Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2020, 21:13   #1
BHPian

Ruminations of an ageing wannabe Biker

Ruminations of an aging wannabe Biker.

Hi Guys,

I have, for a very long time now, been thinking of sharing my thoughts in this elite cluster of motorheads. For too long, I have just sat on this thought and done nothing about it. In many ways the story of my life, until a few weeks back I just decided that enough is enough and I decided to act on this thought of mine, The result is the article below, Since it is my first attempt, I apologise for any errors in thoughts formatting, etc. and request your kind forbearance.

There comes a defining stage in everyone’s life, wherein one single incident or news could trigger off a stream of thoughts, a wave of emotions, and then suddenly, the finiteness of life hits you. This happened to me a few months back, and I sat down on a Saturday morning, staring vacantly out the window as my thoughts culminated in a stroll down Memory lane.

Let ‘s start at the very beginning, A very good place to start ( As per Julia Andrews in Sound of Music), I remember more than 4 decades ago in my teenage (I can hear the gears clicking in your head as you do the math and think, God, this guy is prehistoric ) pleading with my father to let me ride his Lambretta Scooter for just a bit. I remember vividly the first day I was allowed to ride it and did so successfully. I think it was the happiest day of my life. I would always be looking for an opportunity to ride my Dad’s Scooter, always the first one to volunteer for running errands, dropping relatives at the bus stand, and so on and so forth. As soon as I went to work, I initially traded it for an Explorer (I am sure the majority of you would not have even heard of this bike by RE), I then graduated to a Kawasaki Bajaj RTZ. Then started my journey with Bajaj, and I have been a faithful customer through thick and thin. I have had my fair share of heartburn, more than fair share, as a matter of fact, disappointment and frustrations with them, but for some unfathomable reason, I have been unable to break away and look elsewhere. I was then an ardent Biker. However, I could never go on long trips, something I always dreamt off.

Then, unfortunately, life happened. I got married, Priorities changed, I spent more than a decade abroad, and all my dreams were rudely shoved to the rear end of a long list of requirements and demands. I returned in 2005 and faithfully resumed my relationship with Bajaj. A Caliber Croma followed by a Pulsar 180 and then a Pulsar 200 NS. Never mind that my Bikes were sparingly used, in mint condition, the odometer reading was only in 4 digits, whenever Bajaj announced a new premium model, I lined up to buy it. However, I was still running the corporate rat race and could not find the time to act on my dreams. The fact that Societal norms did look upon strangely, any person in his fifties who thought about driving a motorcycle even for commuting and short errands when he could afford a 4 wheeler leave alone touring did not help my cause as I could not bring myself to break free. Then the Bajaj Dominar was launched at the end of 2016, and the bug bit me again. My 200 NS was still in mint showroom condition and had registered just a few 1000’s on the odometer, I voraciously consumed every article written about the Dominar on BHP, every U tube video and bored my friends to death regarding the virtues of this bike, but I still could not get down to getting rid of my 200NS and buying it.

Which brings me back to the Sunday morning when a stream of events suddenly hit me. By then, I had eventually surmised what millions had done before me and will surely do in the future as well, i.e. the futility of the rat race. It finally dawned on me on a Eureka moment that, neither do we belong to the rodent species nor is life a race. Sanity prevailed, and I philosophised that while one definitely does have a duty to attend to the needs and priorities of the family and near and dear, one is also obliged to be fair to oneself. Especially when you suddenly realize that one is unlikely to inhabit planet earth forever despite one wishing to do so and that the proverbial biological clock is ticking and time is running out. Or in 20:20 parlance a cricket fan would say, one suddenly realises that one is now at the business end of life, it is now or never. I got up from my chair, put on my sneakers, and headed out to the nearest Bajaj showroom. The decision had been made. I would continue my tryst with Bajaj. The Dominar would soon join my long list of Bajaj Motorcycles.

Alas, I was in for a rude shock. Bajaj never fails to surprise me. Probably shock would be a more appropriate term. I was told that I could not get a test drive. I could not believe that Bajaj would expect potential customers to part with about Rs 2 lakhs of their hard-earned money without even getting a feel of the motorcycle. Things got even worse; when I was arguing with the Sales representative, he magnanimously told me that if I booked the vehicle, then he would allot the bike and then offer me a test drive on that Bike. By this time, I was very close to losing it totally. What this Sales representative was telling me effectively was that if I booked a Bike, then he would condescend to offer me my own bike for a test drive. This was the proverbial last straw on the Camel’s back. I fumed out of the Showroom and even thought about the unthinkable, shifting loyalties. However, some bonds are just meant to be forever. I shot out a plea vide e-mail to the Bajaj Representative, and I got a prompt reply that I could get a Test Drive at another location.

The experience at this dealer’s place was just the very opposite. They were extremely courteous and offered the Test drive at a time convenient to me. The Test drive confirmed what I knew all along that the Dominar 400 was the Bike for me. The bike was booked, Payments done. Bhp articles guided me, and pre-delivery checks were done, and within a few days, I proudly drove a green Dominar 2019 UG to my house. The first port of call was obviously the Temple, and God's Blessings were sought. I named it the Green Monster. I then started devouring every article on the net, Team-BHP in particular, and every video on Youtube regarding accessories for the Dominar. I spent so much time on the Tab watching Vlogs on youtube and installation instructions that the better half got quite suspicious as to what I was up to on my Tab. Deliberations, Comparisons, and a zillion discussions later, I decided to part with my money in favour of Lluvia’s Windscreen, Number Plate Holder, Rear Pillion Backrest, Handle Bar risers. I then got the Knuckle guards and Mobile Charger from GP Road.

I was now itching to take the bike on a long drive. In 6 Weeks of using every opportunity to drive locally, I had just pushed 450 Kms on the odometer. I got the first service done. It went off uneventfully. Now was the time to think about a long drive, the dream of my life. Immediate family was not amused at my idea. The common line of argument was that guys pushing 58 sat at Home reading “The Hindu“ and watched Serials on TV. They did not go around buying bikes, leave alone 400cc bikes. Long Drive forget it, you need to get your head checked.

Would I chicken out again as I had done for most of my life and conform to perceived Societal norms. Well, miracles never cease. After severe introspection, I decided that come what may; I would tick this box of a long drive off my bucket list. Hence along with my friend Vicha (who has been a loyal friend and supporter all along and has egged me on throughout this long journey), we began our plans. Once again, discussions and arguments and eventual agreement on Yelagiri as the destination. The weekend was chosen, and we planned to start early on a Saturday morning. The distance was about 230 Kms, and we had planned a 5 am start. Friday brought a few hiccups as Vicha was down with cold, but luckily late on Friday evening, We decided to go through with the trip. I had purchased a new backpack on Amazon a few days back. I was extremely excited about the whole trip, and I was (in my wife’s words) like a kid in a candy store.

Saturday dawned, I got up early, got ready, checked my bike, and my wife, who had by now watched a few Motorcycle travel videos along with me, graciously said that she would flag me off and did so after cautioning me to be careful.

Ruminations of an ageing wannabe Biker-green-monster-me-all-set-trip-yelagiri.png

Vicha, with his Pulsar 180, joined me and off we went on my first long Biking trip (Well, to be fair not so long).

The Green Monster and me - All set for the Trip to Yelagiri
We left Vicha’s place at 5.30 and hit the Bangalore highway. It was still dark, and we had our headlights on. We hit a little bit of traffic at Poonamalee and were gliding past Saveetha Medical College as dawn broke. It was a pleasant Morning and conscious of the fact that since my engine was new and I had to conform to running in norms, I stayed around 60 kmph. This did not go down very well with my friend Vicha who was zooming away in his Pulsar 180.

At about 7.00 am, we stopped for our first cup of coffee at a small Tea shop at Sriperumpudur. After a small break, we resumed our journey, and just after we crossed Kancheepuram, I heard a loud roar from behind, and very soon, we saw a group of almost 15 superbikes most of the Harley Davidsons. I swerved to the left and watched in awe, as some of these Bikes were huge and were zooming past with blinkers flashing moving at well over three-digit speeds. Most of the cars also let them go past, and this was indeed a sight to behold. We stopped for breakfast around 9 am near Vellore (not a very pleasant experience).

My insistence of keeping to the prescribed speed limits during the running-in period was slowing us down, and we had another break for a cup of Chai, and I filled up Petrol at a Petrol Bunk as I had read in many of the BHP reports that there is no Petrol Bunk in Yelagiri. Hence it was only around 11.00 am that we started climbing up the hills, and the Dominar performed effortlessly as it pulled without breaking a sweat. Enroute, at almost every picturesque hairpin bend, there were groups of bikers taking snaps and recording their activity for posterity. We stopped near a group of young college kids who had come in a varied mixture of bikes, including a Hero Splendour and a Yamaha. Vicha offered to take a snap of all of them together, and the kids were pleased. They offered to return the favour, and we had a few of our snaps taken as well.

Ruminations of an ageing wannabe Biker-my-friend-vicha-cap-break-way-up-hills.png

During that brief halt, we saw several groups of bikers zooming past, including a group of Dominars, which made me mighty pleased. I then realized that the Biking culture had indeed caught on in India, and that was a sign of great things to come.

We resumed our journey, and the Dominar was a pleasure to drive on those
With my Friend Vicha (with the cap) –“ A Break on the way up the Hills “
hairpin bends. Very soon we reached the top and booked into a very comfortable Hotel. Lunch was once again not a very good experience, and I was told that the crowd at Yelagiri was so heavy during weekends that many of these establishments could not cope with the crowd.

Ruminations of an ageing wannabe Biker-posing-camera-hotel-yelagiri.png
We lazed out during the evening, went Boating, and had dinner at a very small but well-maintained restaurant. The owner herself operated this, and the service was very focused. We enjoyed our simple but tasty dinner and took a stroll around the small town. There was a nip in the air, and the cool weather was a welcome change for guys from Chennai.

Breakfast Time
Ruminations of an ageing wannabe Biker-breakfast-time.png

The next Morning after a reasonably sumptuous breakfast, we decided to head back to Chennai. We wanted to reduce the number of halts as much as possible to ensure that we reached Chennai by 5 .00 pm latest. Once again, the Dominar cruised comfortably in the mid-’60s, and it was a testament to my will power that I did not twist the throttle further to let the Green Monster loose. We broke off for lunch at about 2.00 pm and then headed home. The home stretch was done with just a break for Chai and some snacks.

Wherever I stopped, the Dominar with all its accessories attracted a lot of attention with a lot of people curious as to its make, price, and of course, the inevitable question about Mileage. This bike is definitely a head-turner.

Ruminations of an ageing wannabe Biker-heading-back-chennai.png

Back to Chennai
I parted ways with Vicha near his place and headed home with a wide grin on my face. I was very happy that I had finished my first Road trip and the trip meter read about 470 Kms. Folks at Home were happy to see me back in one piece. There was no doubt at all that I had made the correct decision in choosing this Bike with a lot of positives. Since so much has already been written about the positives, I thought I could just highlight pain points that, in my humble opinion, were issues that could have been addressed better and had scope for improvement. (These are my personal observations, and I could be wrong)
1. Weight distribution made the Bike a bit difficult to handle (especially for small made men and those getting on in age (as yours truly). Is that the reason, or is this an issue that plagues all Bikes with this displacement?
2. Despite all the hype about the LED Headlights, I thought that they were good, but not great, and I decided to supplement them with LED add ons.
3. I did feel some vibes on the handgrips and footpegs, but I am hoping they will fade away as I pile on the kms on the odometer.
4. The turning radius was an embarrassment, especially when one was trying to make a U-turn in a small crowded Street. Once again not sure if it is a reflection of my Driving Skills or lack of it or is actually an issue

This brings us to this oft-discussed question if this bike is actually so good why then is it then selling such disastrously low numbers, some 300 odd, in November 2019. Is it that we Bajaj Fans are so obsessed with its positives that we are underplaying its disadvantages? Is it the Marketing Harakiri that Bajaj committed by taking on RE? Obviously, it cannot be that sales of Bikes with such engine displacement will be so low because RE’s Continental has returned 4 digit figures for the same period if I am not mistaken. Or is it a combination of all these factors and some more. I would really like the opinion of the Experts on this one.
I have rambled on for too long now, another reflection of the years I have already spent on Planet Earth. I, therefore, apologise for boring you guys to death if I did so. I have now added on a few more accessories to my Green monster and am looking forward to my next trip. I am sure that I am the butt of many Jokes in the neighbourhood about this Old guy who is nuts, but then Hey! Who cares, after all, you only live once, and as famous Abe said

Name:  As Abe said.png
Views: 8151
Size:  111.3 KB

Take care Guys, Ride safely and Please do strap on your helmets.
Adieu

Last edited by manson : 5th February 2020 at 14:46. Reason: Rearranged pictures :)
Ganapathy is offline   (116) Thanks
Old 17th January 2020, 15:06   #2
BHPian

Re: Ruminations of an ageing wannabe Biker

Great thread Mr. Ganapathy. Age is just a number and you have some fine company of men/woman who have struck off one item in their bucket list by taking a long tour on a new motorcycle. All the very best for your ownership and touring.
srini1785 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th January 2020, 15:30   #3
BHPian

Good read Ganapathy sir!
Very very relatable.

You may want to 'insert' the attached pics inline though.
Divya Sharan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th January 2020, 16:45   #4
BHPian

Sir, you are just 1 year older than my father and you've just bought a new motorcycle! I absolutely admire your passion for riding at this age and I hope you ride for years to come!
My brother owns a previous gen Dominar and i know how good the bike is. Your bike looks good with the green stripes on the wheels and the windshield! Wish you many kms ahead and a great ownership experience!
CarManMotorcycl is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th January 2020, 17:16   #5
BANNED

I can very well relate to the chest ache and panic that one feels when they hit the realization that they've ever so gently let go of life's reins bit by bit to the point that they they're heading straight towards their demise but can only feel helpless about it.

But then I also know very well the anxiety and fear that one experiences right before venturing out of ones comfort zone, been on several rides before and have clocked stupid mileage in a day's span, yet even today when contemplating longer rides the fear does hit without fail as hard is it did the first time.

So kudos to the wonderful write up, though a little bit of formatting would've made things easier to read.

And now comes the main reason for my Ill articulated reply.

Please do not haul rucksacks or any other form of backpacks on your back while riding a motorcycle, doing so has the potential to create some serious damage.

I specifically recall the last time I hauled a rucksack on my back while riding a motorcycle, I hit a pothole by happenstance and it sent a jolt of current that spread as far as the top of my head to the farthest toe on my foot, there was a dulling ache that shows up at times to this day and the incident in question happened way back in 2015!

So do consider strapping your luggage down to your motorcycle.

Cheers,
A.P.

Last edited by ashwinprakas : 17th January 2020 at 17:18.
ashwinprakas is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 17th January 2020, 18:10   #6
Team-BHP Support

Lovely first post Ganapathy and look forward to continuing updates on your Dominar ownership. I don't know about the sales numbers on the bike itself but there are more and more outstanding threads coming up on the bike. Clearly a connoisseurs choice, this bike. Here is the other one that's a super read. Marking it for you in case you've not seen this yet.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...nar-400-a.html
Axe77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2020, 18:30   #7
BHPian

I hope your new venture turns out to yield happy miles and memories, as well as satisfactory and meaningful outcomes in the larger scheme of life.

You do look relatively youthful for a near-60 guy. I take it you're already more than well aware of the need to keep the body in adequate physical shape to be able to move those 180 kilos of your bike around with ease.
drt_rdr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2020, 18:37   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Ganapathy, I admire your spirit and verve. Way to go. It is never too late to do something for the first time and to learn something new or to enjoy a hobby pursued with passion. 57 and ageing??!!?? as your elder I have just reached the 'a' of ageing so you are a few steps better off. Its not ageing its ripening. At 57 you are a fully ripened fruit :-) .
V.Narayan is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 17th January 2020, 22:06   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srini1785 View Post
Great thread Mr. Ganapathy. Age is just a number and you have some fine company of men/woman who have struck off one item in their bucket list by taking a long tour on a new motorcycle. All the very best for your ownership and touring.
Thanks a lot Srini. I am really thankful for you inspiring words. I do hope to follow up on my first trip and do many more. Thanks once again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post
Good read Ganapathy sir!
Very very relatable.

You may want to 'insert' the attached pics inline though.
Thanks a lot Divya Sharan. Am Sorry and Apologise for not attaching the pics in Line . I really could not crack how to do it . Would be grateful for your guidance

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarManMotorcycl View Post
Sir, you are just 1 year older than my father and you've just bought a new motorcycle! I absolutely admire your passion for riding at this age and I hope you ride for years to come!
My brother owns a previous gen Dominar and i know how good the bike is. Your bike looks good with the green stripes on the wheels and the windshield! Wish you many kms ahead and a great ownership experience!
Thanks a lot for your kind words. Am grateful

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
I can very well relate to the chest ache and panic that one feels when they hit the realization that they've ever so gently let go of life's reins bit by bit to the point that they they're heading straight towards their demise but can only feel helpless about it.

Thanks a lot AP . Sorry about the formatting Hope to do a better job next time. I am indeed very grateful for your advice regarding the Rucksack on my back. Honestly had not realised it was such a big folly on my part. Will ensure that I strap the luggage on to my Bike next time without fail. Thanks once again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Lovely first post Ganapathy and look forward to continuing updates on your Dominar ownership. I don't know about the sales numbers on the bike itself but there are more and more outstanding threads coming up on the bike. Clearly a connoisseurs choice, this bike. Here is the other one that's a super read. Marking it for you in case you've not seen this yet.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...nar-400-a.html
Thanks a lot Axe77 for your kind words. Will definitely reads the article mentioned by you

Quote:
Originally Posted by drt_rdr View Post
I hope your new venture turns out to yield happy miles and memories, as well as satisfactory and meaningful outcomes in the larger scheme of life.

You do look relatively youthful for a near-60 guy. I take it you're already more than well aware of the need to keep the body in adequate physical shape to be able to move those 180 kilos of your bike around with ease.
Thank you drt_rdr for your kind words. I really do intend to follow up on my first ride . Yes you are right, The Dominar is quite a handful in terms of weight to handle . As you so correctly put it , all the more reason for me to get in to shape.

Thanks once again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Ganapathy, I admire your spirit and verve. Way to go. It is never too late to do something for the first time and to learn something new or to enjoy a hobby pursued with passion. 57 and ageing??!!?? as your elder I have just reached the 'a' of ageing so you are a few steps better off. Its not ageing its ripening. At 57 you are a fully ripened fruit :-) .
Thanks a lot Sir for your kind words. Will definitely take inspiration from it

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE [QUOTE +] buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here (How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP).

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 18th January 2020 at 14:37. Reason: Back to back posts.
Ganapathy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2020, 13:27   #10
Senior - BHPian

Good, straight from the heart narration Sir. All I would say is enjoy the Dominar for a year or so, put some miles on her, and then retain her as a City runabout, but upgrade to something like a Versys or VStrom. That is when the true potential of motorcycle touring will really open up, and you'll start gobbling hitherto unthinkable kilometers on any easy day. But don't rush into it.
Old 18th January 2020, 15:16   #11
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganapathy View Post
Ruminations of an aging wannabe Biker.

Hi Guys,

I have, for a very long time now, been thinking of sharing my thoughts in this elite cluster of motorheads...... Ride safely and Please do strap on your helmets.
Adieu
Ganapathy sir,

Let me start by paraphrasing Vadivelu, "Ayya Vanakkam. Anna Vanakkam".

Congratulations on your Dominar. More than that, congratulations on your decision to live your life.

Your post made me smile. Then it made me laugh. Then it made me re-read the whole thread again. I especially liked that bit where your family suggested that you re-examine your sanity when you disclosed to them that you would like to do a road-trip. Rest assured that barring a few unencumbered individuals, almost everyone of us has to deal with a similar discussion at home. That's the beauty of family. If everyone agreed with us, there would be no battles to win, and life would be that much more monochromatic.

FYI, I myself have been kicking around the idea of a long motorcycle tour for 2 years now. It turns out that in my case, my own proclivity for lazy afternoons in front of the TV has more to do with my hesitation than my family's misgivings with me being out on the road. Don't get me wrong. It's not like they have blessed me with conditional agreement with regards to all my decisions. But, the discussion on riding my motorcycle is definitely conducted in more civil tones today than it was done with 2 years ago. The family has just come to realise that I am happier when I get to do this one thing.

Please take care of yourself out on the road. And please do take your bike out at every opportunity. The TN, Karnataka and Kerala areas are filled with numerous rides that are both picturesque and relatively safe. I look forward to reading more about your travels. By the way, I shared your thread around and suffice it to say that you have made fans out of lots of people in these parts. So, if you ever come as far as Maharashtra, you can rest assured that you will not ride alone here. I will PM you my number. Feel free to reach out.

Safe travels.

P.S.

Here is a helpful thread about uploading attachments to your writing on this forum - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/annou...-team-bhp.html (*NEW*: Improved attachment uploading on Team-BHP!)

Cheers

Last edited by mohansrides : 18th January 2020 at 15:18.
mohansrides is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2020, 20:39   #12
BHPian

Congratulations on the bike and for your going the way your heart desired. As they say age is just a number and you are only as young as your heart is.

Keep travelling and adding to these wonderful memories.

Off topic but you reminded me of my neighbor who is pushing 85 and still goes for a 5 KM ride in the morning on his Rajdoot 175. I hope to see you doing the same.
Old 18th January 2020, 21:01   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Hats off ! Some very pertinent points there from you, Ashwin Prakash & Narayan sir there. And happy for you that you went with your heart, and I hope this time you ride the Dominar for a long long time - miles, not years

And may be get another beauty in the not too distant future
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2020, 21:51   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Good, straight from the heart narration Sir. All I would say is enjoy the Dominar for a year or so, put some miles on her, and then retain her as a City runabout, but upgrade to something like a Versys or VStrom. That is when the true potential of motorcycle touring will really open up, and you'll start gobbling hitherto unthinkable kilometers on any easy day. But don't rush into it.
Thank you roy_libran for your encouragement. I really do hope that I will be able to upgrade to a larger motorcycle as per your advice . But as you so rightly put it I do not want to rush it.Thank you once again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohansrides View Post
Ganapathy sir,

Let me start by paraphrasing Vadivelu, "Ayya Vanakkam. Anna Vanakkam".

Congratulations on your Dominar. More than that, congratulations on your decision to live your life...
Thank you mohansrides for your lovely reply. You are spot on regarding the beauty of family. really appreciate their concern. I did have a lot of misgivings myself regarding my ability to physically endure a long ride especially on a Dominar which is quite a heavy Bike, but I suppose I surprised myself. I really feel liberated after concluding my first trip. It has now given me the confidence to hopefully venture out more frequently and maybe farther from home. Thank you for sharing my thread and I am indeed humbled by your suggestion that I have made fans.

Wishing you all the very best on your own long Motorcycle tour . Thank you for the thread regarding loading attachments Should have done a better job first time around

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulerofsun View Post
Congratulations on the bike and for your going the way your heart desired. As they say age is just a number and you are only as young as your heart is.

Keep travelling and adding to these wonderful memories.

Off topic but you reminded me of my neighbor who is pushing 85 and still goes for a 5 KM ride in the morning on his Rajdoot 175. I hope to see you doing the same.
Thanks a lot rulerofsun for your kind words .Really inspire me. Regarding your neighbour Wow that is Out of the world. Thanks again for your kind wishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Hats off ! Some very pertinent points there from you, Ashwin Prakash & Narayan sir there. And happy for you that you went with your heart, and I hope this time you ride the Dominar for a long long time - miles, not years

And may be get another beauty in the not too distant future
Thanks Ashwin Prakash and Narayan. Am glad myself that I did tick that box off. Looking forward to riding in the future, Thank you for your good wishes.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 18th January 2020 at 23:50. Reason: Trimmed quotes.
Ganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2020, 23:01   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganapathy View Post

Thanks a lot rulerofsun for your kind words .Really inspire me. Regarding your neighbor Wow that is Out of the world. Thanks again for your kind wishes
Thank you.

But do not get too inspired. It is a pain for us young ones (if you can call 40 young) we have to put him on the bike and kick it for him and then he goes at a warp speed of 20 KM and we following him on our cycles/scooty so that there are no mishaps. And there is his wife our loving Aunty who wants to ride pillion.
(Thank God she has the sense of not sitting on the Rajdoot.) So one of the Scooty guys have her riding pillion.

The whole thing is once a rider always a rider.
rulerofsun is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks