Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2020, 16:22   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Scooter with the best ride quality / suspension?

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post

even i thought so until i read the comment from fellow Aprilia owner:
Sorry, I misread 'best suspension' as best handling suspension. Going by that, even the Ntorq too is not comfortable as say, the Activa.

Last edited by vb-saan : 7th January 2020 at 16:56. Reason: Corrected a typo
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2020, 01:11   #17
BHPian

Having ridden the Fascino, Activa, Access, Ntorq and owning a Vespa, I'd recommend you also consider the Vespa.

Since it a lighter scooter, it's nimble to navigate through potholes. The weight also doesn't exert the suspension as much as the other heavier scooters, hence I find it better than the rest.
omar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2020, 09:22   #18
BHPian

Try out the Burgman street . Suspension is on the softer side. Also, you can stretch your legs out like a cruiser and that really takes out the strain form your spine as it's slanted and not inline with the shock transmitted from the scooter.
nitro.1000bhp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th January 2020, 09:38   #19
KPR
BANNED

Based on my riding experience:
Best in class: Jupiter (Ride quality is pretty normal)
Worst in class: Aprilia SR150 (Excellent ride quality than even many 150 200 cc bikes in market) Solution to this issue: Reduce air pressure than stock prescribed to make it behave like a tamed pet.
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2020, 09:52   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Although Jupiters ride quality is good, the suspension bottoms out in every pot hole.
Anyways this requirement was for second scooter. So don't want 2 Jupiters in the house
I suspect the shock absorber are shot. Replace the rear shock and refill the fork oil in the front ones. We have a wego and the suspension rarely bottoms out unless you are riding with pillion.The suspension at rear is same for both wego and jupiter

Also i would suggest keep the air pressure 30 for rear and 25 for front.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2020, 11:25   #21
BHPian

Re: Scooter with the best ride quality / suspension?

My wife uses a Suzuki Access and the ride comfort is pretty decent handles ok. We had a Yamaha RayZ earlier, I felt it was a better handler and had a plient ride at low speeds...
anand.shankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2020, 11:36   #22
BHPian

I am using Suzuki Access and I feel it's suspension is a weak point of the scooter, which is otherwise good. As I'm a solo rider, most times I set the tyre pressure to recommended 22/29. Still I don't find the ride good enough to absorb the smaller undulations on road.

Do note that the recommended pressure of rear tyre for scooters is higher in case of pillion rider. And riding solo with pillion tyre pressure makes its ride hard as well.

I have rode TVS Jupiter for a short while and find it better than Access. Even the TVS Zest 110 I used from Bounce also rode better than Access. Jupiter ZX's website shows it having a adjustable suspension. Not sure what all scooters offer adjustable suspension.

Last edited by Sheel : 9th January 2020 at 16:48. Reason: Please proof read prior to submission and use spell-checkers. Thanks.
anthusiast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2020, 11:55   #23
BHPian

Quote:
We already have a Jupiter, so not looking for another one.
Jupiter is the best scooter for ride quality perspective. You can validate this by riding (TD) all the scooters mentioned here. If you then come to same conclusion, then need to overcome the issue of 2 Jupiters in one garage

A working couple in my apartment needed two cars to drive to respective offices. The husband worked in Maruti and could get a good deal. The requirement was met best with Swift. So they bought a Swift and a Swift Dzire (many years before Baleno/Ignis launch).

The same way, you can just wait for an anniversary edition of Jupiter or better yet 125cc variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrez View Post
Please refrain, & I say this from personal experience. Ntorq is my daily driver & it definitely is sprung on the stiffer side albeit nothing anywhere close to the SR twins but still stiff.
Can you elaborate the issues with Ntorq. How is it on good and bad roads? A friend of mine is looking to pick one up.
highlander is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2020, 12:24   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Team, need some advice on scooter which has better suspension.
We already have a Jupiter, so not looking for another one.

The Jupiter and Wego from TVS are the best in comfort among the scooters. If the suspension bottoms out maybe you can get the front forks checked.
If it is still poor after checking it would be better to get a bike if the primary concern is back troubles and since you don't want to use a car.

I recently switched to a bike from a dio due to the non existent suspension of the dio on the lunar specced roads of suburban Bangalore. Makes a huge difference after using the bike.
shady is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2020, 12:26   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Its all about ride quality. Cannot handle bone jarring rides of Dio .
This is strictly my experience on a Kinetic Honda around 10 years back. My dad and I shared the vehicle. Due to the stiff suspension, my dad had done some sort of foam padding inside the seat while reupholstering the original seat cover. That did solve his back pain and stiffness problem to some extent. I would suggest you try that on your existing Dio before letting it go.

Last edited by Researcher : 8th January 2020 at 12:29. Reason: Added problems
Researcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2020, 12:34   #26
BHPian

You may want to be pick up the TVS (Ntroq) if you are satisfied with Jupiter.
Test drive all the scooters preferably on same road (I hope dealers provide TD experience at home or on particular road)

If ride or cushioning is the concern, try reducing the tire pressure. It does help in absorbing the hard bumps well.
You may have to pay charges at petrol pump (FE gets affected)
so it's give or take.
procrastinator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2020, 13:13   #27
BHPian

I have extensively driven Honda Activa and Suzuki Access along with some short stints on other scooters. Till now Suzuki Access is one the best scooters I came across in terms of power delivery, smooth engine and good ride quality.
Currently having two different generations of Suzuki Access in my home. 2015 model is my daily driver and 2018 model is being used by my brother.
Highh5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2020, 13:43   #28
BHPian

Suzuki Burgman all the way !
I ride Suzuki Burgman to office 3-4 times a week. My daily commute is 35 kms to office and back. The ride is a combination of a Highway and bumper to bumper traffic. I was a little apprehensive about the smaller diameter rear tyre of Burgman before riding it ,but all my doubts vanished once I rode it.
Till now I have completed 4K kms. The ride is absolute pleasure. The suspension is heavy duty and doesn't bottom out easily. The balance is good too. The acceleration is also good, not in Aprilia category, but decent enough.
Milage I get is 42-45 kmpl regularly with normal petrol. I have even got 50 kmpl when I rode too conservatively.
Brakes are a little spongy but acceptable. Under seat storage is highest in the category too.
So all in all its a decent package. Might be costlier than the competition by 6-8 K, but totally worth it IMO.

Cheers,
AB
coriollis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2020, 13:51   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlander View Post
Can you elaborate the issues with Ntorq. How is it on good and bad roads? A friend of mine is looking to pick one up.
I wouldn't address it as an issue, High. It's just the way the scooter's suspension is tuned & I bought into it knowing it fully. For some one looking for ride comfort, which I sensed as the OP's primary requirement Ntorq would be a mis-fit. As long the roads are well-mannered & well-coated, the ride remains pliant (and not plush) but the moment the roads deteriorate, every single damn undulation on the road is transferred to your spine (it's not the tyre pressure, I have been through that). Driving it in the not so perfect Bangalore roads with debris from Metro construction spewed around, unscientific speed breakers, crevices dug-in & potholes does take a toll on your back.

At low speed, the heft will also make it's presence felt but that's another story & unsuited for the topic of this thread. I presume your friend is well aware of these characteristics.
tabrez is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2020, 15:08   #30
BHPian

When we were in the market for a scooter, my wife test drove Pleasure, Maestro (Hero), Scooty Zest 110, Jupiter/Wego (TVS), Activa and Activa i (Honda), and RayZ and Cygnus Alpha (Yamaha). She liked RayZ very much for its ride and handling (connected feeling to the road is what she said), but decided on the Alpha for its practicality, which almost rides the same as RayZ. There are more options available today though. The Yamahas are lightweight, chuckable and ride well. However, they ride low and, thus, your footboard might take some hits on the really large chassis-breakers in Bengaluru.

I'd suggest you do a test-drive marathon one day (ideally the same day) and then decide for yourself.
Vikki@Hyderabad is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks