Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Old 27th September 2019, 14:28   #1
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Default KTM's parent Pierer Mobility enters into an agreement with Spain's GasGas to develop new 2-wheelers

Name:  gasgas bikes.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  11.0 KB
GasGas bikes and Torrot e-bikes will be sold alongside the existing brands KTM, and Husqvarna over the vast network of KTM Industries.

Quote:
KTM Industries (Pierer Mobility) announced yesterday that it has entered into a joint-venture with Spanish-motorcycle brand GasGas to expand its global offering.

The company says it has successfully concluded negotiations with Black Toro Capital – the owners of GasGas Motorcycles. A cooperation was signed and both partners see this as a starting point for a bright future for GasGas. GasGas was established in 1985 and is known for its off-road products, and has presence in over 50 countries across five continents. As part of the understanding GasGas will develop new models alongside its Trial and Enduro bike portfolio.

The production of GasGas products and Torrot electric vehicles continue in Girona, Spain. The JV intends that GasGas products will be added to KTM and Husqvarna Motorcycles and eBikes as third brand to the strong sales network of the KTM Industries group (Pierer Mobility Group).
The deal is subject to antitrust authorities approval.
Source: Autocar Professional
wheelguy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 05:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: KTM's parent Pierer Mobility enters into an agreement with Spain's GasGas to develop new 2-wheel

Given the collaborator’s name I guess these bikes will ship with extremely noisy exhausts without drilling a hole in the silencer?

Most Viewed
How I bought myself a Porsche at 25 years old
The 10 worst Indian cars of the last decade
Mustang crashes into truck driver - shows no remorse
Don't be naive, all of this happens before your PDI
Polo GTI falls off a flyover captured on video
Miscreants assault me & my car - justice prevails