Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2020, 12:56   #16
BHPian

Re: 2020 BS-VI TVS Apache RR310 launched at Rs 2.4 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by FURY_44 View Post
To add to the mix, one of my friend just bought the bike last week and another friend is in the process of booking one, the on road price in Bangalore is 3.14L right now.
That's the highest quote I have seen. Can you please share the break up? Is the insurance 5 years 0 dep?

The price break as per Neo TVS :
Ex showroom - 245000
Tax - 48953
Insurance - 12054 (Bharathi Axa)
RTO registration - 3793
Total - 309800

Finance
Downpayment - 80000
Emi - 7995 (36 months) / 12242 (24 months)
Old 6th September 2020, 19:45   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinkbhaskar View Post
Though the on road price at 3.10 is a bit of a bummer.
But its the perfect price ! RR 310 costs 310k on road.
bf1983 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2020, 17:53   #18
BHPian

This guy has built a DIY quickshifter for his rr310.
Looks quite slick. Anyone looking to do this can take some cues.

Old 24th September 2020, 23:09   #19
BHPian

Hi everyone,

I got my RR310 BS6 about 3 weeks back and have been riding daily since. Noticed a few odd things. If someone could help that would be awesome -

1. When I manually push the bike around, the front disc always grazes against the pads and I can hear it. More sound comes through if it is muddy

2. The headlights while great for city riding are completely useless for highway as the low beam has a very short throw and the high beam illuminates oncoming traffic more than the actual road

3. I dunno if this is caused due to a new engine, but I face large amounts on engine braking. E.g. I am doing about 65 in 6th gear, the moment I leave the throttle, it quickly creeps back down to GTT speed i.e. 36

4. Rear brake pedal has a quite a large amount of freeplay. So you never know if it being pressed or not.

Any fellow BS6 owners facing the same issue ? If yes, how did you resolve them.

Thanks for your help
Old 25th September 2020, 13:23   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPRIME95 View Post
I got my RR310 BS6 about 3 weeks back and have been riding daily since. Noticed a few odd things. If someone could help that would be awesome -
Not a current owner but definitely a potential owner
However, I can pitch in as per my research and experience.

1. Seems like a small misalignment of brake pads. SVC should be able to sort it out in a jiffy.
2. This was reported by various rr310 BS4 owners. Get the headlight assembly aligned by SVC to correct the throw angle.
3. Its because of ride by wire tech which make the on off throttle transitions very sharp (a great feature to have on track but something which you will get used to in the city)
4. You can anytime get the free play rectified by SVC guys

Hope this helps.

I assume you have still not got this serviced hence the track / sport modes are not accessible. Still, can you confirm if there are any sort of vibrations in the speed range of 90 to 120 kmph ?
I intend to use this bike in this speed range and any sort of intrusive vibrations would be a bummer !!
nitinkbhaskar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2020, 20:09   #21
BHPian

Quote:

1. Seems like a small misalignment of brake pads. SVC should be able to sort it out in a jiffy.
2. This was reported by various rr310 BS4 owners. Get the headlight assembly aligned by SVC to correct the throw angle.
3. Its because of ride by wire tech which make the on off throttle transitions very sharp (a great feature to have on track but something which you will get used to in the city)

Hope this helps.

I assume you have still not got this serviced hence the track / sport modes are not accessible. Still, can you confirm if there are any sort of vibrations in the speed range of 90 to 120 kmph ?
I intend to use this bike in this speed range and any sort of intrusive vibrations would be a bummer !!
Yes you are right, its only been 550 KMs so I intend to finish 1000Kms before first service. Anyhow its 2 months long so not to worry.

For high speed, again I cannot comment about Sport and Track modes, but for Urban mode, there are a few vibes around the tank area at 100-110. Getting to 125 i.e. top speed in Urban will be tough as there is a 7k RPM restriction (suggestive) for running in. And by the time you are doing 110, you are already at 6.75K RPM

Regarding my brakes, they stopped making the noise after I cleaned the disc and pads aa much as I could without removing them.

I feel the headlight throw should be adjusted from the factory itself. Minor inconvenience but Im just nitpicking here since the rest of the bike is so perfect.

Go ahead with this bike, only if you intend to ride solo nost of the time. Pillion is strict no-no for any distance longer than 10-15 kms.

Tip - Get some grips for the handlebar as the control box is quite large and the thumb gets strained quickly
RPRIME95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2020, 20:20   #22
BHPian

Quote:

Hope this helps.

About 3rd point, my problem is not with the on/off transition but rather with the amount of engine braking I get when the throttle goes in off state.

I hope this is due to a new engine and not some other issue.

My SVC is almost 80kms away so frequent visits are not possible for minor issues plus going there in the rains is another problem in itself.

Lets hope my first service fixes all my little observations and nitpicks
Old 28th September 2020, 10:22   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Go ahead with this bike, only if you intend to ride solo nost of the time. Pillion is strict no-no for any distance longer than 10-15 kms.

Tip - Get some grips for the handlebar as the control box is quite large and the thumb gets strained quickly
Thank you for your tip. I intend to ride solo so that's fine for me. I hope the tank vibrations you are talking about are not intrusive to malign the ride experience

Small question - What is the rpm at 100 and 110 kmph ?

Good to know that the break pad issue is sorted. Also, I do agree that the headlight throw should have been sorted from the factory itself considering the premium amount that this bike demands.

Anyways, keep us posted on how this pans out post the first service.

Quote:
I hope this is due to a new engine and not some other issue.
If that kind of engine breaking is the inherent nature of engine, then I am afraid it wont go away post first service. Servicing and more miles will just free up the engine and not alter the basic characteristic.

Though I hope I am wrong and this is sorted for you.

Quote:
My SVC is almost 80kms away so frequent visits are not possible for minor issues plus going there in the rains is another problem in itself.
That is something which TVS really needs to focus on. The wafer thin network along with unavailability of test ride bikes is really a bummer.

Its been 3 months and I have not yet heard from dealerships on the test ride mules - in a city like Bangalore !!

Last edited by nitinkbhaskar : 28th September 2020 at 10:28.
Old 28th September 2020, 16:21   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for your tip. I intend to ride solo so that's fine for me. I hope the tank vibrations you are talking about are not intrusive to malign the ride experience

Small question - What is the rpm at 100 and 110 kmph ?

Good to know that the break pad issue is sorted. Also, I do agree that the headlight throw should have been sorted from the factory itself considering the premium amount that this bike demands.

Anyways, keep us posted on how this pans out post the first service.

If that kind of engine breaking is the inherent nature of engine, then I am afraid it wont go away post first service. Servicing and more miles will just free up the engine and not alter the basic characteristic.

Though I hope I am wrong and this is sorted for you.

That is something which TVS really needs to focus on. The wafer thin network along with unavailability of test ride bikes is really a bummer.

Its been 3 months and I have not yet heard from dealerships on the test ride mules - in a city like Bangalore !!
Let me help with your doubts -

1. Tank vibes are not intrusive and are only there because the bike is quite literally approaching its top speed of 125kph in Urban mode. Important observation here is that my lower 2/3rds of the RPM range have become buttery smooth ever since I started going upwards of 5k rpm. Hence I believe these vibes also will smooth out once running in is complete and I can push past 7k RPM

2. Currently, 100kph comes in at around 6-6.1k and 110 comes up at 6.5-6.6k. Dont be concerned since most owners have reported 5.8-6k rpm for 100kph post running in with no vibes.

3. Brake issue took a new turn. It only occurs after I have just used the brake. Disappears once I get enough speed. It is mostly a bleeding issue, and maybe a misaligned pad. Thankfully the disc is fine adn not warped in any way.

4. Headlight throw is actually set correctly from factory as per manual, but it is still inadequate. High beam is best not used. I will adjust the beam as per my liking soon. Maybe we should have level adjusters built in like cars do. Solves so much of the hassle.

I cleaned the bike today so discovered some very bad quality issues. Removing the tyre hugger is a discovery of pain of sorts. Plus I found out that one screw was missing entirely and the other 3 had no washers on them.

Pro tip - Do a detailed PDA if the showroom is in driving distance. I missed mine as there was no time at all. Check the whole bike, remove the seats and inspect and go over each nut bolt visible or otherwise. It will take 15-20 mins but these things will be noticable only then as the bike is properly cleaned. Once you start riding, dust and other stuff accumalates and it is not noticeable anymore.

As for TD bikes, even I did not get a chance. Luckily they had a well maintained BS4 model which I could take out. If you are purely looking to test driving comfort i.e. how the bike rides, a BS4 model should do fine since all changes in BS6 are not mechanically linked except the ride by wire system.

Hoping to gain one more fellow owner for this wonderful beast. Good day!
RPRIME95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2020, 16:12   #25
BHPian

Thanks for your inputs man.
Look forward to your inputs post first sevice

Quote:
High beam is best not used. I will adjust the beam as per my liking soon.
Could you take a before and after shot of the headlight throw (once you adjust them to your liking)

Quote:
very bad quality issues.
Those words have never popped up in any reviews as everyone is gaga over the build quality.

I would take a note of it at the right time. Thanks for your wishes.
Old 30th September 2020, 13:26   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your inputs man.
Look forward to your inputs post first sevice

Could you take a before and after shot of the headlight throw (once you adjust them to your liking)

Those words have never popped up in any reviews as everyone is gaga over the build quality.

I would take a note of it at the right time. Thanks for your wishes.
Will surely share my service review

I will definitely share a before and after for the headlight throw. Will help many owners for comparison.

I am not talking about the build quality of the bike. That is spectacular. I was talking about the Quality Control by TVS post manufacturing. They should not miss these things as this is their flagship product and deserves a little more attention to detail.
Old 30th October 2020, 10:57   #27
BHPian

TVS are reportedly readying a special edition launch on November 4. Wonder if this is just a sticker job or something more special. Maybe a cheaper variant to undercut the G310?

https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...ember-4/40189/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks