Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2009, 01:35   #31
Senior - BHPian

I've seen that a long time ago,mostly around the time that the Scooty/Sunny hit the market,and more women opted to commute on these scooters. On one occassion, the lady riding a Kinetic did that,and as she went over a speed bump she lost control, and ended up on the road. So much for keeping her legs to prevent falling over.
Old 5th February 2009, 02:22   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Rossi doesnt ride motard style he is more of a Body lean person. They take the legs off the pegs only for a second one for a few times over the whole race to stretch them. On normal roads its suicide I saw a girl sitting pillion on a scooty today doing the same thing.
I'm not talking about stretching or supermoto riding. Nobody in MotoGP rides motard style.

When he's doing a really last minute overtake+heavy braking, he brings his left foot down to prevent a fall. Go and search for that famous Rossi-Sete Gibernau overtaking manuvere.
Old 5th February 2009, 04:26   #33
Senior - BHPian

What are you guys on about? If you think that lady was dangerous, check this guy out!

Old 5th February 2009, 13:59   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
What are you guys on about? If you think that lady was dangerous, check this guy out!

If i were you, I would have nudged him a bit with the car, just to see how much in control he really is, doing that on a public road.
Old 5th February 2009, 14:09   #35
Team-BHP Support

Tips for cornering on your motorcycle

Sometimes lifting your leg off to change the centre of gravity helps in correcting during tight corners.

Personally I lean to the left and push the bike to the right on very poor roads.
Allows me to get way faster and keep balance as well.
Only problem is if a sudden huge pothole comes up.
Old 5th February 2009, 14:57   #36
Senior - BHPian

Hi Mods,

There is already thread for discussing the same topic: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...le-riding.html

Please merge the threads.

- Jag
Old 5th February 2009, 15:09   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post

Sometimes lifting your leg off to change the centre of gravity helps in correcting during tight corners.

Personally I lean to the left and push the bike to the right on very poor roads.
Allows me to get way faster and keep balance as well.
Only problem is if a sudden huge pothole comes up.
Imran AFAIK, Your bike is not just any other bike. These people that are being spoken about here are like riding teeny weeny 2 wheelers which have probably 8" or 10" wheels at the max. They have to be careful... Very Careful.
Old 5th February 2009, 15:18   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
Imran AFAIK, Your bike is not just any other bike.

That is the best thing I have heard today.
Thank you. Made my day.

When even the best protection in the world cannot save you from grievous injury why tempt fate by doing these stupid thing.
Helmets stuck together with scotch tape, bald tires, cell phones, Improper riding style.
and then these nitwits tell me that riding long distance on a highway is unsafe.
I feel safer on the highways with the professional truck drivers.

Last edited by bblost : 5th February 2009 at 15:20.
Old 5th February 2009, 15:27   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
I'm not talking about stretching or supermoto riding. Nobody in MotoGP rides motard style.

When he's doing a really last minute overtake+heavy braking, he brings his left foot down to prevent a fall. Go and search for that famous Rossi-Sete Gibernau overtaking manuvere.
Keeping the leg out to prevent a fall like that is indeed a motard technique. If you feel the bike is going to lowside you kick the ground with your feet to get it up again. Its really fun but very scary too. Cant wait for the 2009 season to start
Old 5th February 2009, 18:38   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Keeping the leg out to prevent a fall like that is indeed a motard technique. If you feel the bike is going to lowside you kick the ground with your feet to get it up again. Its really fun but very scary too. Cant wait for the 2009 season to start
No it isint. You are greatly simplifying it. In supermoto your upperbody is vertical the arms are stretched out and the leg is pionted forward....you cant even do this on a MotoGP bike if you wanted to (because of the peg-bar geometry)
Old 5th February 2009, 21:16   #41

Brothers,
"Precaution is better than cure."

But, riding this way is very dangerous.

Most Viewed