Team-BHP - Ather to open new scooter factory in Hosur, TN
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Ather to open new scooter factory in Hosur, TN (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/216213-ather-open-new-scooter-factory-hosur-tn.html)

Ather Energy has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the government of Tamil Nadu to set up an electric vehicle manufacturing unit in the state. The new factory, spread over 4,00,000 sq. ft. will be based in Hosur.

Ather to open new scooter factory in Hosur, TN-ather_energy_factory-2.jpg

According to Ather, the new facility will cater to EV manufacturing demand. Ather's lithium ion batteries will also be manufactured at this unit.

Over the next 5 years, Ather plans to train more than 4,000 employees in order to develop skills required for the EV sector.

Ather to open new scooter factory in Hosur, TN-ather_energy_factory-1.jpg

At present, Ather Energy offers its electric scooter in Bangalore and Chennai. It plans to expand to 30 cities, including Hyderabad, Pune, Delhi and Mumbai in the next few years. The company is also investing in setting up charging infrastructure.

Link to Team-BHP News

Good Choice of location. They can probably build it right next to TVS Haritha complex. Hosur, due to its vicinity to bangalore and with all the auto ancillary units , is perfect choice. No dearth of man power either. The present recession has many of the ex workers willing to work at whatever wages they can get.

I believe this is also due to the recent policy changes implemented by TN govt to encourage electric vehicles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthVeda (Post 4704409)
I believe this is also due to the recent policy changes implemented by TN govt to encourage electric vehicles.

Yes, this was in the newspaper today.

Source:Indian express Bangalore edition, Dec 3 2019

Ather Energy to set up manufacturing unit in Tamil Nadu
Quote:

Tamil Nadu recently launched it's Electric Vehicle Policy, and the upcoming project is supported under the policy. According to the state industry department officials, the project will help in attracting more EV companies to the state.

What really stood out for me in this press release is:

- All the factory workers are quite young.

- Uniquely, they're wearing black tees & jeans. Perhaps the only factory I've seen with this in India. My kind of work attire :thumbs up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4704489)
- Uniquely, they're wearing black tees & jeans. Perhaps the only factory I've seen with this in India. My kind of work attire :thumbs up.

And, most of the time - you can spot everyone in their swanky 'Ather space' showroom wearing the exact same attire - including the CEO.

One gets the feeling that they have a good startup culture than the traditional industrialist one! Hopefully, this will be retained through the expansion phase.