Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2019, 21:38   #1
BANNED

Rumour: Suzuki V-Strom 155?

Hey guys,

Yet to verify the source but the concept really got me thinking and hence decided to share the same with you guys.

Rumour: Suzuki V-Strom 155?-whatsapp-image-20191109-21.26.37.jpeg

From the looks of it seems that this motorcycle is built off the groundwork laid by the Gixxer 155 which is quite obvious from first impressions. And considering how our market operates I feel that a V-Strom 155 could really give the likes of BMW's GS310 series a run for their money, especially considering that they're not performing at optimum these days.

Do share your thoughts.

Regards,
A.P.
ashwinprakas is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th November 2019, 21:50   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Rumour: Suzuki V-Strom 155?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
From the looks of it seems that this motorcycle is built off the groundwork laid by the Gixxer 155 which is quite obvious from first impressions. And considering how our market operates I feel that a V-Strom 155 could really give the likes of BMW's GS310 series a run for their money, especially considering that they're not performing at optimum these days.

Do share your thoughts.

Regards,
A.P.
Not the GS 310, and especially not on highway runs. No replacement for displacement.

Great alternative to the Xpulse, but with the rally kit, the xpulse seems to have a bit more go.

This bike is probably the “commuter” Suzuki should have launched here in the first place. The vstrom 250 is already available globally, and am not sure if there is a vstrom 155 anywhere else in the world. I think this might just be a render from the “party” above.

Suzuki is actively considering bringing the vstrom 250 to India, but that will be another few decades considering the speed at which these guys move.
Red Liner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2019, 21:56   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
V-Strom 155 could really give the likes of BMW's GS310
That's jumping a full segment IMHO, even if this rumour were true!

A more realistic competition is XPulse 200. And looks like it will have more power (for what is already considered underpowered generally), more hardware and off-road ability, for a slightly cheaper price?
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2019, 00:55   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Do share your thoughts.
Hi A.P.

I think the V-Strom 250 is a more possible speculation rather than a V-Strom 150. Because:

When the 250cc Gixxer twins were announced in April, I asked my Suzuki Dealership if they had plans for a V-Strom 250 too. Quite surprisingly, the folks at the dealership knew about the V-Strom 250 that is sold with a parallel twin internationally, but denied the possibility of it being sold here.

So, I wrote an email to Suzuki India, making a case for the V-Strom with the single cylinder 250cc engine developed for the Gixxer 250. And quite surprisingly once again, I got a call back from the dealership once again, regarding my email. They denied the V-Strom 250 once again, but the guy told me there will be some sort of an announcement in November as Suzuki was pleasantly surprised by the reaction to their new 250's.

And now we have an insight via this article on Moneycontrol

Quote:
An all-new motorcycle powered by a 250cc engine is under development in Japan for the Indian market. This could be a cruiser or an adventure bike. Uchida said Suzuki is yet to take a call.

"After 250cc we are going to look at more models in bigger capacity bikes. We will have to add another 250cc bike may be a cruiser and after that, we go for bigger bikes. This will be through a new brand," Satoshi Uchida, managing officer deputy executive general manager in charge of marketing and India, Motorcycle Company, Suzuki Motor Corporation said.

Suzuki is also working on new powerful scooters that will have more than 150cc engines. It launched the Burgman Street some quarters ago with a 125cc engine and may use this model to test the 150cc segment.

"We are going to add more premium scooters. In future, we have to look at 150cc+ segment. We are studying the development of more than 150cc scooters. We will see how it works on the Burgman Street and then may use it for another model," Uchida added.
If the V-Strom 250 with the Gixxer 250's engine becomes a reality, I'm taking credit

P.S: I'm really glad I work in a tech start-up, because this designation is an absolute nightmare:

Quote:
.Satoshi Uchida, managing officer deputy executive general manager in charge of marketing and India, Motorcycle Company, Suzuki Motor Corporation

Last edited by Shumi_21 : 10th November 2019 at 01:00. Reason: Typo
Shumi_21 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th November 2019, 19:00   #5
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rumour: Suzuki V-Strom 155?

If they launch v-storm 250, I will even consider selling my Ninja 300 and downgrade it engine size and cylinder count. V-storm 155, however, will attract new buyers, not upgrade hunters.
Old 10th November 2019, 20:04   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

The VStrom 155, if it comes to Indian shores, could be a very competent bike that can compete head on with the Xpulse 200 or even slot under it, price wise, if Suzuki gets aggressive. The current Gixxer 155 has a power output of 14.1 PS and a kerb weight of only 140 kg. The Xpulse in comparison has a higher power output of 18.4 PS and a weight of 154 kg. The Suzuki 155 platform is really capable and is a proven commodity, expanding it to include the off road / adventure variant is a logical move and one that Suzuki should make in 2020. The Xpulse seems to be doing well for Hero so far and is at least getting enthusiasts into Hero showrooms. Im sure Suzuki is paying attention to this.

Suzuki, like Honda, seems to prefer the measured and methodical approach to the Indian market. From what Ive been told, the next launch on the 250 platform will be the Intruder 250. I dont know how many customers will be queuing up for that bike! But yes, if the V Strom 250 does come to Indian shores based on the current 250 offering from Suzuki, it could put up a really tough fight for the KTM Adventure 250.
neil.jericho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 16:52   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki India Teases New Adventure Bike; V-Strom 250 Coming?

Rumour: Suzuki V-Strom 155?-suzukivstrom250teasedindia1840x420.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th April 2022 at 16:53.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed