Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2022, 20:10   #166
BHPian

Re: New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!

I booked the bike last week and got confirmation that the bike has reached the showroom and is ready for pickup,but I wasn't ready yet. I wanted toget the color right as both rebel red and dapper white look appealing.

They don't have dapper white in stock yet so I only got to see the red one which looked very good. I'd still want to check out the white RE before moving ahead. Also, there is a 3k increase in OTR price. New price list attached along below.

Interesting things : Avahan Motors Pvt Ltd, Kalyan Nagar Bangalore

* Loan tenure has to be minimum 6 Months, you cannot pre-close before that - felt strange, but this is my first bike purchase in 12 years. so decided to go full cash.
* Looks like the Road Tax and Insurance amount is the price difference from booking date.
* Insurance has to be liberty, no two ways about it. Insurance from outside is not entertained
* RSA and Extended warranty - 6000/ and GMA+wk - 2900/-
* The Showroom was buzzing with customers checking out this bike.
* There was neither a conversation about accessories nor about the price, the mood of the outlet was to book and go, don't even think about asking for freebies or discounts

while the color choice is subjective, any suggestions here between red or white ?

Now the wait to get my hands on the bike is on.

thanks
Attached Thumbnails
New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!-anyconv.com__img_0955.jpg  

Last edited by kishore1984 : 16th August 2022 at 20:15. Reason: added showroom location
kishore1984 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 20:14   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
The Retro in Black looks brilliant. Does anybody know if this variant comes with tubeless tyres or tubed? Haven't been able to locate this info anywhere.
I noticed one brand new bike in the yard with no stickering but is a metro version(I am sure because i noticed alloy rims on it), may be a custom bike for TDs ?
Old 16th August 2022, 20:31   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishore1984 View Post
Now the wait to get my hands on the bike is on.

thanks

I am in the same boat. Have made booking and made payment for dapper ash colour but haven't seen it yet.

No discounts\freebees discussion. I did not bargain much on getting insurance from outside.

Post payment did you get any message about insurance purchase. I got message from Aditya Birla Insurance about buying new policy. I have never applied to Aditya Birla Insurance. Could not get any details from their website also.
Old 16th August 2022, 21:01   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishore1984 View Post

while the color choice is subjective, any suggestions here between red or white ?

thanks
I am also deciding between red and white. Haven't seen both the colors. I will most probably go with white and later remove "pure/ride' decals from the side to make it look more like retro variant.
Old 17th August 2022, 14:46   #170
BHPian

Test rode the Hunter and the Scram -

Hunter looks attractive, and once you sit on it it feels like a Yamaha FZ25 type sport-commuter. Agile through the traffic and probably the hill roads. Engine sounds and feels nice, decent bit of thump to it, but familiar lack of punch doesn’t suit the sporty feel of the bike. For me the engine is just boringly slow - might feel ok on a Classic.

In short - if you don’t mind the lack of speed, you should get it - but then with that riding style you’d probably prefer the Classic anyway?

The Scram looks cooler to my taste, also bigger, but is relatively heavy at the front end, doesn’t feel as eager to wriggle through the gaps, and the engine feels a bit coarse and the sound less appealing. On the other hand the bike pulls quite well - iirc 4500 rpm is the sweet spot where you can overtake people. It feels 90% Himalayan but in a less gnarly, more trendy way.

I cam away thinking that I’ve never ridden the Interceptor or Continental, but those are probably the ones to get if you want an enjoyable engine - something every bike, bought for fun, should have?
Old 17th August 2022, 17:54   #171
BHPian

I somehow feel that the topspeed is limited to 120kmph in the J series engines. Will there be a way to remap the engine?
Old 18th August 2022, 15:46   #172
BHPian

Anybody successful with online booking process? Its not working for me either via browser or app.

Accessories have around 20% discount if you book online, not sure how it is with dealer and insurance quote is 2k less as well.
Old 19th August 2022, 12:55   #173
Distinguished - BHPian

I dropped into a Royal Enfield showroom to get a quick look at the Hunter 350. Most of the other forum members have already pointed out the positives of the motorcycle. Of the colours, the silver variant is such a looker. To me, its the most attractive variant.

Overall, I think Royal Enfield has absolutely nailed it with the Hunter 350. Between the Classic 350, Meteor 350 and the exciting new Hunter 350, Honda's sales teams have genuine reason to be worried about the long term success of the CB350 and RS. The Ronin might end up being the right bike launched at the wrong time.

I had two minor gripes with the motorcycles on display
- the front brake of the base single channel ABS version was noticeably spongier than the dual channel ones.
- the Royal Enfield sticker on the matte blue tank sticks out like a sore thumb. This isnt the case with some of the other colours.

New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!-20220818_155844.jpg
How not to put a logo on a tank

New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!-20220818_155959.jpg
Barely noticeable

New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!-20220818_155853.jpg
How to put a logo on a tank
neil.jericho is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 13:28   #174
BHPian

hello fellow teambhpian's, please welcome Akira - my new Royal Enfield Hunter 350 in Dapper Ash color.
Probably I have honour to be first Hunter 350 owner on Team Bhp

I booked it on 11th August 2022, Rakhi purnima\Raksha bandhan day and took delivery today 21-Aug-2022. Odo reading was 2.8 km at the time of delivery.

This is my switch from 2012 Honda Unicorn to 350 CC bike. Multiple attempts to make switch did not materialize earlier . That's something to add in my ownership thread which hopefully comes up soon.

Got it through Siddh Auto, Pune.

Attaching few photos.
Attached Thumbnails
New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!-img_20220821_120756.jpg  

New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!-img_20220821_120955.png  

Last edited by bhppower : 21st August 2022 at 13:31. Reason: Missed on line.
bhppower is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 17:22   #175
Senior - BHPian

Many congratulations. Akira looks beautiful. Now quickly give us the first review
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhppower View Post
Akira - my new Royal Enfield Hunter 350 in Dapper Ash color. Probably I have honour to be first Hunter 350 owner on Team Bhp
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 18:04   #176
BHPian

Quote:
hello fellow teambhpian's, please welcome Akira - my new Royal Enfield Hunter 350 in Dapper Ash color.
Congratulations....looks nice in that color combo.

Wishing many happy miles on Akira
ToThePoint is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 21:09   #177
BHPian

Quote:

I booked it on 11th August 2022, Rakhi purnima\Raksha bandhan day and took delivery today 21-Aug-2022. Odo reading was 2.8 km at the time of delivery.

This is my switch from 2012 Honda Unicorn to 350 CC bike. Multiple attempts to make switch did not materialize earlier . That's something to add in my ownership thread which hopefully comes up soon.

Got it through Siddh Auto, Pune.

Attaching few photos.
Congrats for the new ride. I have also booked rebel blue variant and awaiting delivery.
Old 23rd August 2022, 10:44   #178
KPR
BANNED

RE is bringing in new non-RE customers in Hunter. Thanks to marginally reduced weight of Hunter by RE and increasing weights of non-RE bikes. My BIL wasn't convinced with other REs. But this time he couldn't resist rebel blue Hunter. He has booked one yesterday.
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 19:32   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
RE is bringing in new non-RE customers in Hunter. Thanks to marginally reduced weight of Hunter by RE and increasing weights of non-RE bikes. My BIL wasn't convinced with other REs. But this time he couldn't resist rebel blue Hunter. He has booked one yesterday.
Spot on. My situation was same. Never could convince earlier due to unreliability and weight factor. So after many years finally booked Hunter.
bhppower is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 22:26   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Absolutely! I was a person who never liked RE until the launch of Hunter. One test drive and everything changed. Went ahead and booked the metro variant.
Piston_head is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks