Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2020, 13:28   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Ather 450X electric scooter with improved performance. EDIT: Launched, prices start at ₹99,999

More images of fhe 450X Series 1...

Ather 450X electric scooter with improved performance. EDIT: Launched, prices start at ₹99,999-img_20200927_123817.jpg

Ather 450X electric scooter with improved performance. EDIT: Launched, prices start at ₹99,999-img_20200927_12295701.jpeg

Ather 450X electric scooter with improved performance. EDIT: Launched, prices start at ₹99,999-img_20200927_124052.jpg

Ather 450X electric scooter with improved performance. EDIT: Launched, prices start at ₹99,999-img_20200927_123007.jpg

Ather 450X electric scooter with improved performance. EDIT: Launched, prices start at ₹99,999-img_20200927_123045.jpg

Ather 450X electric scooter with improved performance. EDIT: Launched, prices start at ₹99,999-img_20200927_124055.jpg

Ather 450X electric scooter with improved performance. EDIT: Launched, prices start at ₹99,999-img_20200927_124048.jpg

Ather 450X electric scooter with improved performance. EDIT: Launched, prices start at ₹99,999-img_20200927_12400601.jpeg

Ather 450X electric scooter with improved performance. EDIT: Launched, prices start at ₹99,999-img20200926wa001701.jpeg

Ather 450X electric scooter with improved performance. EDIT: Launched, prices start at ₹99,999-img20200926wa001601.jpeg

Ather 450X electric scooter with improved performance. EDIT: Launched, prices start at ₹99,999-img_20200927_123032.jpg

Source:Twitter

For someone buying in Mumbai or any of the 11 new cities...this is just a beautiful looking vehicle.

But is it worth an upgrade for the existing 450 Owners?? As it stands today I don't see much in it Unless the upgrade plan Ather offers is unbelievable.

One other thing that has come out from the event yesterday...
Whoever wants Green, will have to wait. It will be available only by the end of Q1 2021!
Whoever wants grey and white will get it immediately without any further action.
But whoever opts for this translucent panel and takes the vehicle as soon as the deliveries start will only get the opaque glossy black panels. Translucent panels will take some more time and when it comes it'll be replaced without additional cost and they'll get to keep both the panels. I don't understand what was the hurry and why this double work was needed!
hemanth.anand is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 4th October 2020, 03:14   #122
BHPian

Re: Ather 450X Collector's edition Series 1 unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Today Ather had a live unveil event of the Ather 450X Collector's edition Series 1
I heard that there was a separate event for the press yesterday, but today all t on the outside and second the dirt inside will be visible.
Thanks for the detailed report, could you please answer my below doubts

What is the real world range of 450x
Does EV range also reduce when used inside city
At what speed does the regen start?
So if I pay 99k and buy the subscription plan, do I pay the subscription plus + the cost recharging vehicle at home will be borne by me?
For someone who rides to airport twice a week, is this a good buy?
How is the ride quality when compared to a wego/Jupiter?
Old 4th October 2020, 09:47   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ather 450X Collector's edition Series 1 unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS80 View Post
What is the real world range of 450x
One of the best things of Ather compared to othr Electric vehicles is that you get what you see. If it says 75kms in Eco mode you can be sure of getting 75kms. In Ride mode you get 65kms as displayed. In Sports/warp mode you get the 55kms that's displayed on the screen. 8 out of 10 times, you actually get a little more range than displayed. And probably 1 out of 10 times you may get slightly lesser depending on your riding style and more importantly if the terrain has lot of gradients for example.

Their ARAI rating is 104kms or so and it's only on paper. It's not displayed on the vehicle. I've extracted more than 100kms twice and the record so far with a 450 is 132kms on a single charge. But those are all exceptions and not normal day to day style of riding.

Quote:
Does EV range also reduce when used inside city
No, in fact it's the opposite. EV range is better within city than on highways. The wind resistance especially reduces the range on highways (more pronounced in cars). Also within city there is a lot of regen happening. Unlike ICE vehicles there's no wastage of energy in 'idling'.

Quote:
At what speed does the regen start?
Below 85% battery levels regen starts everytime you leave the throttle or apply brakes. You can also turn the throttle in the opposite direction to get more regen and use it like an engine braking to slowdown the vehicle to a certain extent. It doesn't bring the vehicle to a complete halt though.

Quote:
So if I pay 99k and buy the subscription plan, do I pay the subscription plus + the cost recharging vehicle at home will be borne by me?
Yes that's how it is. Battery subscription is like a Loan EMI on the battery. 99k is the cost of the vehicle without battery. In battery subscription plan the one advantage is that if the battery degrades to less than 80% it'll be replaced without any questions. If you buy the scooter ouright, battery will be replaced if it degrades to less than 70% within the warranty period. Apart from the battery subscription plans there are other subscriptions to cover charging cost, connectivity costs, service costs similar to the 450. But as it stands today Battery subscription plan isn't yet available.more details are awaited.

Quote:
For someone who rides to airport twice a week, is this a good buy?
From where and how's your riding style matters a lot. Recently a charging station is added at Olive planet which is the closest charging option to airport available which is a good addition for Airport rides. There are many people who've done airport rides on a single charge and many more who've done it with a topup in one of the charging points. So if you are withing the one full range of the vehicle or have this additional time to topup then it's not a problem.

Quote:
How is the ride quality when compared to a wego/Jupiter?
When it comes to balanced ride Wego /Jupiter is the benchmark for ICE vehicles. Ather is a notch higher when it comes to that. It's so well balanced at low speeds and high speeds alike and is so flickable in traffic too.
The suspension (especially the rear) however is on the harder side compared to Wego/Jupiter. So it's better with a pillion.
hemanth.anand is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 08:17   #124
BHPian

I had pre-booked my Ather 450X and will be getting mine in November in Pune. Ather gave me 450X to try out the warp mode over the last weekend. I have posted a review on their forum.

https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/450x...u=thakur.ketan
Ketan T is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 20:03   #125
BHPian

Ather has made lot of changes to the ownership options for 450X. They have also reduced the cost of 450 Plus. They have done away with the battery subscription. The blog has all the latest pricing and service subscription plan details:
https://blog.atherenergy.com/sales-p...g-24e86abcec11
Ketan T is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 23:12   #126

Re: Ather 450X electric scooter with improved performance. EDIT: Launched, prices start at ₹99,999

Hi,

So after a wait of around 9-10 months, got an email from Ather that my payment window is open to buy 450X. I am also eligible for Series 1.
But in during this wait time, few things changed..
1. Job change
2. WFH is a feasible option at office
Now my new office is around 4.5Km from my home. I have a car which i take out everywhere. do not have any other vehicle.
So now my confusion is, should i buy Ather 450X paying Rs.167000 or should i go for any other petrol 2-wheeler as my usage might be less. I do plan to take 2-wheeler to office and to any near by places.

Please suggest!!

TIA.
JamoonDriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2020, 18:27   #127
Team-BHP Support

Ather begins deliveries of 450X in Bengaluru, Chennai

Ather has announced that it has begun deliveries of the 450X in Bengaluru and Chennai. The electric scooter is also available in Hyderabad, Pune, Ahmedabad and Mumbai. It is expected to be available in the rest of the country soon.

Ather 450X electric scooter with improved performance. EDIT: Launched, prices start at ₹99,999-450x.png

Ather launched the 450X in January this year and the company had announced that deliveries would commence in the month of November.

Ather 450X electric scooter with improved performance. EDIT: Launched, prices start at ₹99,999-image_3.jpeg

The 450X is powered by an electric motor that produces 8 BHP and 26 Nm. Ather claims that it can accelerate from 0-40 km/h in 3.3 seconds and reach a top speed of 80 km/h. It has a gradeability of 20 degrees.

Ather 450X electric scooter with improved performance. EDIT: Launched, prices start at ₹99,999-image_2.jpg

The scooter comes with a 2.5 kWh lithium-ion battery that has a claimed maximum range of 70 km on a single charge. It also has an Eco mode which increases the range to 85 km. It takes 3 hours and 35 mins to recharge the battery to 80% of its capacity. The battery can be recharged to 100% in 5 hours 45 mins.

Ather 450X electric scooter with improved performance. EDIT: Launched, prices start at ₹99,999-image_1.jpg

The scooter has a side-stand sensor and comes with a 7-inch digital instrument display powered by a 1.3 GHz Snapdragon processor. It also has 4G LTE capability and Bluetooth 4.2.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Last edited by Aditya : 20th November 2020 at 18:29.
Aditya is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 02:14   #128
BHPian

Re: Ather begins deliveries of 450X in Bengaluru, Chennai

It has almost the same amount of torque as a Classic 350 and weighs about half as much. Has anyone ridden one yet? I bet it's fun as hell.
karanddd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 21:06   #129
BHPian

Re: Ather begins deliveries of 450X in Bengaluru, Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanddd View Post
It has almost the same amount of torque as a Classic 350 and weighs about half as much. Has anyone ridden one yet? I bet it's fun as hell.
I did have a spin on the 450x about 2 weeks back. The instantaneous torque on tap made it a hoot and a half to ride. The handling was sharp and the scooter was easy to handle and manoeuvre in the crazy Pune traffic.

However, the size of the scooter is a bit on the small size; to a person watching on the road, it will feel like the person is riding a kids scooter.

Plus, the pricing is a huge turn off; you need to pay around 1.7L on road here in Pune and then add on the subscription services for OTA updates and access to other parameters. I had booked this way back in Jan 2020 and finally ended up cancelling the same for the above reasons.

All in all, a good attempt by Ather. It will be interesting to see how the 450x stacks up against the soon to be launched Suzuki Access and the one from TVS.
sidbp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 03:02   #130
BHPian

Re: Ather 450X electric scooter with improved performance. EDIT: Launched, prices start at ₹99,999

Test Drove a beta version of the Ather 450x today, in Mumbai. They have the showroom coming up in Khar, Linking Road. Since the showroom hasn't yet been opened yet, all test drive/ sales requests are being handled outside the showroom. The showroom will be operational in Mid December, as per the sales team.

Ather 450X electric scooter with improved performance. EDIT: Launched, prices start at ₹99,999-img_3140.jpg

Ather 450X electric scooter with improved performance. EDIT: Launched, prices start at ₹99,999-img_3142-2.jpg

Initial Impressions and information:
  • Love the concept of the scooter which was complemented with the good knowledge and explanation of it, by the Ather team.
  • Warp mode is a lot of fun. The acceleration lives up to the hype. It is that good.
  • The test ride vehicle was a beta version, which did not have the Sport mode, but did have the Warp mode. I also noticed it did not have production features like, disabling the starting of the scooter when the side stand was engaged.
  • The touchscreen and software integration, along with the various features, felt great and futuristic.
  • They had the Green and Grey colours on display, and a white 450 in the parking. In terms of looks I didn't find the grey to be appealing. The white one looked simple, yet elegant. Liked the green the most. It looks futuristic and creates a distinct identity for the scooter. You cannot mistake it for anything else on the road.
  • The suspension was good. Did not hear a single rattle from the suspension or body panels when ridden over potholes.
  • Cannot install rear footrests on the scooter.
  • Deliveries will begin in January if booked now.
  • The test ride vehicles were KA Registered.
  • On road of 1.68 lakhs for the 450x. Both finance and leasing options available.

Subsequent Impressions:
  • The price of the scooter is quite high. However with many ICE scooters now priced above 1 lakh, and also considering the new technology at offer, it doesn't seem as unreasonable. The only drawback is the range, which I feel does not justify the price.
  • The range of the scooter in Warp mode is 50 kms only. It increases as you go down the modes. If I were to get it, I would only use it in the Warp mode. 50 kms doesn't make sense to me. To be a viable replacement for an ICE scooter, the range should be at least 100kms, in the Warp mode.
  • I would say, a Vespa or Aprilia owner would upgrade to an Ather. Unfortunately, we don't have many compared to the mass market scooter owners. We could also have early adopters get the scooter. These again are not many in number.
  • The scooter makes sense as a second secondary scooter. It cannot be used as a commuter, considering the range. Even if the commute is within range, I wouldn't want to be charing the scooter for 5 hours every 2nd or 3rd day. 1 charge per week would make it less of an inconvenience, almost the same as going to a petrol station to get your tank full would.
  • I like buttons more than touch screens, solely due to durability. Since a lot of the scooter is software driven, I wonder about the longevity of the scooter. You can use an ICE scooter for years without issues, if mechanically sound. What would happen to the longevity of the 450x when it is discontinued, for the next big thing. How long will the scooter get support, or how long will the software be developed and maintained? These are some questions which come to mind.

I think the scooter is revolutionary. However, in order to be successful I think Ather should either reduce the price or increase the range 2x or 3x, where an ICE scooter owner will look at the fuel expenses they are incurring and think of himself as stupid for not switching owner to electric.

The price reduction and range increase will definitely happen, but when is the question. Hopefully it is in the near future.

Last edited by omar : 30th November 2020 at 03:12.
omar is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 22:12   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

Ather is one of the sponsors for the India-Australia cricket series happening currently.

Ather 450X electric scooter with improved performance. EDIT: Launched, prices start at ₹99,999-img20201120wa000501.jpeg

Today they also announced on their forum that the ads will start airing from tomorrow on TV, Print, OTT etc. They also gave the link to a 10s video of the ad campain which they call "Breakthrough".

hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2020, 11:26   #132
Senior - BHPian

Though I am yet to test drive the 450x, very much impressed with the scoot. Since I am in the market to buy a scooter for daily errands, Ather suits my requirement. The only issue is, I stay at the 10th floor (on rent for now). Wish they could have given batteries that can be swapped on the go where I could just carry the battery back to my flat to charge it overnight.
rakesh_r is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2020, 14:29   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Though I am yet to test drive the 450x, very much impressed with the scoot. Since I am in the market to buy a scooter for daily errands, Ather suits my requirement. The only issue is, I stay at the 10th floor (on rent for now). Wish they could have given batteries that can be swapped on the go where I could just carry the battery back to my flat to charge it overnight.
Depending on the society, you can make arrangements to have the Ather DOT charging station in the parking drawing power from either your flat's meter box or the common lighting circuit by paying the society.
ohaak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2020, 15:23   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan T View Post
I had pre-booked my Ather 450X and will be getting mine in November in Pune. Ather gave me 450X to try out the warp mode over the last weekend. I have posted a review on their forum.

https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/450x...u=thakur.ketan
Hi, have deliveries started in Pune? Did you get yours as planned in November end?
Old 15th December 2020, 15:54   #135
BHPian

I haven't received my 450X yet. Most probably deliveries will start in a week. I have completed the payment last week.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks