Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2020, 14:17   #31
BHPian

Re: Ruminations of an ageing wannabe Biker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxman9192 View Post
Thank you for this post Ganapathy sir! I had a really great time reading it and will surely use your wisdom in my own life.
Thanks Laxman . Wishing you All the very best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arulpeem View Post
That is an excellent write up and a big and bold step to do what you love. It was indeed a pleasure reading your story and you do write well also. Let me welcome you to the so called middle aged riders. I also restarted my riding in 2014 at the age of 54 after a gap of 20 years and is going strong now. In my loosely knit rider group the oldest is 70 and we rode to Goa a couple of months backs from Chennai. My father still complains to my wife as to why does she let me ride at this age. Fortunately she lets me ride, though I never asked her why lets me go on long trips regularly. . The longest she has ridden pillion with me is from Chennai to Pondy and back.
Would love to read about more of your rides over the coming months.
Thank you Sir for your inspiring words. I really wish that I can continue to ride into my sixties as some of your team members do. Wow Sir, Chennai to Goa is some ride. Do hope to continue my riding and will post details of the same here. Thank you once again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Congratulations on your New Ride Sir!! and also for taking the step towards liberation. I also own a 2017 Dominar and ride her every day. Once the bike has run-in and it opens up, you will enjoy the long-distance rides even more.

Do read up on bike maintenance and upkeep, especially the chain lubing and cleaning and precautions in case of long parking or break downs to keep you prepared. The bike is very reliable and low maintenance. Getting a pair of Auxillary LED lamps and Hazard flashers is also recommended.

Ride Safe!!
Thanks Maverick for your kind words. Am hoping that the vibrations will reduce as I pile on the Kilometres on the odometer. Will definitely take up your advice and read up on Bike Maintenance and chain lubing. Have already procured and fixed Auxillary LED lights. Need your advice and recommendations regarding Hazard flashers. Thanks once again.
Old 24th January 2020, 15:32   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganapathy View Post
Need your advice and recommendations regarding Hazard flashers. Thanks once again.
You can try the Hazard flashers available on Amazon, Autofy is a good brand. Look for a plug and play variant. Mine was one that required modifications to the wiring.
Old 28th January 2020, 21:24   #33

Dear Mr. Ganapathy,

Really happy and proud to see this travelogue. Your articulation of the feelings going in your head was awesome. You are one of those people who have reinstated the fact that dreams can be realized at any age. Wish you many more safe kms on your Dominar
Old 5th February 2020, 13:00   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick14 View Post
Dear Mr. Ganapathy,

Really happy and proud to see this travelogue. Your articulation of the feelings going in your head was awesome. You are one of those people who have reinstated the fact that dreams can be realized at any age. Wish you many more safe kms on your Dominar
Thank you Maverick for your kind words and wishes.
Old 5th February 2020, 13:19   #35
BHPian

Mr. Ganapathy ,

Really happy to see you chasing your dream. I like the green colour that you have got on your bike. I would like to wish you more happy miles on your bike. Ride safe and enjoy.
Old 19th February 2020, 16:00   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshan Joshi View Post
Mr. Ganapathy ,

Really happy to see you chasing your dream. I like the green colour that you have got on your bike. I would like to wish you more happy miles on your bike. Ride safe and enjoy.
Thanks Eshan for your kind Wishes. Take care
Old 26th March 2020, 19:21   #37
BHPian

Wow. I could completely relate with your ruminations. Being a couple of years younger than you, I too am in the same boat. Reactions from family is the same. I am considering between the Dominar 400UG, Jawa Perak and the Jawa 42. The process is now delayed due to the current situation around us. Best wishes and ride safe.
Old 30th March 2020, 15:55   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Av8r View Post
Wow. I could completely relate with your ruminations. Being a couple of years younger than you, I too am in the same boat. Reactions from family is the same. I am considering between the Dominar 400UG, Jawa Perak and the Jawa 42. The process is now delayed due to the current situation around us. Best wishes and ride safe.

Thank you Zen Av8r, Wishing you all the best and many memorable kms on the Odo.Cheers and do ride safely
Ganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks