Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2020, 14:33   #46
BHPian

Re: What motorcycle for 1.5 - 2.3 lakhs? Naked bikes preferred

I would throw in the P220 here, especially now that it is available with Fuel Injection. The pricing is probably within/less than your budget but it's a peach to drive and has plenty of power on offer right from the get go.

Pillion comfort is good enough plus it has the additional advantage of projector lamps which will be of great help during long tours, especially at night.

Fuel economy is pretty decent too. I stretched my P220 to 52kmpl once and that was back in 2010.

As far as your service center requirement is concerned, it's a Bajaj so service centers shouldn't be hard to come by.
Old 10th September 2020, 22:44   #47
BHPian

Any Team BHPian with a Yammy MT15? My Cousin's son is shifting to Chennai for his first job. He has been driving a Unicorn in his native and is comfortable with bikes. His drives will be pretty much within City with an ocassional weekend drive to Mahabs or Pondy. Within a budget of 1.5Lakhs are there any good options other than the MT15 for a young biker. This guy's is 6.2ft tall with a lean build.
venbas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2020, 09:47   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venbas View Post
Any Team BHPian with a Yammy MT15? My Cousin's son is shifting to Chennai for his first job. He has been driving a Unicorn in his native and is comfortable with bikes. His drives will be pretty much within City with an ocassional weekend drive to Mahabs or Pondy. Within a budget of 1.5Lakhs are there any good options other than the MT15 for a young biker. This guy's is 6.2ft tall with a lean build.
Can't he bring his Unicorn to Chennai? There's no better city commuter, and Pondy / Mahabs is quite doable on it if you aren't in a hurry (I've done it on a Splendor, but then traffic was also not that heavy in the early years of 200x).

If he absolutely wants a new bike, then TVS Apache RTR 200 and Gixxer 160 are also good alternatives to the MT15, assuming the ceiling of 1.5L is the on road price.

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 11th September 2020 at 09:49.
comfortablynumb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2020, 10:42   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

The TVS Apache RTR 200 4V is an excellent choice in this segment for commuting and weekend rides in the Rs 1.5L price range. Being Madras, there will be plenty of good TVS service centers as well.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2020, 19:41   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Can't he bring his Unicorn to Chennai? There's no better city commuter, and Pondy / Mahabs is quite doable on it if you aren't in a hurry (I've done it on a Splendor, but then traffic was also not that heavy in the early years of 200x).

If he absolutely wants a new bike, then TVS Apache RTR 200 and Gixxer 160 are also good alternatives to the MT15, assuming the ceiling of 1.5L is the on road price.
Thanks for the replies. The Unicorn belongs to my cousin. Being a trueblue millennial the kid wants his own bike that is not a commuter bike! Thankfully we managed to get him out of the Duke type craze till he is really ready for the big league. And yes the OTR budget is 1.5 lakhs.
venbas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks