Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2020, 18:23   #1
BANNED

2020 BS-VI TVS Apache RR310 launched at Rs 2.4 lakh

2020 edition of the Apache RR310 gets 5” TFT colour instrument cluster, throttle-by-wire, Bluetooth-enabled SmartXconnect, a new feature called GTT+ (Glide Through Technology Plus) and it now rides on Michelin Road 5 dual-compound tires.

2020 BS-VI TVS Apache RR310 launched at Rs 2.4 lakh-tvsapache2020.jpg
Quote:
The 2020 edition of the Apache RR310 has been launched with a BS-VI upgraded engine, smartphone connectivity, four ride modes, new features, and a new color scheme as well. Since its launch in 2017, the RR 310 has received substantial updates including the addition of a slip & assist clutch last year and the 2020 edition is the most feature-loaded iteration yet. The motorcycle is available at select dealerships across the country at Rs 2.4 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

The new RR310 looks largely the same although the black color option will no longer be available and instead there is a new color called Titanium Black - a combination of black, grey and a hint of red. It retains the Racing Red color scheme. A major upgrade is that of the ride modes - Urban, Rain, Sport, and Track - for allowing better control based on riding conditions. It gets a 5” TFT colour instrument cluster, throttle-by-wire, Bluetooth-enabled SmartXconnect, a new feature called GTT+ (Glide Through Technology Plus) and it now rides on Michelin Road 5 dual-compound tires.

It is powered by a reverse inclined DOHC liquid-cooled engine paired with a six-speed gearbox with TVS’ race-tuned slipper clutch. The RR310 is equipped with a multi-information race computer for details like lap timer, top speed, etc, and LED twin projector headlamps as well.
Source
wheelguy is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 00:22   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2020 BS-VI TVS Apache RR310 launched at Rs 2.4 lakh

Those are some good decent additions and worthy mid life updates. Kudos to TVS for adding features along with making it BS6 complaint. A price hike of 12K for all those features is totally worth it.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2020, 17:10   #3

TVS Motors has done a fabulous job with BS6 compliant model. The feature updates will surely give a healthy competition to its competitors in the market. Kudos to our home grown manufacturer to launch such sporty as well as practical bike.
darryldsz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2020, 19:27   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hike in price for 12k is justified with the list of updates the model receives. I’m a fan of its headlights and the rear looks, now a fan of its TFT MID with riding modes. Now this is a worthy bike to upgrade with host of features. While Bajaj is still busy upsizing / downsizing their Dominar and leaving the Pulsar range an orphan with no upgrades, TVS has surely given their heart & soul for this product.

Well done TVS was never a fan of yours, but your BS6 RR310 has made me refer to my friends if anyone thinks of a 300cc super sports from an Indian maker, then will not look further than the RR310.
gururajrv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 13:36   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

A big thumbs up to TVS for equipping the motorcycle with Michelin Pilot Road 5 tyres which is what many big bike owners are using nowadays in India. Given the host of features added, the price increase in actually negligible and if TVS can get some of the current niggling quality issues out of the way, this new RR310 can do very well for them in the sales charts. Good job TVS.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 17:02   #6
BHPian

On paper the TVS Apache RR310 looks like great value and a good ride. But, it seems like the company have dropped the ball with regard to deliveries and test bikes.

Called a bunch of TVS Apache RR310 specific dealerships in Bangalore and none of them have a test bike! They don't even know when they will get it

There's also not one TVS showroom in East Bangalore that has the RR310. All of them are in South, North or West Bangalore. There's a KTM or RE showroom in every other street, it seems. What a bummer!
Old 24th July 2020, 08:10   #7
Senior - BHPian

BS6 TVS Apache RR 310 priced hiked by Rs 5000/- now priced at Rs 2.45 lakh ex-showroom.

2020 BS-VI TVS Apache RR310 launched at Rs 2.4 lakh-smartselect_20200724081004_chrome.jpg

https://gaadiwaadi.com/bs6-tvs-apach...st-price-hike/

Last edited by Venkatesh : 24th July 2020 at 08:39.
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2020, 12:28   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

How are these selling?

With all the new meaningful updates TVS added, i thought it will do much better, but this bike still seems to be very rare sighting on the road. A very competent product, ruined by marketing or rather lack of marketing, and a sparse distribution network. With the kind of dealership network TVS had, it was a mistake limiting it to very few dealerships.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2020, 14:20   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
How are these selling?

With all the new meaningful updates TVS added, i thought it will do much better, but this bike still seems to be very rare sighting on the road. A very competent product, ruined by marketing or rather lack of marketing, and a sparse distribution network. With the kind of dealership network TVS had, it was a mistake limiting it to very few dealerships.
Honestly, they are a very rare sight here in Cochin, which is unfortunate given how capable the bike is. The TVS showroom experience is quite ordinary, but that is the case with the KTM showrooms as well. In terms of sales though, Kerala is an orange state, young riders here just love their KTMs.
neil.jericho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2020, 11:50   #10
BHPian

2020 TVS Apache RR310 BS6 price hiked by Rs. 5000. There has been no changes reported in the model.

Source - https://auto.hindustantimes.com/auto...771986462.html
Old 6th September 2020, 09:54   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavoyWalrus View Post
Called a bunch of TVS Apache RR310 specific dealerships in Bangalore and none of them have a test bike! They don't even know when they will get it
True that.
Have been enquiring around but no sight of test ride bike yet. However, at least they have the bs6 versions in their stockyards now. Was hoping to get some discounts during festive seasons but the folks have said a flat NO

A good thing is that they have tie up with TVS credit who is offering loan at 7.7%. Though the on road price at 3.10 is a bit of a bummer. Would have loved if it didn't cross the 3 lac mark.

Let me know if you get a better deal.
Old 6th September 2020, 10:36   #12
BHPian

The last I checked, the showroom here in Bangalore quoted 3.05L. But, that was before the insurance policy was changed. BikeWale is now showing 2.9L currently. Will have to call up the dealer to check once again.

The finance sounds pretty tempting. I'm waiting for the GST rates to drop, which was hinted by the finance minister recently. I think that would shave off around 5-7k from the OTR price. Although I haven't tested it yet, it seems like a good package (and looks fantastic), so I'll wait it out and try to get a good deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinkbhaskar View Post
True that.
Have been enquiring around but no sight of test ride bike yet. However, at least they have the bs6 versions in their stockyards now. Was hoping to get some discounts during festive seasons but the folks have said a flat NO

A good thing is that they have tie up with TVS credit who is offering loan at 7.7%. Though the on road price at 3.10 is a bit of a bummer. Would have loved if it didn't cross the 3 lac mark.

Let me know if you get a better deal.
Old 6th September 2020, 11:16   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavoyWalrus View Post
The last I checked, the showroom here in Bangalore quoted 3.05L. But, that was before the insurance policy was changed. BikeWale is now showing 2.9L currently. Will have to call up the dealer to check once again.

The finance sounds pretty tempting. I'm waiting for the GST rates to drop, which was hinted by the finance minister recently. I think that would shave off around 5-7k from the OTR price. Although I haven't tested it yet, it seems like a good package (and looks fantastic), so I'll wait it out and try to get a good deal.
Great thanks for sharing.
Keep me posted please. I am also not in hurry. Maybe we can take delivery together
nitinkbhaskar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2020, 12:04   #14
BHPian

To add to the mix, one of my friend just bought the bike last week and another friend is in the process of booking one, the on road price in Bangalore is 3.14L right now.
Old 6th September 2020, 12:09   #15
BHPian

Any idea if these dealerships are offering test rides? Also, from which showroom in Bangalore have your friends bought them?

Most dealers have been unenthusiastic and the experience so far has been rather dull. No wonder KTM outsells the RR310 significantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FURY_44 View Post
To add to the mix, one of my friend just bought the bike last week and another friend is in the process of booking one, the on road price in Bangalore is 3.14L right now.

Most Viewed