Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2020, 08:44   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scooter with the best ride quality / suspension?

^^ Since you are in Bangalore, why not give the Ather 450 a shot? I heard it is quite comfortable.
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 09:56   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
I too am in the market for a scoot. The only thing that is keeping me away from the Jupiter is the engine capacity, since I need at least 125cc and above.
I haven't driven the Activa 125 but we own two Jupiters and the Jupiter has good amount of power. I never felt short of torque and power for carrying load or overtaking.

The Jupiter has 8.4 Nm torque and the Activa 125 has 10.3 Nm.torque but both at around 5500 rpm. The rpm at daily drives and overtakes are going to be around 2500 - 4000 range. At those speeds, there would be a little difference (if any) in the available torque.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 11:13   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDED View Post
Shown your reply to wifey and she agreed that it has to be Jupiter.
Since you mentioned your wife found Jupiter to be bit high/tall for her, the balance of the scooter is very good and once the vehicle speed is above 10 kmph it becomes very nimble. She will not feel the tallness

Go for the Jupiter disc version.
sagarpadaki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 12:04   #109
BHPian

I havedriven Aviator, Activa , Jupiter and NTorq. Among all, I find Jupiter to have better suspension and comfortable ride in the city limits. I stay at a place where the roads are full of potholes and I can vouch for Jupiter.
2500cc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 12:31   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
I need at least 125cc and above.
I saw that your concern was going up an upslope with 120kg and pillion.
I think the Access is your best bet. Anything more powerful has stiff suspension.
My Access has managed weird upslopes in parking malls and flyovers without much fuss. But usually with 75-80kgs and pillion of similar or higher weight.
It's quick off the block and maintains the pace till it reaches its limits. If you haven't, take a TR and ask them if its possible to schedule a visit to your place to test out your scenario. If not then the usual TR can give you a fair idea on its capabilities.
If I was in your location I would've gladly brought over mine to test, but sadly that's not the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
She will not feel the tallness
Adding to that the Access has a seat height of 773mm while the Jupiter is lower at 760mm but seat slope and width will also matter in how high it feels.

So the TR of the Access is the only way to conclude this
shancz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 22:29   #111
BHPian

Hi All, A little off topic but I am in a desperate need of finding a good scooter mechanic for my Yamaha Ray Z. It has been unused since last 6 to 8 months and needs to be back in shape ASAP. Can anyone suggest a good mechanic around Ghatkopar/Chembur/Tilak Nagar area? Thanks in advance.
Old 14th September 2021, 23:51   #112
BHPian

Hello BHPians. The news from the Center is, that I have purchased Jupiter ZX Disc variant (BSVI) at all inclusive (including accessories) on road price of ₹99,000.

Wife is saying the ride quality on the Jupiter is years ahead vis-à-vis the earlier Activa-i. So, those looking for a scooter with best ride quality, go for Jupiter with eyes closed!
Attached Thumbnails
Scooter with the best ride quality / suspension?-449a39ba520b42de961321dd97b72741.jpeg  

Scooter with the best ride quality / suspension?-8031b792247c45f8bff4f2f5affeabf5.jpeg  

Scooter with the best ride quality / suspension?-ce0eba7cc5ab4a0c81442c93f1ca6beb.jpeg  

Scooter with the best ride quality / suspension?-2c3683cb5065488f9b7fb00a01e620d0.jpeg  

MDED is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 10:12   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoth001 View Post
Hi All, A little off topic but I am in a desperate need of finding a good scooter mechanic for my Yamaha Ray Z. It has been unused since last 6 to 8 months and needs to be back in shape ASAP. Can anyone suggest a good mechanic around Ghatkopar/Chembur/Tilak Nagar area? Thanks in advance.
There is a mechanic named Shahid oppositte Sindhu Wadi (Ghatkopar East). He is more into cars but will definitely help with your concerns or direct you to a right bike mechanic. His workshop is on the immediate left towards KJ Somaiya, oppositte Jhama Sweets.

There is a workshop at Amar Mahal to the left of Narang Cycle Mart. I have seen many bikes and scooters getting repaired by them. You may check that out as well.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 12:58   #114
BHPian

Folks, I am planning to buy a scooter primarily for nearby tasks (~10 km radius) in congested areas. It won't be used for highway or long distance commutes.

Have shorlisted Activa6g and Jupiter (both base models). As the usage is limited, I am not looking at 125 cc or higher models.

Advice needed: Jupiter (base model) is costing me around Rs 4000 more than Activa 6G (base model). Is it worth spending more on Jupiter? Or should I get an Activa 6G?
Old 25th July 2022, 13:20   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_rider View Post
Advice needed: Jupiter (base model) is costing me around Rs 4000 more than Activa 6G (base model). Is it worth spending more on Jupiter? Or should I get an Activa 6G?
With your running I don’t really see the need for spending the extra Rs 4000 unless you want to have the Jupiter.

If memory serves me right, the ride quality on Jupiter is much better than the Activa because of gas charged suspension at the rear. You might want to take a test ride of both scooters before putting your money down. If you prefer the ride quality on the Jupiter it may be worth it to spend the extra four thousand for a more comfortable experience.

Do update on which one you eventually buy. Happy shopping.

Cheers
Old 25th July 2022, 13:37   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Folks, I am planning to buy a scooter primarily for nearby tasks (~10 km radius) in congested areas. It won't be used for highway or long distance commutes.
Unless you absolutely need a scooter of Activa's/Jupiter's size, I think even a TVS Zest will also be good enough for you. It has the same engine as the Jupiter, and will definitely be a few thousands cheaper than Activa/Jupiter.

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 25th July 2022 at 13:40.
comfortablynumb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 12:59   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
With your running I don’t really see the need for spending the extra Rs 4000 unless you want to have the Jupiter......Do update on which one you eventually buy. Happy shopping.

Cheers
Finally went with Activa (base model) considering our limited usage. Costed Rs 84.5k in Gurgaon, inclusive of accessories, one Honda helmet, extended warranty, insurance and RTO charges and HSRP.

The extra cost of Jupiter pitted it against Activa-125, and so the final choice was between Activa (base) vs Activa 125.

Have driven around 10 kms till now in typical old city traffic and couldn't manage to go over 20~25 kmph wherein the ride quality seemed OK.

One advice to fellow/future scooterists - While purchasing a helmet do check if it fits under the seat. Not all helmets fit under Activa's seat. I got hold of an older Steelbird full face helmet (for pillion) from my brother and it doesn't fit under the seat.

Last edited by low_rider : 2nd August 2022 at 13:00. Reason: Spell error
low_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 13:04   #118
KPR
BANNED

Quote:

Have shorlisted Activa6g and Jupiter (both base models). As the usage is limited, I am not looking at 125 cc or higher models.

Try TVS Zest or Yamaha Ray hybrid ZR125. I feel Zest is a very good scooter for your purpose.
Old 11th September 2022, 09:49   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoth001 View Post
Hi All, A little off topic but I am in a desperate need of finding a good scooter mechanic for my Yamaha Ray Z.
Hi, its on the topic but I’m not responding to your query here, sorry for that.
How do you find the Ray Z in terms to suspension, niggle free ride, mileage, braking and handling in terms of Mumbai’s not so good roads?
How is the ground clearance while riding with pillion?
How is the seat height- will it be convenient for a lady of 5 feet height?
I’m in the search for a scooter having low seat height and good suspension.
My daily ride is 13 km one way in dense traffic to and fro from Vikhroli to Andheri.
Presently I’m using my car which takes an average of 1.5 hours one way during office hours.
I plan to buy a scooter that can be used by my daughter also, that’s why the low seat height requirement.
I’ll be riding through out the year except monsoons in city only.
Valuable inputs from all will be greatly appreciated.
Old 20th October 2022, 15:50   #120
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun Babu View Post
Hi, its on the topic but I’m not responding to your query here, sorry for that.
How do you find the Ray Z in terms to suspension, niggle free ride, mileage, braking and handling in terms of Mumbai’s not so good roads?
How is the ground clearance while riding with pillion?
How is the seat height- will it be convenient for a lady of 5 feet height?
I’m in the search for a scooter having low seat height and good suspension.
My daily ride is 13 km one way in dense traffic to and fro from Vikhroli to Andheri.
Presently I’m using my car which takes an average of 1.5 hours one way during office hours.
I plan to buy a scooter that can be used by my daughter also, that’s why the low seat height requirement.
I’ll be riding through out the year except monsoons in city only.
Valuable inputs from all will be greatly appreciated.
You meant the old Ray Z or the new Ray ZR 125?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks