Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2020, 15:02   #31
BHPian

Piaggio can come up with something with a removable battery as they have just done that with the help of Sun Mobility for their autorikshaw the Ape Electrik. Though, I hope that sanity prevails and they don't make the same mistake with personal vehicles as they have with the Ape by not allowing the owners to charge their vehicles on their own and get the batteries charged/replaced at their charging stations only and at exorbitant prices. They are charging customers 140 bucks for a roughly 4kWh charge which only runs for 60-70 kms.
Old 11th February 2020, 07:48   #32
BHPian

Re: TVS iQube Electric e-scooter launched at Rs. 1.15 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Having an established brand come out with a well built scooter with a removable battery would have pushed people like me (who live in rented apartments) to make the purchase.

Here more than my max kms in a day the problem is that even if it's once every week i dont want to go to the nearest public charging point and get the scooter charged when my bike can comfortably run 2 to 3 weeks on a full tank.

If my daily commute is even around 20 kms most of these scooters wouldn't make it till the weekend. No way am i going to a public charging point during the daily office grind in Bangalore.
You still didn't answer part of my question. Do you not have access to a 5 A socket at your home or office parking? If not, how difficult it is to set up one?
Old 11th February 2020, 08:53   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreeharipv View Post
You still didn't answer part of my question. Do you not have access to a 5 A socket at your home or office parking? If not, how difficult it is to set up one?
Sorry sir, i dont believe you had asked me any questions. Still, nope i dont have access to a 5A socket at my apartment or workplace (otherwise this would not be a matter for concern at all).

I don't see the point in getting the connection either since i would have to change my home for even small reasons like project change, job change, rent increase etc. P.S i absolutely Bengaluru traffic and like to live as close as possible to my workplace.

At office, i have not been able to convince the admin guys to implement a more strict parking system for two wheelers (even after approaching them with a solution). Can't imagine trying to get them to install a 5A socket.
Old 29th February 2020, 14:24   #34
BHPian

Reviews for this electric scooter have started coming out. Unfortunately, it seems to be from a track ride at TVS Hosur plant.

I for one would have preferred getting a city drive experience.
Old 1st March 2020, 23:33   #35
Senior - BHPian

Good to know that iQube uses LGchem batteries, wondering what batteries chetak was using.
Old 31st January 2021, 21:41   #36
BHPian

Suddenly I am seeing many IQube's on the roads of Bangalore. Seems the buyers starting to accept that the offering is good.
Old 20th February 2021, 09:07   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
Suddenly I am seeing many IQube's on the roads of Bangalore. Seems the buyers starting to accept that the offering is good.
They have outsold the Chetak in December & January. The global semiconductor shortage affected Chetak sales. As and when the supply chain improves and production normalizes, Chetak sales are expected to increase rapidly. Till then iQube will get some traction.

TVS iQube Electric e-scooter launched at Rs. 1.15 lakh-screenshot-20210220-8.55.17-am.png
Old 15th June 2021, 21:10   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

TVS cuts iQube e-scooter price by Rs 11,250 after FAME II subsidy revision.

Quote:
From the earlier Rs 112,027 in New Delhi, the eco-friendly scooter now costs Rs 100,777 in the capital city. And in Bangalore, the pricing stands reduced from 121,756 to Rs 110,506.
Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2021, 21:21   #39
BHPian

Re: TVS coming up with an Electric Scooter. Edit: iQube launched @ Rs. 1.15 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Now for some bloopers...Inattentive graphics designers!! The full range announced is 75 kms and yet with a remaining 20% battery it's showing a DTE of 30kms!
I am not a BMS expert, but some of the inconsistencies can be explained by the methods used by the BMS (battery management system). The depth of discharge or the state of charge does not follow plain math. BMS uses algorithms like voltage counting (Couloumb counting) and maps it to a known discharge curve. Alternatively some BMS use other parameters like current, or a hybrid method. The poor UI guys are catching the flack by displaying what is supplied by the Bosch BMS.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_charge
I agree that it is confusing for the layman who is used to petrol gauges, there is a learning curve with EV usage.

Last edited by GutsyGibbon : 15th June 2021 at 21:24.
Old 17th June 2021, 17:43   #40
BHPian

TVS opened bookings for the iQube in Chennai and Coimbatore today. The on-road price for these cities is Rs 1,15,218. The ex-showroom price in Chennai and Coimbatore is 5,000 more compared to Bangalore. Not sure why it's so much higher between neighboring states.

Now, iQube is available in 4 cities, Bangalore, Delhi, Chennai, and Coimbatore. TVS recently announced that they will launch iQube in 20 cities by end of FY22 (March, 2022).

TVS iQube Electric e-scooter launched at Rs. 1.15 lakh-iqube.png
sri_tesla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 19:48   #41
BHPian

Guys, any of you got a chance to test ride? or own? Can you help with answers for the below?

How is the performance with pillion rider?
Pillion + gradient?
Any other experiments? like pillion + shopping load?
Old 25th June 2021, 11:37   #42
BHPian

Autocar India road test for iQube.

Old 26th June 2021, 19:29   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_tesla View Post
Not sure why it's so much higher between neighboring states.
Most likely due to the state EV policies (lesser subsidy perhaps). If i am not wrong, iQube is manufactured in TN, hosur itself.
Old 30th June 2021, 17:23   #44
Senior - BHPian

TVS iQube e-scooter launched in Pune; priced at Rs. 1.11 lakh

Following its initial launch in Bangalore and Delhi, TVS has now launched its iQube electric scooter, in Pune. It costs Rs. 1,10,898 (on-road) after state and FAME-II subsidies.

TVS iQube Electric e-scooter launched at Rs. 1.15 lakh-download-17.jpg

The iQube uses a 4.4 kW electric motor that produces 140 Nm. It is powered by a 2.25 kWh battery pack that is claimed to offer a maximum range of 75 km on a single charge. The battery can be recharged using a 5A domestic socket.

The e-scooter can accelerate from 0-40 km/h in 4.2 seconds and is said to have a top speed of 78 km/h.

The iQube comes equipped with the TVS SmartXonnect platform that offers features such as Geo-fencing, Remote Battery Charge Status, Navigation Assist, Last park location and Incoming call / SMS alerts; among others.

Earlier this month, the iQube went on sale in Chennai and Coimbatore as well. The company plans to launch it in 20 cities by end of FY2022.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 30th June 2021 at 17:29.
TusharK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 13:12   #45
BHPian

The scooter looks good. As mentioned above, the only bummer is lack of removable battery. This is a blocker for many people who don't have access to power supply in the parking area.

A better solution would be split the battery module into 2 and let the scooter run with either a single battery(half capacity) or both(full capacity). I believe a model from Hero electric has this concept. When one of the batteries is out of charge, we can put it on charge and continue using the scooter with the other one although the range would be half. This will ensure literally 0 downtime for charging.

Hopefully, upcoming scooters from Ola and the new Hero-Gogoro partnership will address these.

Last edited by Everlearner : 1st July 2021 at 13:14.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks