Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2020, 20:45   #16
BHPian

Re: Review: My Suzuki Gixxer 250

Last week I got the leg guard fitted. It is available as an accessory at the dealerships. Only Rs 640.

At first, as soon as I saw the bike, I felt like it looked a bit ugly. But then, its something useful. Not too intrusive looking either. And completely invisible from the rider's POV.Review: My Suzuki Gixxer 250-leg-guard-1.jpg

Review: My Suzuki Gixxer 250-leg-guard-fasteners.jpg
sachinnair is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 22:57   #17
BHPian

hello, could you please share the chain sprocket details? It should be there in owners manual. And a picture of rear sprocket, to know if it has a 5 hole or 6 hole mounting. Tech details about Gixxer 250 isn't much on the web, hence asking.
Thanks in advance.
Old 23rd August 2020, 15:49   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennjit View Post
hello, could you please share the chain sprocket details? It should be there in owners manual. And a picture of rear sprocket, to know if it has a 5 hole or 6 hole mounting. Tech details about Gixxer 250 isn't much on the web, hence asking.
Thanks in advance.
The rear sprocket has five bolts. I counted. Tried getting a picture but could not get a clear one showing all or most of the bolts. The sprocket is mostly covered by the chain guard, sari guard etc.

The owner's manual doesn't mention anything about this either.
sachinnair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 19:58   #19
BHPian

Apologies for a very late update:

just before the start of the lockdown I noticed oil seeping from my left fork seal. I couldn't do anything about it, so waited out most of April and May. The second service due date was sometime in May. When lockdown was eased to allow workshops to open, I took the bike for its service. The service center is 15 km away from my house, and Ola/Uber had not become fully functional yet. So I asked them to do a quick scheduled service while I waited. Also told them to look into the leak issue. The SA later said the service is doable in two hours, but the leak will require one whole day, since the bike is a new model, under warranty, and they would like to open and examine the whole thing. Anyway, they did not have the necessary spare parts. They would order the parts, raise the issue with the Suzuki engineers and call me when everything was ready.

One month on, no calls, nothing. I rode back, asked them to check if there was any response. The SA disappeared for half an hour, came back and said nothing has come, but they have rasied the issue, and will call back later. I accepted what he said and went away, an error on my part, in retrospect.

Towards end July, nothing. I tried calling their number, but the SA's phone was unreachable, and landline was busy. I now realised I had no proof that I had raised the issue with the dealer twice already. I looked up Suzuki's helpline and shot a mail to Suzuki, stating the issue, and also requesting some assurance that the issue has atleast been raised with them. I could totally understand the logistical issues due to the lockdown, with men and material both being delayed, but all I wanted was to know if there was a complaint number or ticket number or something which I could follow up with.

Within and hour, the senior service manager from the dealer called me, and I told him the whole issue. He said he will look into it an revert. And he calls me in about half an hour, and womder of wonders, their parts consignment from the Gurgaon plant had just arrived, and had spares for my bike too. I agreed to take the bike the following saturday, since I had to attend office all the other days. (My replies were on email, with the Suzuki email as CC, just to be sure).

I went on saturday, as agreed. They took about three hours to do the repairs, saying it was a warranty replacement, and it was taking time to send pics and emails etc to the Suzuki engineers, get their clearances etc. Anyway the left fork assembly was changed, he said. I had expected them to just change the seal, but the SA said they wanted to take the whole thing for further analysis.

About 500 or so kilometers later, no problems. Touch wood.
sachinnair is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 20:25   #20
BHPian

I had the 3rd scheduled service done on the Saturday, October 25th (before Ayudha Puja)

I didn't notice it till a week later, but there seems to be some paint chipping and scoring on both sides of the engine, like someone rough handled tools. A friend says it is just paint chipping but I'm not so sure. Also, not sure if I can take it up with the dealership or Suzuki so late after the service.

Review: My Suzuki Gixxer 250-lh-.jpg

Review: My Suzuki Gixxer 250-lh-2.jpg

Review: My Suzuki Gixxer 250-rh-oil-indicator.jpg

Review: My Suzuki Gixxer 250-rh-2.jpg

Review: My Suzuki Gixxer 250-rh-top.jpg

Advice welcome.
Old 16th November 2020, 20:35   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinnair View Post
Advice welcome.
Looks like saline corrosion. Common in coastal cities. You can see the black paint bubbling on closeup.

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 20:50   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Looks like saline corrosion. Common in coastal cities. You can see the black paint bubbling on closeup.
That's all it is?

Thanks. Any suggestions on how to reverse or retard this? I'm more familiar with rust on iron and steel. Not seen this before.
Old 16th November 2020, 21:02   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinnair View Post
That's all it is?

Thanks. Any suggestions on how to reverse or retard this? I'm more familiar with rust on iron and steel. Not seen this before.
Nothing much except sanding, primer and repainting. Possibly with a better quality marine grade paint.

These are not tool marks. Neither are the places where the paint is coming off regular places where tool use is common (like the banjo bolt).

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 28th November 2020, 16:04   #24
BHPian

I bought new pannier bags. Basic Suzuki brand, available in dealerships (doesn't look like they sell accessories online).

The quality seems quite okay for the 3500 price tag. Problem is they didn't include any instructions on exactly how to fix them properly. Too many straps. And it doesn't look like all of them fit properly. Review: My Suzuki Gixxer 250-20201128_135907.jpg

Review: My Suzuki Gixxer 250-20201128_140013.jpg

Review: My Suzuki Gixxer 250-20201128_135955.jpg
sachinnair is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2020, 16:09   #25
BHPian

These straps. The big one is the shoulder strap for carrying them, not sure about the other two. Or the one in the rear Review: My Suzuki Gixxer 250-20201128_160624.jpg

Review: My Suzuki Gixxer 250-20201128_160508.jpg
sachinnair is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 21:45   #26
BHPian

Please do let us know if you’ve figured the usage method of Saddle bag
Old 14th January 2021, 16:38   #27
BHPian

I did use the saddlebags on a long trip through deep TN, about 1700 kms in all.

This is how I mounted the bags:

Review: My Suzuki Gixxer 250-saddlebag-top-pondy-resize.jpg

The broad straps are velcro straps. Got them to sit on the pillion seat and the overhang (or whatever is the correct word). there is one thin, long strip which i looped under the seat, just to prevent the bags from being picked up and stolen when the bike is parked.

Review: My Suzuki Gixxer 250-saddlebag-rear-pondy-resized.jpg

One small strap I looped through the rear D rings, to hold the rear tight in. Similarly I strapped the bags in the front also, passing the strap in the space between upper body and the wheel. The hook was hooked onto the triangular loop in the frame next to the pillion footpeg.

I also used a bungee cord (red and orange) as a saddle stay.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: My Suzuki Gixxer 250-highway-stop-resized.jpg  

Old 14th January 2021, 16:50   #28
BHPian

This loop is what I meant. Apologies for saying it is close to the footpeg.

Since the tyre is covered in that portion, there was no danger of the strap touching the tyre.

Attachment 2108299
Old 1st July 2021, 10:23   #29
BHPian

Is there any fender extender that can be fitted on the front fender to reduce mud/water splashes hitting the engine and rider's legs due to the extremely short front fender of the Gixxer 250? I had asked the sales executives about the same in both the showrooms here in Guwahati but they seemed quite ignorant and only justified the importance of the short front fender.
Old 6th July 2021, 10:59   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastdriver View Post
Is there any fender extender that can be fitted on the front fender to reduce mud/water splashes hitting the engine and rider's legs due to the extremely short front fender of the Gixxer 250? I had asked the sales executives about the same in both the showrooms here in Guwahati but they seemed quite ignorant and only justified the importance of the short front fender.
I had wondered about the same thing earlier in this thread, and Iamahunter suggested this:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ml#post4732684 (Review: My Suzuki Gixxer 250)

I had placed on order on Amazon, but there was no stock, and then the lockdown happened, and nothing came of it. But thanks for reminding me, I'll see if I can still get it or something similar.

Probably, local shops may have something similar.
sachinnair is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks