Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2019, 12:45   #1
BHPian

KTM Duke 490 in the pipeline

As per IAB. New KTM Duke 490 is rumored to be produced in India.

https://indianautosblog.com/exclusiv...models-p318531

The KTM 490 line-up will comprise the following five products:

KTM 490 Duke
KTM RC 490 Duke
KTM 490 Adventure
KTM 490 SMC R/SMR R (either or both TBC, but it will be a Supermoto Dual-Purpose bike)
KTM 490 SM T/Enduro R (either or both TBC, but it will be a Supermoto Dual-Purpose bike)
nishkamm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th September 2019, 17:30   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: KTM Duke 490 in the pipeline

I think this would have been a better proposition than launching the 790, at least with the way the current automobile scene is unfolding in India. Many are appeased with a cheap twin cylinder, with the current segment dominator being the Interceptor 650. If this bike, ever takes shape and comes to India (taking this news with a pinch of salt) then it's a complete segment and upper segment decimator without a doubt. This will do what 390 did when it was launched 2013.

Of course, pricing is key, let's see how this saga unfolds. But unfortunately, I personally think the 790 isn't gonna punch in the register as KTM India had ought to.

Cheers!
VJ
Old 27th September 2019, 17:53   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 View Post
I think this would have been a better proposition than launching the 790, at least with the way the current automobile scene is unfolding in India. Many are appeased with a cheap twin cylinder, with the current segment dominator being the Interceptor 650. If this bike, ever takes shape and comes to India (taking this news with a pinch of salt) then it's a complete segment and upper segment decimator without a doubt. This will do what 390 did when it was launched 2013.

Of course, pricing is key, let's see how this saga unfolds. But unfortunately, I personally think the 790 isn't gonna punch in the register as KTM India had ought to.

Cheers!
VJ
The 790 twins are not meant to set the registers ringing. They are, what you call, Halo products for the indian market. Something that KTM hopes youngsters will look up to and aspire to right there at the showrooms.

The 490 twins however are the perfect 4-6 lakh onroad category parallel twin machines for India. That, i agree with you, should set the cash registers ringing for a whole new demographic in our country and around the world.

They are in essence going after the MT06, CB500X, RE650 and even the Benelli/CFMOTO segment.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2019, 17:59   #4
Senior - BHPian

Well I have been praying for an RC790 to upgrade to but I guess KTM still seems to be a little unsure about larger supersports at the moment. I don't mind settling for an RC490 in order to participate in giving KTM the confidence they need to do another RC8 or work on an RC790, BUT I hope it doesn't look as bad as the spy images of the updated RC390
Old 27th September 2019, 19:22   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hope KTM wont take ages to launch these bikes, esp the Adventure version has so much scope in today's market.
lohithrao is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed