Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2019, 20:40   #1
Senior - BHPian

TVS Racing riding gear & merchandise launched...on a lame website!

TVS has launched the TVS Racing Performance Gear at MotoSoul 2019, which includes riding gear, casual wear and accessories.

TVS Racing riding gear & merchandise launched...on a lame website!-tvs-gear.jpg

TVS is offering helmets, riding jackets, riding pants, riding gloves and boots. The company has also launched a range of T-shirts, urban jackets and pants, rain wear, casual boots, bag packs, caps and sunglasses.

The TVS Racing Performance Gear will be available at select TVS dealerships across India and online at this website.

The first edition of MotoSoul opened on October 18, 2019. The 2-day event was attended by 2,500 riding enthusiasts.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st October 2019, 00:55   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: TVS Racing riding gear & merchandise launched...on a lame website!

I cant see any prices listed in it so far. Plus, extremely low quality testing done on the site - links breaking / images not showing up and what not!

The gears also seem to have Level 1 CE protector but I believe most good brands have level 2 or comparable protectors now a days.
swiftnfurious is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2019, 04:50   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Another crap attempt by TVS, i mean they have the ideas, but who launches a site like this. A college graduate will do a better job. This seems to have been done in a rush to coincide with Motosoul event they had, and just launched without thinking much.

They need to understand this will lead to more resentment in customers, then apperication. Launch a fully baked product, be it bike or apparels.
AtheK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2019, 08:59   #4
BHPian

Very Interesting !! I can get to choose the colour and size but I can't purchase it as there is no buy button

Purchase here if you can : Link
Sk8r is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2019, 00:45   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like a WIP site or they have been reading t-bhp. There is a new 'Enquire Now' button available now. For the size of TVS brand, they definitely can support online purchases. Again, sad to see no S size or XXL sizes.

PS : I love some of the color combos and design. Good job with that for sure, though restricted numbers.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 22nd October 2019 at 00:47.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2019, 07:40   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, can't believe that this is the best that a brand like TVS can come up with for their merchandise site! It's really, really behind the times. Several far smaller brands, heck even small businesses, have far better e-commerce sites! This is like some stereotypical government portal. What is the purpose of an 'enquire now' button in this day and age?! Really pathetic TVS.

I'm actually a big TVS fan (my first bike was a Shogun) and I'd like to buy a TVS t-shirt. But with a website like this, I'd prefer looking for the merchandise at a TVS showroom. Hmmm, perhaps that's the strategy here- drive people to showrooms so they might consider buying the bikes! A site this bad in this day and age from a business that can very obviously afford the best designers in the world has to be done deliberately!

Last edited by am1m : 22nd October 2019 at 07:49.
am1m is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 17:00   #7
BHPian

Re: TVS Racing riding gear & merchandise launched...on a lame website!

Couple of us guys bought these at the MotoSoul event in Goa.

Gloves at Rs. 1300/-

TVS Racing riding gear & merchandise launched...on a lame website!-whatsapp-image-20191023-3.39.42-pm.jpeg

T Shirt at Rs. 880/-

TVS Racing riding gear & merchandise launched...on a lame website!-whatsapp-image-20191023-3.39.43-pm.jpeg
FURY_44 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th October 2019, 22:38   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, I will give credit where credit is due. It isnt easy to setup a non core business line / vertical like this and get an inventory management system up and running across the country. After Royal Enfield has shown it's competitors how to launch a successful line of riding gear as well as branded apparel, it was time for someone to step up and TVS has finally done so.

But, I guess that is where the good news ends for now. The quality of the gear does not look inspiring at all. The gloves in particular look rather flimsy. There were pictures circulating on social media which showed a laptop bag that was akin to the Cabonado bag (might even be the same thing) that looked promising but the particular bag isnt on the TVS website yet. I will visit the nearby TVS store to check out the gear physically.

As far as first impressions go, it looks as though TVS has succeeded in making Royal Enfield look like the pros when it comes to merchandize and riding gear. I hope TVS can get their act together and put up a good challenge to RE, after all as customers, we stand to gain the most.

On a final note, while TVS has appeared to have fixed the bugs that fellow TBHPians have mentioned, they somehow forgot to ensure consistency in the product naming in one section.

TVS Racing riding gear & merchandise launched...on a lame website!-capture.png
neil.jericho is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 11:10   #9
Senior - BHPian

Interestingly none of them are bothered about city riding, someone must take the cue to roll out a full suit single piece akin to what the pilots wear. Helps save the formals plus with some basic armor should be sweet.
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 11:21   #10
BHPian

Although , it carries the TVS logo, i am more inclined to think that this is the work of an authorized franchise rather than a direct company product. By that way, TVS would save some money on initial setup. Do they sell these in TVS showrooms too?.
srini1785 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 11:26   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srini1785 View Post
Although , it carries the TVS logo, i am more inclined to think that this is the work of an authorized franchise rather than a direct company product.
Everyone does that.

For Ex: Royal Enfield don't manufacture their Merchandise and Riding Gears.

By the way. good inititative by TVS. But certainly need to add more options/stuff. Also info regarding sizing would help.

Last edited by payeng : 25th October 2019 at 11:37.
payeng is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 11:58   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

On closer inspection of their products, I think TVS has done well in launching their Urban Jacket that is available in grey or denim colours.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 2312
Size:  446.9 KB

This appears to be a regular cloth jacket with Level 1 CE certified shoulder and elbow protection as well as an EVM foam back protector that can be upgraded later. It also has the option of an additional chest protector.

Given that this is a cloth jacket with armour for protection, there will be a good number of riders who wont mind wearing it every time they step out on the bike. It looks to be a light jacket that is casual enough for wearing everywhere (weather permitting, of course) that doesnt have the vibe of a regular bulky riding jacket (which may not be appropriate for all social situations). It certainly beats not wearing any riding jacket at all.

The only thing I do not get is that the features list mentions "External cavities for removable shoulder and elbow protectors" but the images do not show these. It must be internal instead.

TVS appears to have missed one more mistake. The Product Details sections describes the jacket as follows - As India’s first and most successful factory racing team, TVS Racing has dominated all forms of two-wheeled racing. Now, the iconic red, blue, and white that took race tracks by storm are yours to wear.

These highlighted colours are all missing on the jacket!
Old 25th October 2019, 12:19   #13
Senior - BHPian

Launch looks good.

In fact the Products appear better/impressive in videos than on the Site/Photos.

payeng is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 22:41   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

They will eventually get there I guess, which ain't bad. But should have done some testing and launched the site.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 06:47   #15
BHPian

Some reason they want you to login to see the prices.
sjcherian is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks