Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2020, 15:29   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ather 450X electric scooter with improved performance. EDIT: Launched, prices start at ₹99,999

Mod Note: BHPian nkrishnap's Ather 450X Ownership Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Ather Energy has announced a new electric scooter called the 450X.

Ather 450X electric scooter with improved performance. EDIT: Launched, prices start at ₹99,999-ather-450x.jpg

The Ather 450X is expected to offer improved performance over the regular 450. The company claims that it will have better connectivity and more intelligence.

The regular Ather 450 is powered by a Brushless DC electric motor (BLDC) with an output of 7.2 BHP and 20.5 Nm. It comes with a 2.4 kWh lithium-ion battery that is claimed to offer a maximum range of 107 km on single charge. Technical details of the 450X are not known.

The Ather 450X will be a limited edition and will be available across India. Pre-orders will begin shortly.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by Aditya : 17th January 2022 at 11:31. Reason: Link to ownership review added
TusharK is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 7th January 2020, 15:39   #2
BHPian

re: Ather 450X electric scooter with improved performance. EDIT: Launched, prices start at ₹99,999

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Ather Energy has announced a new electric scooter called the 450X.

The Ather 450X will be a limited edition and will be available across India. Pre-orders will begin shortly.
450X will not be a limited edition model. There will be a limited edition called "450X Collector’s Edition" which will be available for only a few who got invites from Ather.
sri_tesla is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th January 2020, 15:45   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Ather 450X electric scooter with improved performance. EDIT: Launched, prices start at ₹99,999

Somehow, this seems like an exercise for stock clearance. How is Ather doing financially? Is this a case of too many kits lying unsold? I liked the 450, it was something new and exciting, although it’s price meant it was pretty much a rich boy’s toy.
Old 7th January 2020, 16:39   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Somehow, this seems like an exercise for stock clearance. How is Ather doing financially? Is this a case of too many kits lying unsold? I liked the 450, it was something new and exciting, although it’s price meant it was pretty much a rich boy’s toy.
There is a waiting list of several months and they cannot meet the current demand, so it is definitely not a stock clearance thing. They have been working on the current 450 for a long time, so it was time for a hardware upgrade. I wonder if all they will discontinue the current 450 and upgrade all the current waitlisted customers to the 450X, or if they will have both models available in parallel.

I think they will add a bigger battery and a 4G sim, instead of the current 3G sim. Maybe add some of the missing features that the current customers have been demanding for a long time, like a center stand, for instance (although it is highly unlikely).

Last edited by Newpunter : 7th January 2020 at 16:41. Reason: Added more content
Newpunter is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th January 2020, 17:20   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Maybe add some of the missing features that the current customers have been demanding for a long time, like a center stand, for instance (although it is highly unlikely).
Centre stand is not there. it's clearly mentioned in their website
Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 9457
Size:  27.4 KB

Just to remind...450x is not entirely new. we had see it in an FMSCI racing event. More on that is mentioned in this post

Ather 450X electric scooter with improved performance. EDIT: Launched, prices start at ₹99,999-8c13478fb8f206d55f1a1d559d918b23ce938a39-1.jpeg

Ather 450X electric scooter with improved performance. EDIT: Launched, prices start at ₹99,999-a80419e81e973ff2c65e77ad4dcf60aa14211470-1.jpeg

Ather 450X electric scooter with improved performance. EDIT: Launched, prices start at ₹99,999-screenshot_20190522200624_instagram.jpg

Although it may not exactly be this version, but I expect it to be closer to this. Specs are to be revealed in a couple of weeks.

Good thing is they have told that they'll soon come up with a upgrade program for existing owners! Interested to see what exactly the upgrade program has in store. Since the pre-order amount was only ₹2,500, I placed a pre-order. If the upgrade program is good, I'll upgrade, or else I'll let this pass. pre-ordering will keep me higher in the queue in case I decide to go ahead with the 450x.

Below are some other rules and FAQs regarding the 450X .

Ather 450X electric scooter with improved performance. EDIT: Launched, prices start at ₹99,999-annotation-20200107-170532.jpg

Quote:
Existing owner? We will obviously support and improve your Ather 450s through OTAs and continues to deliver a great ownership experience through the subscription plans. We’ll communicate on an upgrade program from the Ather 450 soon. In case you are interested in an upgrade, pre-ordering now will make sure that you are ahead in the queue to own the Collector’s Edition.
Quote:
I have already pre-ordered Ather 450 with ₹5000. Can you upgrade my order to Ather 450X?

That’s easy. Just pre-order the Ather 450X with ₹2500 to reserve it while you have the privilege of early access. We will communicate the product, price and delivery timelines later this month. You can then decide whether you want the Ather 450 or Ather 450X (or both ). Thereafter, in case you want to cancel your 450 order, drop us an email or call us.
Quote:
I have already completed the full payment formalities for my Ather 450, the vehicle has been registered and I was going to take its delivery. Now, I would like to wait for the 450X instead and take delivery of that. Is that possible?

If your Ather 450 has been registered at an RTO already, this won’t be possible. One option that you could consider at a later point is to upgrade to an Ather 450X. There will be an upgrade program with our external partner(s). We will communicate it to you in due course. In order to be eligible for this, however, you’ll need to pre-order the 450X with a refundable ₹2500.

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 7th January 2020 at 17:21.
hemanth.anand is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th January 2020, 17:25   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Maybe add some of the missing features that the current customers have been demanding for a long time, like a center stand, for instance (although it is highly unlikely).
Looks like Ather already knew people will be hoping for the Center Stand (and went ahead and dashed their hopes ) .

Ather 450X electric scooter with improved performance. EDIT: Launched, prices start at ₹99,999-capture.jpg

Got an email from Ather about the imminent launch and they are giving a pre launch offer with invite codes. Apparently, the limited edition is for those who have pre-ordered.
I did the Pre-Order by paying 2500, which is refundable, and will wait to see if they have any offers for exchanging the old one. Mine is on lease, so I'm ok to upgrade, if it doesn't cost me too much extra money.

PS. If anyone wants to pre-order, I can give you invite codes for the same (I don't get any benefit from this, so I hope this is not against the rules).
Newpunter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2020, 20:52   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Definitely not! After a very long wait of 2.5 months, I got my Ather delivered only a week back.

Looking at few recent announcements, the company seems to be in expansion mode. Unless it is a PR work! The company has announced setting of new factory and opening of new experience centers.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...-hosur-tn.html (Ather to open new scooter factory in Hosur, TN)

https://www.team-bhp.com/news/ather-...dealer-network
LoneRidder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2020, 09:33   #8
KPR
BANNED

I have got a pre order invite for 450x. I'm currently located in Trichy TN and I don't know how it will be delivered to me here in Trichy ! No dealership, no servicing and no charging stations. Are they sending invites to Ather forum members ? Users need your opinion: Can I buy this 450x for the pleasure of riding within Trichy? Is home charging possible?
Old 8th January 2020, 11:22   #9
BHPian

I received an email and I am in Mumbai, where they're not present currently. Perhaps they're going nationwide? Any updates?
Old 8th January 2020, 11:40   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like Ather already knew people will be hoping for the Center Stand (and went ahead and dashed their hopes ) .

Attachment 1954470

Got an email from Ather about the imminent launch and they are giving a pre launch offer with invite codes. Apparently, the limited edition is for those who have pre-ordered.
I did the Pre-Order by paying 2500, which is refundable, and will wait to see if they have any offers for exchanging the old one. Mine is on lease, so I'm ok to upgrade, if it doesn't cost me too much extra money.

PS. If anyone wants to pre-order, I can give you invite codes for the same (I don't get any benefit from this, so I hope this is not against the rules).
I have placed a pre-order as well for 450X. They plan to launch it in Pune as well so I was able to pre-order.
Old 8th January 2020, 20:01   #11
BHPian

Even i got an invite,but i am not able to place a pre-order. the moment i click on "proceed and Pay", it takes me back to the screen where we have to enter the code.

Tried calling Ather on the number mentioned, but no response.

Anybody else facing this issue?
Old 8th January 2020, 21:12   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi there. If this is still relevant can I request you to share the invite code? Not sure if I can benefit from this being based in Mumbai but want to consider if they're widening their footprint. Thank you
Old 8th January 2020, 21:35   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Hi there. If this is still relevant can I request you to share the invite code? Not sure if I can benefit from this being based in Mumbai but want to consider if they're widening their footprint. Thank you
You can use this code : 32ZYFA.

I have 2 more if anyone else needs it.
Newpunter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th January 2020, 06:21   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Mumbai is definitely confirmed to be part of their next set of cities.
The below image is from their Twitter page

Ather 450X electric scooter with improved performance. EDIT: Launched, prices start at ₹99,999-screenshot_20200109061936_twitter.jpg
hemanth.anand is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th January 2020, 10:39   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Hi there. If this is still relevant can I request you to share the invite code?
Here you go. My two codes.

JSMQ38

6OXFAA

Feel free to use.
Romins is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks