Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2020, 13:14   #1
Senior - BHPian

Royal Enfield Classic 350 BS6 launched at Rs. 1.65 lakh

Royal Enfield has launched the BS6 compliant Classic 350. It is priced at Rs. 1,65,025 (ex-showroom).

Royal Enfield Classic 350 BS6 launched at Rs. 1.65 lakh-bsviroyalenfieldclassic350chrome2606.jpg

The Classic 350 is powered by an upgraded 346cc, single-cylinder engine that features electronic fuel injection. The engine puts out 19.5 BHP and 28 Nm of torque. The bike also comes with a new catalytic converter, temperature sensor and an oxygen sensor.

Royal Enfield Classic 350 BS6 launched at Rs. 1.65 lakh-bsviroyalenfieldclassic350stealthblack62b5.jpg

The Classic 350 BS6 comes with a new instrument cluster that has low-fuel and engine malfunction indicators. It also gets a side-stand inhibitor and dual-channel ABS.

The Classic 350 BS6 is available in 6 colour options - Stealth Black, Chrome Black, Gunmetal Grey, Signals Airborne Blue and Signals Storm Rider Sand and Classic Black.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 8th January 2020, 14:54   #2
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Classic 350 BS6 launched at Rs. 1.65 lakh

Correct me if I'm wrong here guys but while the Chrome verison looks drop dead gorgeous out of the showroom and justifies the name Classic like never before, wouldn't it be filled with very prominent swirl marks and scratches in no time? And that too an irreversible one in that. I'm not sure if RE has some trick up their sleeves to prevent the same but the decision not to go for the same seems like a no-brainer to me.
aenkay91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2020, 16:18   #3
BHPian

All the bells and whistles in the name of BS6, and still no proper fuel gauge!
That poor excuse of a low fuel indicator isn't going to do any good, particularly in FI systems where it is not recommended to keep the fuel level low.
Old 8th January 2020, 16:28   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aenkay91 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong here guys but while the Chrome verison looks drop dead gorgeous out of the showroom and justifies the name Classic like never before, wouldn't it be filled with very prominent swirl marks and scratches in no time? And that too an irreversible one in that. .
I have a 15 year old Chrome Machismo 350 without any swirl marks on the tank or elsewhere, and all original stickering. It ain't that difficult to maintain - and it is just the best looking retro bike (in my humble opinion)
Skidrow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2020, 16:29   #5
Senior - BHPian

As per reports, RE is already extensively testing the new generation Classic with completely new power plants.

In that case, this BS6 350cc UCE EFI lump can become a rarity (which may be an issue for spares), unless the new generation bikes get delayed by years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aenkay91 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong here guys but while the Chrome verison looks drop dead gorgeous out of the showroom and justifies the name Classic like never before, wouldn't it be filled with very prominent swirl marks and scratches in no time? And that too an irreversible one in that. I'm not sure if RE has some trick up their sleeves to prevent the same but the decision not to go for the same seems like a no-brainer to me.
Chrome is surprising easy to maintain, provided it is not abused.
For example, Good quality Chromed Bathrooms taps can be maintained for decades, unless they are scratched willfully using scotch brite etc.

Just to add, I have seen old Electras with Paint faded off, but with sparkling brilliant chrome mudguards.

Last edited by abhishek46 : 8th January 2020 at 16:38.
abhishek46 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2020, 17:54   #6
BHPian

Going by how RE does the model upgrades or revamps, I don't think there will much that is going to be changed when they release the new model later this year.

And yes, the Chrome version looks dope!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks