Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2019, 18:54   #1
Senior - BHPian

Okinawa Lite e-scooter launched at Rs. 59,990

Okinawa Scooters has launched the new Lite e-scooter in India. It is priced at Rs. 59,990 (ex-showroom), which includes the FAME-II subsidy.

Okinawa Lite e-scooter launched at Rs. 59,990-image1-okinawa-lite.jpg

The Okinawa Lite comes with an LED headlight mounted on the front apron. It has a U-shaped LED daytime running light and square indicators. The scooter has a digital instrument cluster, flat seat with silver grab rail and an LED tail light.

Okinawa Lite e-scooter launched at Rs. 59,990-image2-okinawa-lite.jpg

The Okinawa Lite is powered by a 250 watt electric motor and a 1.25 kWh detachable lithium-ion battery. The battery is claimed to have a maximum range of 50-60 km on a single charge and takes 4-5 hours to recharge to its full capacity. It has a disc brake at the front and drum brake at the rear.

Okinawa Lite e-scooter launched at Rs. 59,990-image3-okinawa-lite.jpg

The Lite e-scooter has regenerative braking and features such as One Push start button, Auto Handle lock function, Auto Motor lock function, battery lock function, mobile charging and alloy wheels.

Okinawa Lite e-scooter launched at Rs. 59,990-image4-okinawa-lite.jpg

Okinawa offers a 3 year warranty on the battery and electric motor.

Okinawa Lite e-scooter launched at Rs. 59,990-image5-okinawa-lite.jpg

Okinawa Lite e-scooter launched at Rs. 59,990-image6-okinawa-lite.jpg

Okinawa Lite e-scooter launched at Rs. 59,990-image7-okinawa-lite.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2019, 19:32   #2
BHPian

Re: Okinawa Lite e-scooter launched at Rs. 59,990

25 kmph top speed and tiny 250W motor are deal breakers. There are many better models from Hero electric with higher top speed, powerful motors and even slightly larger battery in similar price range.

I really wish Chinese, Taiwanese startups like NIU, Gogoro, etc... enter the Indian market sooner.
sri_tesla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2019, 11:35   #3
BHPian

Yeah.. this looks good until you see the top speed. 45 kmph is the absolute minimum for any powered road going device.

I wonder that too why the large electric scooter companies aren't lining up to enter the largest two wheeler market there is?

On the flipside, I see 3 new electric scooter launches per day on an average from last few weeks. All of them look similar and the CEO types don't know much about the product they 'researched and developed' in the company they started in April 2019!
Old 12th November 2019, 15:29   #4
BHPian

I think the target audience for this bike is different. Note that this bike does not require any Registration or License. I'm personally eyeing this bike for my wife's shopping chores who is not keen on getting a License or any RTO roundabouts. Its better than many premium e-bicycles available in the market today.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks