Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2007, 10:42   #1
BHPian

what should be my first bike...??

hay guys!!!
i need some help with my first bike>> i will be eligible for a lisence soon and i was thinking about kZM but the recent upgrade was a tipical hh one.. but even without a engine upgrade it is very good.. Many of u on the forum own one and iam sure the ownership experience is way better than a pulsars..
i have to still get used to the gears ... i learnt on a splendor and controling the clutch in the first gear is still a problem...
iam not bothered about the milage at all...
WHAT DO YOU GUYS SAY ???

thanks!!
Old 3rd March 2007, 11:01   #2
BHPian

Hey Vibhhu i would suggest that you spend some more time handling in the 1st gear, as you have learnt on a splendor , try to upgrade that, in other words 1st get the feel of the KZMA and its Initial pick up (check if any of ur friends have one I mean the Karizma)and a bit of handling, and then probably you can go for the new one, also look at options like P200 and P220.

RIde Safe... Always wear a helmet tooo
Old 3rd March 2007, 12:28   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SohailPistawala View Post
RIde Safe... Always wear a helmet tooo
And I suggest you wait till you are 18 too. Get a legal ungeared vehicle till then.
Old 3rd March 2007, 20:17   #4
BHPian

i too want u too practice more on the smaller bikes ... i too learnt on a splendor ... but get used to traffic driving with gears .. then buy good bike ... until then make sure to practice with other bikes also ... preferably under a supervision as they may me able to pin point ur mistake
Old 3rd March 2007, 22:05   #5
BHPian

I feel its all right to fine tune your riding skills on a Karizma. Its got very good clutch and gear system when compared to other bikes and should not be a problem to learn on it. It would take a maximum of 2 weeks IMO to be very comfortable at riding it. As for the bike, its is very good but the service in Bangalore is not too great and different from Bajaj.
Old 4th March 2007, 12:02   #6
BHPian

thanks guys....
iam getting used to the clutch.
Also there are a lot of viberations at(no rev meter)i think is around 5000-6000 rpm.. is it normal or is the bike out of shape?? ..i know its not a sports bike or anything but the vibes are quite intense.....

Most Viewed