https://auto.ndtv.com/news/tvs-ntorq...from=home-auto
Old 21st February 2020, 18:25   #40
BHPian

Went to check out the BS6 Ntorq Race Edition. The ex-showroom price has jumped to 78765, with the OTR for Bangalore just 500 shy from touching the 1L mark. I guess this done to not get the tag of 1L scooter and drive away some folks. The regular BS6 Ntorq was 4K less than this.

No discounts available on the vehicle, only some % on the accessories.

Ride quality and braking was quite good. There was no perceptible difference over BS4 variant (at least from test ride).

Last edited by highlander : 21st February 2020 at 18:29.
Old 22nd February 2020, 16:17   #41
Senior - BHPian

BS4 NTORQ Race Edition is not available anymore. My cousins wanted to buy two pieces and were holding out for BS6. But when they took a test drive they realised the new BS6 is completely stripped of its lovely pick up. It's not perky anymore. The new Fi engine sounded 'boomier' and had more vibrations than the outgoing carb. Such a sad update. One small change noticed was of the kick start moving further back, which is a welcome improvement. The sales lady informs that 'a minimum of 2 litres of petrol needs to be in the tank or else the engine will spoil'. So you can't drive all the way to 'empty'. Not sure if this is true. Quoted On-road price in Bangalore is 99,000. No free accessories at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlander View Post
Went to check out the BS6 Ntorq Race Edition. The ex-showroom price has jumped to 78765, with the OTR for Bangalore just 500 shy from touching the 1L mark. I guess this done to not get the tag of 1L scooter and drive away some folks.
Old 23rd February 2020, 15:06   #42
BHPian

Any idea if the race edition will launch in any other colour except Red? I wanted to buy one for my wife but both of us don't like red and if we buy the regular version I have to compromise with regular head light....
Old 4th March 2020, 20:23   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_k View Post
Any idea if the race edition will launch in any other colour except Red? I wanted to buy one for my wife but both of us don't like red and if we buy the regular version I have to compromise with regular head light....
Hey Vijay. I was in a similar dilemma, I did not like the red color on the race edition so ended up getting the standard one and fitted the LED headlight like the race edition one in it. Have been using the headlamp for over a month and it has been running perfectly.
Attached Thumbnails
TVS NTorq 125 Race Edition launched at Rs. 62,995-d205f7f7e2e343cd960733ff592e376a.jpeg  

Raahil_23 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 12:35   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raahil_23 View Post
Hey Vijay. I was in a similar dilemma, I did not like the red color on the race edition so ended up getting the standard one and fitted the LED headlight like the race edition one in it. Have been using the headlamp for over a month and it has been running perfectly.
Hi Raahil,

Thank you for the pics, what was the total cost of getting the LED headlight fitted to the standard one and what about warranty?
Old 5th March 2020, 16:00   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_k View Post
I've seen a black with flourescent green instead of the red and black but to date, I've seen only one on the road. Definitely not a mod job.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks