Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2020, 11:46   #1
BANNED

New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!

All-new Royal Enfield model spied for the very first time. Is it the upcoming Royal Enfield Hunter or the proposed lightweight motorcycle for women and young riders?

New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!-royalenfieldhunter250ccspiedlaunchprice3.jpg

New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!-royalenfieldhunter250ccspiedlaunchprice2.jpg

New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!-royalenfieldhunter250ccspiedlaunchprice1.jpg
Quote:
It is not news that Royal Enfield is busy working on the next generation of its popular single-cylinder 350 range such as the Classic, Thunderbird and ThunderbirdX. The Chennai-based motorcycle manufacturer initially intended to launch the all-new models before the April-deadline for BS6 implementation. However, the products are still far from being production-ready and Royal Enfield had to settle for BS6 versions of the current-generation 350 line-up.

Now, an all-new Royal Enfield motorcycle has been spotted testing on public roads for the very first time and it is definitely not one of the next-gen 350 models. Sharing a close resemblance with the Thunderbird, this could be the upcoming Royal Enfield Hunter (we had shared a leaked patent application of the same earlier) or the newly-proposed lightweight RE model for women and young riders. Chances of both being the same product are high as well.

The 2020 Royal Enfield Thunderbird test mule was spotted on multiple occasions across the country. In comparison to the Thunderbird, the motorcycle in question has a conventional single-seat layout that sits much lower and flatter. Still, it shares some components which would most likely be a part of the next-gen ThunderbirdX 350.

Another possibility is that this could be an all-new Royal Enfield aimed to lock horns with the Jawa 42, which does not have a direct rival as of now. The higher ‘Jawa’ or Jawa Classic can be considered as a worthy opponent to the Royal Enfield Classic 350 as well as Benelli Imperiale 400.
Source: Rushlane

Image Credits: Varun Vidyaarth via ACI
wheelguy is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 09:51   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!

Rideapart reports that Royal Enfield has registered for the names 'Flying Flea' and 'Roadster' in the European Union.

I'm wondering if this could this be it? Unlike the earlier trademarked 'Sherpa' which sounds apt for an adventure-oriented motorcycle, these two names sound right for a Jawa-42 rival.

New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!-screenshot-20200217-9.50.03-am.png

New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!-screenshot-20200217-9.50.16-am.png

Source

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 17th February 2020 at 13:33. Reason: Typo
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 13:53   #3
BHPian

So are these the bikes that RE is going to manufacture targeting the women riders, light weight and affordable?

We had a news of this some time back :

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...kes-women.html (Royal Enfield planning lighter, affordable bikes for women)
Old 5th May 2020, 19:44   #4
Senior - BHPian

Royal Enfield Working On Multiple New Products. Several names like Sherpa, Hunter and Flying Flea have been trademarked.

The next new Royal Enfield will be the Meteor 350.

New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!-smartselect_20200505193442_chrome.jpg

Royal Enfield boss Siddhartha Lal remains unfazed and says the company doesn't need to react in a knee-jerk manner to the current challenges.

If we have a few months of zero revenue, which is possibly the case right now; it's okay, we will survive. We're not hand to mouth anymore, like we were a decade ago, so we can invest tremendously in the future, said Lal.

The Royal Enfield Himalayan could see a new variant with a bigger, and more powerful engine

New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!-smartselect_20200505193431_chrome.jpg

The Royal Enfield Himalayan is due for a complete revamp, so a souped-up version, possibly called the Sherpa, is also likely to debut sometime in the near future.

https://www.carandbike.com/news/roya...oducts-2223722
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2020, 20:37   #5
BHPian

Stories about RE working on a 650 scrambler have also surfaced today all of a sudden. Really looking forward to it. It would be something to look try on if the qualities checks match that of the twins.
aasheeshmehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2020, 22:31   #6
BHPian

I am still hoping the introduce the 650 on the classic model. Will be a killer combination!

Along with that, maybe a useful display console too.
jasjotbains is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2020, 12:01   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

A little birdie suggests that the bigger offroader from Royal Enfield wont get the 650 engine from the twins. That is interesting.

The 650 scrambler was already showcased by Royal Enfield last year at EICMA. For some strange reason, Royal Enfield didnt showcase the bike front and center but towards a corner of sorts. If I had to guess, its because the Scrambler was production ready and they didnt want to mix it with the other concepts that were clearly showcased and more of design exercises to attract the media.

The response to the Scrambler prototype has been pretty tepid to be honest, it wasnt picked up at all by our media. I found the bike while browsing through videos of EICMA from international video loggers and that was the first that I recall having heard of it.

I just did a quick check on the internet and it appears as though only a couple of the Indian automobile media sites reported the bike, and that too only a day or two after I posted about it on the forum. Who knows, maybe they saw the news from my post and then reported it

Link to post. (Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin)
neil.jericho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2020, 02:32   #8
Senior - BHPian

I am happy to see all-new bikes from Royal Enfield. Excited, actually! That smaller bike, don't know what it will be called yet, looks perfect for what I would want.

I have two hopes though.
- I hope RE continues with the Bullet shape, and produces an all-new Bullet. Previous leaks of a bike on rushlane indicate that this will be the case.
- I also hope RE makes a cruiser with the 650 twin engine, they can easily do it. It will be an unrivaled product in its own niche. Hopefully the design is somewhat inspired by the likes of the Triumph Speedmaster.
rajushank84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2020, 12:45   #9
Senior - BHPian

Royal Enfield Hunter spied testing

Spy images of what is believed to be the Royal Enfield Hunter have surfaced online.

New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!-royalenfieldhunterspiedsideview2.jpg

The test bike seen in these images appears to be a roadster. The bike has a circular headlamp and instrument cluster. It has a teardrop shaped fuel tank and a low seat. The bike has a short tail section and is riding on alloy wheels.

New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!-royalenfieldhunterspiedsideview3.jpg

The engine and exhaust are finished in black. The exhaust looks shorter than most Royal Enfield models. The bike has telescopic fork suspension at the front and twin shock absorbers at the rear. It is equipped with disc brakes at both ends.

New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!-royalenfieldhunterspiedsideview1.jpg

It is not the first time the bike has been spotted. Back in February 2020, a similar test mule was caught testing.

Source

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th May 2020, 04:35   #10
BHPian

The original Royal Enfield Flying Flea is a minor motorcycling icon in the UK. It was produced during WW2 and was used by paratroopers, being light enough to be glider and parachute dropped into the frontline. I visited the museum at Pegasus Bridge (the first patch of Europe liberated in 1944 when British paratroopers landed in gliders ahead of the main D-Day assault) a couple of years ago on a motorbike trip, and they had a Flying Flea on display.

I am glad RE have registered the name for a potential future model, it is a great chapter of the RE heritage.

Sherpa on the other hand, may not be a great model name for the UK market, it was the name given to a rather unispiring 1970s van produced by British Leyland!
Attached Thumbnails
New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!-royalenfieldflyingfleapics1696x524.jpg  

Rob UK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 20:53   #11
Senior - BHPian

Royal Enfield Hunter was spotted on test in Tamil Nadu.

New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!-smartselect_20210129205043_chrome.jpg

New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!-smartselect_20210129205054_chrome.jpg

Source : MotorBeam
Venkatesh is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 1st February 2021, 12:45   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Royal Enfield Hunter was spotted on test in Tamil Nadu.
Nice, give it spoke wheels, a little higher exhaust and with its UJM riders position, it could be very well the spiritual successor to the RX 100 for those who missed it.
Manan9876 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 12:07   #13
Senior - BHPian

Royal Enfield Hunter 350 Instrument Cluster look revealed

New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!-20210214_120540.jpg

New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!-20210214_120543.jpg

New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!-20210214_120546.jpg

Source : Rushlane
Venkatesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 19:12   #14
BHPian

What are the expected price and launch date of this bike?
Old 8th April 2021, 11:09   #15
Senior - BHPian

Royal Enfield's Hunter continues testing in Tamil Nadu, this time caught on the outskirts of Chennai. I like what I see here. This, the Meteor and the Classic would make RE's 350cc line-up pretty strong.

New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!-202103_royal-enfield-new-350cc-motorcycle-test-2.jpg
New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!-202103_royal-enfield-new-350cc-motorcycle-test-4.jpg
New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!-202103_royal-enfield-new-350cc-motorcycle-test-5.jpg
New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!-202103_royal-enfield-new-350cc-motorcycle-test-6.jpg

Source: Anything-On-Wheels

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks